Bellazon

Sara Sampaio
Thumbnail

FABIrock

26 minutes ago, Englund said:

However, suck it up buttercup. 

She chose the least welcoming jobs as an introvert. Either as a model or as an actress she needs to be shown, to mingle, to kiss as*

+1

If in my job I would skip all the events and dinners and galas because I don't like people or I'm tired, my boss would have fired me ages ago lolol. Most part of business happens in this moments, it's part of everyone's job that works in this industry - whether we like it or not

@Englund You made some very good points, but what I don't understand is if she really suffers that much from anxiety and not liking people (whatever that's supposed to mean?), then why did she seem a lot more comfortable years ago when she first started out and wasn't that well known? For a second I forgot about her and Oliver and now that you mention

it, I can imagine her not being so close anymore with certain models who used to be friends of Oliver's ex wife Jeisa, but that still doesn't explain her behaviour when it comes to Taylor, Irina and Stella. Also the way she sometimes handles things by just going on and on ranting on Twitter is far from mature and she should know better. She's 26, come on, not a 16 year old teenager who doesn't have anything better to do. Sometimes it's better to just ignore things instead of giving them attention, because that's exactly what these type of people want anyway.

Regarding her getting a real acting job, I'd have to agree again, I don't think she will get a serious role before she makes herself a little more understandable (sometimes I really have a hard time understanding her when speaking English, and I talk to a lot of people who's native language is NOT English yet they are still very clear). 

Now before anyone jumps on me and says I should be more positive and if I'm a real fan of Sara I should support her in whatever she does... I truly believe she could go far whether it be in modelling or acting because she certainly has the looks for both, but it requires A LOT of effort, time, hard work, personality and sadly, something seems to be missing.

2 hours ago, kruz said:

So much drama for a canceled night because she had to get up at 6 am to go to WORK and probably did not want to show up there with the face of who slept 3 hours ... really the girl is so complicated ...

Exactly! You guys are honestly drama queens! You're acting like she canceled vogue Italia. It was just a party that she wasn't even one of the honorees. How many events has she done thru the years? Countless! It's not by missing one that she's being unprofessional! And this was not even an important one. About jenifer stop speculating. U guys give too much importance to this little shit. People change and stop hanging people make new friends and lose friends, it happens and sometimes without any drama, just simply cause you move one with your life. There's a lot of bad accusations and speculations thrown at sara and about her life, because none of you know nothing about her life. And saying she won't have a real acting job without giving her a chance is mean at best. Who knows she might be taking a breather from modeling to focus on getting better at acting or anything else, you don't know anything so stop judging her life or act like you know better what she should do than her. 

Almost everyone of you have good points. Sara seems to have phases where she's like fuck it let's do nothing and then phases when she's like I'm gonna chase that motherfucking job until I get it. But right now, she's not ruining her career, but she is missing lots of opportunities. The BoF event was really important, not even Stella or Romee were invited, and for her to just let go of it. I accepted it when she said she wouldn't do many shows, I accepted it when she probably wouldn't do any shows at all bc it's her life and her career, and I'm accepting that now it seems like she's just doing 0. I'll continue to accept things because I'm her fan, I want her wellbeing and will continue to support her through everything. But this is probably now the third time in her career that I've legitimately thought if she even has an agent or not, if she even knows how the game really is. She can't have this attitude for acting, acting is so much harder than modelling, she has a good career in modelling, she's not near as famous as Cara Delevigne to just move on as an actress now. Does she think the movie industry will offer her lots of roles as she comes in? She can't get herself just used to doing these things, cause she won't be able to do them in the acting world.

