Bellazon

Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior
Thumbnail

Warhol

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Dorival Júnior: "Neymar is better than Cristiano Ronaldo"

The Brazilian coach Dorival Júnior affirmed that Neymar has the potential to become better than Cristiano Ronaldo. The former Santos coach and the current manager of Atlético Mineiro knows Neymar very well and has no doubts about his overall quality.

This summer transfer season promises to be exciting for Real Madrid. Among names such as Alexis Sanchez or Kun Aguero, who have been mentioned on the press as potential transfers for the "Merengues", Neymar is certainly one of the few who can be regarded as a "Galáctico" transfer. A potential partnership between Neymar and Cristiano Ronaldo is seen by many as something unpredictable, but one thing is for sure, the Santiago Bernabéu wouldn't complain about the lack of quality and talented players.

Dorival Júnior has coached Neymar in the past and he's confident that the Brazilian prodigy is prepared to join Real Madrid. Dorival Jr.: "In my opinion, Neymar is only worst than Messi. I think he is better than Cristiano Ronaldo in many aspects of the game. He's a lot more pragmatic than Ronaldo, more decisive, more genius. In a few years, I'm confident he'll also reach Lionel Messi's level." said the Brazilian coach to the website Lancenet.

Dorival Júnior: "Neymar is a great kid and has an incredible charisma. If he focus himself on his career, he'll grow very fast because he has such an immense potential."

Dorival also praised one of Neymar's teammates, Paulo Henrique Ganso, the other rising star from Santos. "Ganso is a great professional, just like Neymar is an exceptional player. Neymar is a genius and Ganso is more of a maestro in the midfield. They both complement each other very well on the field."

Petkovic, the former International from Serbia, who played for Real Madrid, Sevilla and Racing Santander, also agrees that Neymar is better than Cristiano Ronaldo. "Neymar is superior than Cristiano Ronaldo. CR7 has a lot of strenght and plays well with his head, but with all the respect, he doesn't have the technique level of Neymar. In the next years, Neymar will fight with the best to become the World best player, just like Messi does."

Petkovic: "Neymar isn't a "Pichichi" kind of player, like Cristiano Ronaldo is, but he is a great forward. He's really good and besides scoring many goals he also helps the attacking plays becoming more dangerous. He has a lot of easiness in finishing his teammates plays. This is the right moment for Neymar to take this step and go play to big European club. He has to leave Santos now and take his chances in Europe. If Real Madrid doesn't sign Neymar, than Barcelona or Manchester United will."

Neymar: "I admire both Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi"

Brazil's most promising star, Neymar, said recently that he admires Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi and he hopes that he can reach their level in the future. However, in Neymar's opinion, Messi is the World's best player and is better than Ronaldo at the moment.

Brazilian wonderboy, Neymar, who just helped his team Santos winning the "Libertadores" last night, affirmed that he respects a lot both Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. The Portuguese and the Argentinian are the World's maximum references these days, when it comes to make an assessment for any new player's potential.

Neymar: "I like both Ronaldo and Messi. But in my opinion, Lionel Messi is the best player in the World right now and I have no doubts on that. But in the other hand, Cristiano Ronaldo is also great, big and a very complete player." said the Brazilian prodigy to Spanish newspaper "As".

Neymar has been strongly linked with a transfer to Real Madrid in the last days and weeks. The possibility of Cristiano Ronaldo playing side by side with Neymar is very likely to happen, but for now, Neymar assumes he has no rush in making the move to Europe, despite several news about clubs being interested in signing him. Neymar: "I'm happy in Santos here in my country and I think I'm playing good football. It's probably not the right moment to move to Europe yet."

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...