Darii

Surprised he doesn't have a thread yet.

normal10245.jpg

From Wiki

Name: Shahid Kapoor

Nationality: Indian

Birthdate: February 25, 1981

Parents: Neelima Azim and Pankaj Kapur (divorced), Stepmom is Supriya Pathak

Schooling: Gyanbharati (Delhi) and Rajhans Vidyalaya (Mumbai)

Residence: Raj Classic, Andheri, Mumbai

Religion: Dad is Hindu, Mother is Muslim

Birthplace: Delhi, India

Pets: Dog (Kaizer)

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Dark Brown

Weight: 70 kgs (170-175 lbs.)

Height: 5'10"

Closer To: His mother, with his father he's a bit restrained

Passion: Acting, dancing, and playing cricket

Favorite Actor/Actress: His dad (Pankaj Kapur) and Julia Roberts

Dance Instructor At: SDIPA (Shiamak Davar's Institute for Performing Arts). Shahid was judged best dancer among 1300 contestants in an organized event.

Coolest Commercial: Pepsi with Shahrukh, Kajol, Rani.

Other Commercials: Kit Kat, Onida, Ala Bleach, Fuji Film.

Got Spotted: When he accompanied his friend to the Pepsi audition and was told he had a nice face.

Music Videos: Aryans - Aankhon Mein Tera Hi Chehra, Kumar Sanu - Kehna to Hai

He Is Always Seen Drinking: Energy drinks

First Movie: Ishq Vishk, Shahid said the movie was fun, fun, fun!

Shahid Cried: When he saw the 'Ishq Vishk' advertisement in the newspaper. He said he was so overwhelmed!!

Funny Moment: When they were shooting in South Africa for the 'Chot Dil Pe Lagi' video, he had to act like a stud and when he turned around, a horse's head was close to his butt. He got so scared that he ran and jumped over a fence.

Amount Of Money He Wants For Each Movie: 1 Crore! That was just rumour, Shahid said. "I'm a practical guy with a modest background. I know the value of money and my value as an artist. I'm asking for a fair sum that won't tax my producers. Come on, I want to stay in this industry for a long time. In my low phases, people should remember me as deserving and straightforward, not someone who duped them simply because I was a success. Please, I'm not asking for Rs 1 crore. In fact, I haven't finalised any price because I haven't signed another film yet. I believe that if you do good work, fame and money will follow."

Hottest Newcomer: In a recent poll in a magazine, Ritesh Deshmukh, John Abraham, and Shahid Kapur were the choices for the 'Hottest Newcomer of 2003.' Ritesh received 0.98% of the votes, John Abraham, 14%, and Shahid received 85% of all the votes!

Number of Offers He Receives Every Day: Twenty

Tidbit: He became a vegetarian after reading a book on life and its many facets.

Filmography

1999 Taal Background dancer in song Kahin Aag Lage Lag Jawe

2003 Ishq Vishk

2004 Fida

Dil Maange More

2005 Deewane Huye Paagal

Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!

Shikhar

2006 36 China Town

Chup Chup Ke

Vivah

2007 Fool n Final

Jab We Met

2008 Kismat Konnection

2009 Kaminey

Dil Bole Hadippa!

2010 Chance Pe Dance

Paathshaala

Badmaash Company

Milenge Milenge Amit

2011 Mausam

Early career, until 2005

Before starting off his career as an actor, Kapoor worked in several music videos and ads, including the Pepsi commercial with Shahrukh Khan, Kajol and Rani Mukerji post Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998). While doing so, he decided to join the Shiamak Davar Institute for the Performing Arts (SDIPA), where he was later seen in Subhash Ghai's film Taal (1999) as a background dancer in the song Kahin Aag Lage Lag Jawe along with actress Aishwarya Rai and in Dil To Pagal Hai (1999) of Yash Raj banner with actress Karisma Kapoor.

In 2003, Kapoor played his first leading role as Rajiv Mathur, a carefree young man in Ken Ghosh's moderately successful love story Ishq Vishk.Appearing opposite Amrita Rao and Shenaz Treasurywala, the film was well received by audiences and Kapoor's performance earned him a Filmfare Best Male Debut Award. Film critic Taran Adarsh from indiaFM wrote, " Shahid Kapur is an actor to watch. He has all the qualities to hit the top slot. Not only is he good looking, but he is an amazing performer [sic], as well. Very original as a performer, the youngster has handled the dramatic and emotional moments with flourish. He is an exceptional dancer as well. All he needs to do is pick and choose his forthcoming assignments with care, so that the journey to the top slot is minus hiccups."

The following year, Kapoor joined once again with director Ken Ghosh in the thriller Fida, where he co-starred alongside Kareena Kapoor and Fardeen Khan. The film failed to do well at the box office, yet Kapoor's performance was praised. The Tribune concluded, "...Shahid Kapoor shines in his role. He looks fresh. As an impulsive emotional and innocent guy, who is sucked into crime because of these very qualities, he manages to evoke your sympathies." He then appeared in the romantic comedy Dil Maange More opposite Soha Ali Khan, Tulip Joshi, and Ayesha Takia. His performance opened to mixed reviews; Rediff.com wrote that "Shahid tends to imitate Shahrukh Khan a lot. He does it well in some scenes, overdoes it in others..."

Featuring in three more films in 2005, success continued to elude Kapoor. However, his performance as Jaidev Vardhan, a man who is sucked into the world of money and greed in John M. Matthan's drama Shikhar was critically acclaimed, earning Kapoor his first Star Screen Award for Best Actor nomination. According to IndiaFM, "Shahid Kapoor is only improving with every film. He matches up to Ajay in almost all sequences."

Personal life

Kapoor was born to actor Pankaj Kapoor and actor/classical dancer Neelima Azeem on 25 February 1981. Kapoor's parents divorced when he was three. After the divorce, he lived with his mother. He shared a good relationship with his father and stepmother Supriya Pathak.

He studied in Rajhans Vidyalaya, Mumbai. Kapoor is a vegetarian.He has three half siblings: a sister named Sanah and brothers named Ruhaan and Ishaan Khattar; Ishaan acted with him in the movie Vaah! Life Ho To Aisi (2005). His maternal grandfather was Anwar Azeem, a noted Marxist journalist and author from Bihar. His great great grandfather was the film director, screenwriter, Urdu novelist and journalist Khwaja Ahmad Abbas more popularly known as K. A. Abbas. His mother Neelima is the daughter of Anwar Azeem, one of the greatest Urdu writers. K.A. Abbas in turn was the grandson of Hali, the chief protégé of Urdu poet, Ghalib.

While filming Fida (2004), Kapoor began dating Kareena Kapoor. They dated for three years and then separated during the filming of Jab We Met (2007). According to him, they remained on good terms, with him saying, "I wish her all the happiness in the world. I have great respect for her. She is a wonderful girl."