@star2011 No one is being a drama queen. So far everyone in here has been very civil and correct when sharing their opinion about Sara's current work and what she is up to. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the things I and others have said in here regarding her work and her aspirations of becoming an actress. I understand that you're a big fan of her and so am I actually. I understand that it might not be fun to see people write things you maybe not agree with it, but that doesn't make it wrong or make those people "drama queens". This is just a simple conversation and I'm actually really glad that so far it hasn't turned into a big fight or heated discussion. As fans of her, I'm sure we all want the best for her, whether that be acting or modeling, or who knows, maybe something completely different. All I can say is that I hope she will improve when it comes to networking and putting herself out there, letting people know who she is. :smile:

I'm sorry but it is a bit of a drama queen when you start critizising her like this for just missing one event. She has done 2 events this fashion week already and the important ones, and she had a 6am call time after a night of harpers bazzar icons event, girl probably slept 3h. So I don't know what's worse skipping an event because you are not feeling or looking  ur best or going and not looking good and let people seeing tired and not at ur best! She mingled the night before let her rest if she wants to. And it is being drama queen when we just ran 2 pages of overanalazing her missing one single event. 

20 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

@star2011 No one is being a drama queen. So far everyone in here has been very civil and correct when sharing their opinion about Sara's current work and what she is up to. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the things I and others have said in here regarding her work and her aspirations of becoming an actress. I understand that you're a big fan of her and so am I actually. I understand that it might not be fun to see people write things you maybe not agree with it, but that doesn't make it wrong or make those people "drama queens". This is just a simple conversation and I'm actually really glad that so far it hasn't turned into a big fight or heated discussion. As fans of her, I'm sure we all want the best for her, whether that be acting or modeling, or who knows, maybe something completely different. All I can say is that I hope she will improve when it comes to networking and putting herself out there, letting people know who she is. :smile:

+111111111111

15 minutes ago, star2011 said:

I'm sorry but it is a bit of a drama queen when you start critizising her like this for just missing one event. She has done 2 events this fashion week already and the important ones, and she had a 6am call time after a night of harpers bazzar icons event, girl probably slept 3h. So I don't know what's worse skipping an event because you are not feeling or looking  ur best or going and not looking good and let people seeing tired and not at ur best! She mingled the night before let her rest if she wants to. And it is being drama queen when we just ran 2 pages of overanalazing her missing one single event. 

Tory Burch, Jeremy Scott, Phillip Plein, BoF, Interscope, not just one event.. We all want the best for her, but we admit when she fails or when she needs to do better.

7 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

Tory Burch, Jeremy Scott, Phillip Plein, BoF, Interscope, not just one event.. We all want the best for her, but we admit when she fails or when she needs to do better.

How do we know she didn't walk those 3 shows because she didn't want to? Maybe she didn't get booked! Ever thought about that? She can't force people to book her... it must be hard enough not to be booked for shows and now you are saying it's her fault she didn't book them

edit: and isn't Interscope a music label? What does that have to do with fashion? As far as we know she only canceled FOB

1 minute ago, star2011 said:

How do we know she didn't walk those 3 shows because she didn't want to? Maybe she didn't get booked! Ever thought about that? She can't force people to book her... it must be hard enough not to be booked for shows and now you are saying it's her fault she didn't book them

Cmon she always did those shows. Tory Burch maybe bc they changed casting directors but she admitted herself that she wants to lay low this FW. And we are saying that is a mistake.

Give the girl a break. She has only recently had success during fashion week and now it's like everyone expects her to walk all of these shows. Like star2011 said, she might not have booked these shows. It's only day like what...three into an entire month of fashion week? Don't burn her at the stake just yet.

1 minute ago, jessicanicole said:

Give the girl a break. She has only recently had success during fashion week and now it's like everyone expects her to walk all of these shows. Like star2011 said, she might not have booked these shows. It's only day like what...three into an entire month of fashion week? Don't burn her at the stake just yet.

