Bellazon

Sara Sampaio
Thumbnail

FABIrock

1 hour ago, gotportugal said:

Sara gave a 5-minute interview on Portugal's most-watched news telecast. For the portuguese, you can catch her from 9.23p onwards. Hoping to see if anyone uploads it online, she revealed how proud and happy she was for the role she had in the European movie :smile: 

http://sic.sapo.pt/maissic/2017-11-09-Gosto-de-ter-uma-relacao-proxima-com-os-meus-fas

Can watch here!!

Small summary for those who don't speak portuguese:
-> She said she was extremely nervous while talking in websummit this afternoon and walking in VS would be easier 

-> Some more talking about being a model nowadays, with the importance of social media

-> She said acting is her main goal and that's where she sees herself in the future (!)

-> Also said that Portugal is the best place ever, but that's just common sense  :angel:

1 hour ago, gotportugal said:

Sara gave a 5-minute interview on Portugal's most-watched news telecast. For the portuguese, you can catch her from 9.23p onwards. Hoping to see if anyone uploads it online, she revealed how proud and happy she was for the role she had in the European movie :smile: 

Sara came out in a movie! What was her role? In what movie did she came out?

3 minutes ago, La Vie Est Belle said:

Sara came out in a movie! What was her role? In what movie did she came out?

The movie she's talking about isn't out yet (she said maybe next year) and it's from a portuguese director. She also had a small role in a hollywood movie but I don't remember the name :/

Just now, Scarlet said:

I really enjoyed her talks! She's getting some backlash/trolling over the fact this is a Technology event and she didn't bring too much of that aspect but they are a minority. I personally think she fit really well, it's nice to have someone who deals with major success and relies on social media for wokring to share her point of view.

I kind of agree with the backlash about bringing models into a tech summit...
Probably could've gone to a more suitable candidate. (Even Karlie feels a bit token tech woman representation if I'm honest:S )

Although that being said as a vs fan I guess I'm glad 

I agree that Karlie would have a bigger "impact" because of all the Kode with Klossy and her YT chanel + Social media. 

However the point of the session was about activism etc and I feel that Sara had a great momentum with the Lui Story - it's more relevant than other issues or acomplishments of other models.

Those people didnt even bother to look at her speaking probably. They just see that a model is going and decide to criticize. Sara talked about how Social Media (oh gosh social media has zero to do with technology godamn) changed the game in fashion, how social media gave a voice to young women to now be able to report these assaults. Social issues and stigmas that could now be less current by the happenings of technology, I dont see why this is so troubling to see. Still, I was there, people were very excited for her (and also for Rosario, she was so stable talking).