Bellazon

Celebrity boyfriends

mbinebri

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which model's career has benefited most from their current romantic relationship?

• Bar Refaeli
    • Brooklyn Decker
    • Miranda Kerr
    • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

As Joe > Average said in another poll, a celebrity boyfriend seems to currently be a model's greatest chance to be The Next Big Thing, so which model has benefited most from their current relationship? Note: to prevent über-fans of certain models from having aneurysms, I'm only including models currently in high-profile relationships that have had a suspicious/debatable correlation to that model's rise to fame and/or subsequent success.

1. Bar Refaeli: started dating Leonardo DiCaprio in 2005, 1st appearance in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Editions in 2006.

2. Brooklyn Decker: married tennis star Andy Roddick in 2009, appeared on cover of the SISE in 2010.

3. Miranda Kerr: started dating Orlando Bloom in 2007, gained Angel status in 2007.

4. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: started dating Jason Statham in 2010, replaced Megan Fox in T3 only months later.

Miranda Kerr and Bar Refaeli

Maybe Miranda had more benefits than Bar.. before dating Orlando she wasn't well known. The same is with Bar.

IMO Miranda wouldn't be what she is now, if she wasn't Orlando's girlfriend.

So I choose Miranda :)

I voted Miranda.

Orlando Bloom may not be one of the most popular acotrs right now, but I remember that Miranda's fame rose after rumours of her and Bloom dating. Also, I guess she makes more money than Refaeli, so it was one of the reasons to vote for Miss Kerr :p

Good idea for a thread seeing as how famous boyfriends are obviously the ticket to [commercial] fame for models now since they've been replaced by celebrities in so many capacities. I never really realized it was even more blatant than I thought until you listed that these pushes are all within a 1 year span of the hook up :| .

That said, even though Rosie got that deal within a year span, I'm still surprised to see Rosie and not Gisele. That's not to say she's not a great model don't stone me guys :blush: . But in this line of subject I usually hear only the others here when Gisele dated Leo from about 2001-2005 and Tom Brady from 2006 to the present and I always thought that helped a lot of commercial visibility since a lot of people I know only know her because of one or the other.

So actually, taken together that equals more years and more pupular men.

2001-2005 + 2006-Present > All the years of the other relationships combined

Leonardo DiCaprio + Tom Brady > The popularity of Leonardo DiCaprio, Jason Stathom, Orlando Bloom and Anthony Roddick individually.

Again, not a knock on her, I just thought that was interresting :) .

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

I think Brooklyn gets 0 benefits from her wedding with Andy :ninja: ... If you don't care about tennis, you don't know who is Andy

Voted for Bar, but i think Joe is right ... Gisele is probably the model who got more press/fame/publicity from her relationships with famous guys

I'm still surprised to see Rosie and not Gisele.

If you reread my intro, you'll see that I kept this to current relationships that might have had an impact on the model's career, and Gisele's relationship with Leo is not current, and she was obviously already known worldwide after that so her dating/marrying Tom Brady is sort of irrelevant fame-wise. But I did consider adding her (and Adriana/Lenny Kravitz) because a four-option poll seems lame, but when it comes to Adri and the fame debate with Gisele, things tend to get out-of-hand. :laugh: But I can add them anyway just to make it more interesting...

That said, I'm kind of surprised no one has voted for RHW. I mean, she starts dating an action star and almost immediately afterwards is cast in an action film despite no credentials as an actor. :blink:

Never heard of Jason Statham :blink:

The Transporter I and II? Snatch? Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels?

I think Brooklyn gets 0 benefits from her wedding with Andy :ninja: ... If you don't care about tennis, you don't know who is Andy

Yeah, the rationale for voting Brooklyn is weak, but someone voted for her. :ninja: And I think Andy is rather famous in the US - especially after that epic Wimbledon match against Federer in 2009.

I'm kind of surprised no one has voted for RHW. I mean, she starts dating an action star and almost immediately afterwards is cast in an action film despite no credentials as an actor. :blink:

Well, to be honest: do you think Michael Bay bases his casting choices on acting skills or because she's a victoria's secret model and looks pretty much flawless? I don't think Jason Statham has anything to do with this. Honestly. I think Bay just looked at her and thought "hot damn!" I mean, Rosie has that sex appeal thing going on and because she is a model, noone expects acting skills, which is the best position to be in when you're in a Micheal Bay movie.

I mean, I like Megan Fox, but look what that role got her: instant fame because of her looks, instant bashing because of the acting and she's supposed to be an actress. I mean, if Rosie gets bashed for her performance, who cares? She'll just raise one of her defined brows, pout her lips and go on her merry way and land a luctrative modeling gig.

If you reread my intro, you'll see that I kept this to current relationships that might have had an impact on the model's career, and Gisele's relationship with Leo is not current, and she was obviously already known worldwide after that so her dating/marrying Tom Brady is sort of irrelevant fame-wise. But I did consider adding her (and Adriana/Lenny Kravitz) because a four-option poll seems lame, but when it comes to Adri and the fame debate with Gisele, things tend to get out-of-hand. :laugh: But I can add them anyway just to make it more interesting...

That said, I'm kind of surprised no one has voted for RHW. I mean, she starts dating an action star and almost immediately afterwards is cast in an action film despite no credentials as an actor. :blink:

I can't "re-read" it. I can only read it the first time :ninja: . If I had I'd have noticed the shout out in the intro :heythere: . I was in a hurry, saw an interresting title and only scanned the part about the year they started dating and the year they got the promotions because I found that interresting.

And since most people I know don't know models I thought the visibility those relationships added to those was worth a mention if a one year fling with a B list actor was. Even if she was already great as I said (though unlike Bar and Brooklyn, Rosie was also already a top model). As "irrelevant" as being with Tom may be to you most people I know know her for that :ninja: , if not being with Leo or Taxi (which she was in in the Leo days...). But, if its about current, its about current and that's fine and like you said for the best (Y) .

And I'm not surprised at all people aren't voting for Rosie over those others. They haven't even been together long enough to really say he's done more for her career than those others. Given the fact that this opportunity opened up due to the series' leading actress and director falling out and the role was mostly about the looks a model replacement is what I would have expected. If you're going to choose a model in that age range, she was already one of the most popular models in the world in that age group before dating this guy, so to me she'd stand a pretty strong chance whether she was dating him or not and there's quite a few it seems dating a guy of that level status. This guy isn't even that well-known or that visible in the media (and I like his movies mind you). I see those other guys on TV every week whether I want to or not :/ . That said, I would have given it to Bar instead :ninja: , but best of luck to them all :) .

I'm going to go with Miranda, but I think Bar has definetely benefited from Leonardo DiCaprio's fame. Also, I agree that Rosie was doing well before she started dating What's-His-Face?. Actually, I have no real clue who this guy is or what he's done at all. I know Rosie's work much better.