Exactly! Just because u have walked a show before doesn't guarantee you to walk every season, she hasn't walked jeremy scoot or moschino in while. And Philip plein irina and stella were there so I'm pretty sure if they wanted her she would be there cause they pay well, so she might just not have booked this shows! She's 1.72 and she got lucky those past 2 seasons, but even last season you could see she didn't walk as many shows anymore. Fashion is like that, they'll book you a lot and then they won't, and in the future they might again. Maybe she said she's laying low this fashion week because she realize is not booking this shows and maybe feels embarrassed she's not booking anything! There's so many reasons, but you all seem to just jump right at it's her fault her personality is wrong, she's wrong, she's ruined her career etc etc

Plus, this is something that happens to every model, they get booked a lot then they don't then they do again, happened to stell Romee taylor Kendall and many more. And all these girls are tall not imagine that for a girl that isn't tall! She as achieved way more than anyone ever thought of when it comes to runway, so give her a break. 

8 minutes ago, star2011 said:

gurl you and realize that people here might have opinions different than yours and it's ok to do so, don't be so defensive all the time

Sara is difficult to work with and fans need to deal with it, there's a reason why she can't keep friends around for a longer than a year and why she can't score big jobs other than VS where she is not even a first tier, she's one of the models with the biggest social followings out there and yet it seems like after working with her a couple of times she gets dropped by brands, the fact that she has scored zero shows so far is pretty telling, she didn't even walk Jeremy Scott. I don't care how tired she is, this is Fashion fucking Week, this is the time for her to be out promoting herself and getting jobs, if you are not booking shows you need to at least try to build network. I bet you all the tea in China that she did not rest much while in Burning Man now she's too tired to work? Fuck off. I adore Sara's look, I've been rooting for her to become a household name for years and I think she's got so much potential but she clearly is just bad a making decisions and seems to think too highly of herself, she makes it extremely hard to keep rooting for her. Jobs are not going to fall in her path, she needs to go out and get them, she's 26 and all she's got is VS once they drop her she'll be majorly fucked if she doesn't start working on something else.

Also what happened to her stylis? He latest looks have been trash o.o

1 hour ago, star2011 said:

Except Sara doesn't work a 9 to 5 job, so she can expect very odd hours and yeah, sometimes that means having to go to events when she doesn't feel like it and would rather sit on the couch at home eating a pizza and watching a movie. Trust me, I get that, everybody has those days when they don't want to do anything and just stay home and relax, but she has been in this business for quite a long time, and now especially is not the time to start slowing down, considering she only got popular not too long ago.

A couple of years ago she wasn't as well known as she is now, and if she is really serious about wanting to become an actress, she should be out there making sure the people in the acting world know her and get to see her. She won't get any real acting roles if she keeps on saying how she wants to become an actress and dreams of making it onto the big screen. Sometimes I feel like she takes the opportunities modelling gave her for granted, I mean she never really complained before and now that she's finally a little well known she keeps saying how this is not what she wants and that acting is what she really wants to focus on. All fine by me, but there's no need to put down modelling and act like it didn't get her where she is today. She worked hard for it and definitely earned her spot, considering she's also a lot shorter than most models, so if I were her, I'd be a little more grateful. I understand that you have a different opinion about it and that's fine, but there's nothing wrong with people sharing their opinion in the way I and others in here have for the past two pages. :smile:

27 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Sara is difficult to work with and fans need to deal with it, there's a reason why she can't keep friends around for a longer than a year and why she can't score big jobs other than VS where she is not even a first tier, she's one of the models with the biggest social followings out there and yet it seems like after working with her a couple of times she gets dropped by brands, the fact that she has scored zero shows so far is pretty telling, she didn't even walk Jeremy Scott. I don't care how tired she is, this is Fashion fucking Week, this is the time for her to be out promoting herself and getting jobs, if you are not booking shows you need to at least try to build network. I bet you all the tea in China that she did not rest much while in Burning Man now she's too tired to work? Fuck off. I adore Sara's look, I've been rooting for her to become a household name for years and I think she's got so much potential but she clearly is just bad a making decisions and seems to think too highly of herself, she makes it extremely hard to keep rooting for her. Jobs are not going to fall in her path, she needs to go out and get them, she's 26 and all she's got is VS once they drop her she'll be majorly fucked if she doesn't start working on something else.

Also what happened to her stylis? He latest looks have been trash o.o

+1 to every single word @Clauds!!!