Bellazon

I noticed that there are tons and tons of Victoria Secret

Cult Icon

related threads, games, discussion, screennames etc.

I've always assumed that VS and their models were just another brand identity- just like Guess, D & G and others. I've always assumed that fascination with the Angels was a 50-50 guy/girl thing. But of course, I am wrong.

What does the company, their products, and their models mean to you? What's so special to you about them?

I don't find their print work or commercials to be particularly better than the Triumphs, Intimissimis, Passionatas ect. of the world. But I think the annual fashion show itself is probably what came to set it apart from the other brands I guess. There's the prospect of who will be there, what kind of outfits they will have, who will perform, who will get the fantasy ect. As to what it means to me, I think I actually prefer the lingerie commercials and print work from the other brands :ninja: because VS recently is becoming more girly than womanly IMO. So I guess what I like most is the fashion show itself and seeing what kindo of outfits are there :) .

The thing with VS is that they're different in many ways ...

- Most of companies have 4 seasons each year, VS promotes like 10 products each year + the seasonal stuff

- VS do launches or send a girl to do promotional things for almost every new product

- VS has commercials for everything: new products, Semi Annual Sale, X-Mas, Valentine's

- They use more models than any other company, i think 90% of models have at least 1 VS picture

- The 'Angels' thing ... For some reason, everyone loves to discuss who the heck is an Angel/Supermodel/Spokewoman/etc

& the reason why most of guys like VS

- It's hot girls in lingerie on TV each year!

& for the fans, we get to see tons of pictures each November of the models we like in the events pre-show, backstage, runway, pink carpet, after party

It's easy:

Models doing a VSFS = Tons of pictures = Happy Fans (you know you love the pictures even if the girl gets to wear a potato bag!)

There's a lot to talk about VS, there's always something you can say about VS

Now, i agree with Joe, lately i prefer print work from other companies like La Senza or Passionata :)

In my opinion- Modeling for Victoria Secret is the best thing you can do in your career, its the top of the game. The vs models are more than just faces and bodies- people known theyre names and they are somewhat celebrities in their own right. They are also the highest paid & are considered to be the most beautiful women alive. They have launched many model's careers and made them a house-hold name. I agree, the print work is nothing special...but the fashion show is what makes them even more famous as not many lingerie/chain store companies do an annual runway show.

Thanks. So it's a visibility thing.

I like the VS models in general but frankly besides Adriana, Alessandra, Karolina, Isabela, Heidi and Giselle... I happen to think that the SI models are better. There's a whole bunch from the SI mag that I think are better than "Candice Swanepoel, Rosie Huntington, Lindsay Elligson, Chanel Iman and Erin Heatherton".

Would SI be a no. 2 in terms of visibility? Those mags seem to stay on rack for months..

http://www.bellazon.com/main/index.php?sho...00#entry2173359

Yeah, i think that after VS probably SI is the other biggest thing you can get ... & IF you get both you're officially the luckiest model on earth, just look at Marisa Miller, Tyra Banks & Heidi Klum ... They're huge now!

I haven't browsed the rag in months so I'm probably missing a few people, but off the top of my head... Anna V., Jessica Hart, Tori Praver, Hilary Rhoda, Julia Henderson, Genieve Morton, etc. would probably fit really well in VS.

http://www.modelinia.com/_content/models/85/AnneV_viz.jpg

Please textlink or upload images onto a host instead of hotlinking. For more information click HERE. Thanks! ~post edited by PinkCouture

post-40981-0-1445986084-16253_thumb.jpg

They..need.. more work.

^ I think Victoria Secret are really picky when it comes to choosing their models , if they are very well known such as Brooklyn & Bar, they probably won't use them cause they will always be associated with being on the SI cover. I think it is an achievement to be in a vs show or on the cover of SI. to me Victoria Secret will always be the biggest modeling thing you can achieve, but SI is a close second for sure.

^ I think Victoria Secret are really picky when it comes to choosing their models , if they are very well known such as Brooklyn & Bar, they probably won't use them cause they will always be associated with being on the SI cover. I think it is an achievement to be in a vs show or on the cover of SI. to me Victoria Secret will always be the biggest modeling thing you can achieve, but SI is a close second for sure.

This is interesting. I've always thought that swimsuit work was somewhat incompatible with the runway (at times).

I just think that VS is very good at publicity. Anything that happens to their models is a way for them to get more press, they use a lot of modern platforms like Facebook and Twitter, they celebrate almost every other day for a reason or another... It's not just FW and SS, it never stops.

The times have changed!! We don't have the models we used to and we don't have a lot of the big name designers any more. So nowadays, VS is the biggest thing. I think it's kinda sad. I sure do miss the Valentino days :(

^ I wouldn't know as i was only around 2 when they had their first ever show, so i wasn't really into watching beautiful women prance around in lingerie. it wasn't until i 2005 that i got interested. I've seen some of the older VS && im not impressed, the ouftits were sooo plain and boring and safe, yes...some are god-damn awful at the most recent shows but atleast they're interesting to say the least...

• 3 weeks later...