Bellazon

Sara Sampaio
Thumbnail

FABIrock

3 hours ago, jay_hk said:

does anyone here speak italian? :DDDD I would love a quick translation

Sorry for mistakes:

If there's a thing that Sara Sampaio always does, and it's evident for her 5 millions' Instagram followers, and that makes her shine between all the brunette models, is that she smiles. Like always. This for proving that the time of grumpy and too much underweight models is past and we hope that it never comes again. Spectacular body with muscles in the right places, perfect lips, wonderful eyes and contagious smile, Sara, 25 years, speak for the healty and happy models, who don't take themselves too much seriously. It's evident that she is born for this job when she walks (and she does for many: Giambattista Valli, Miu Miu, Marc Jacobs, Alberta Ferretti, Moschino, Ermanno Scervino, Dolce & Gabbana) and also when she poses for campaigns, like Piko's one in which she will be the star. It's evident even in the interviews, because when she talks about Portugal her eyes lights up and when she tells you that she's watching all Angelina Jolie's movies she does with the tone of a true fan. At the last Cannes Film Festival she attended with a Riccardo Sconamiglio's white and very see-through dress: behind we could see her undies and her butt. Scandal? For another model, maybe yes, but with her the word doesn't even exist, like the word volgarity: "On the red carped the emotion has to be all on the dress, so I don't wear a bra and I wear only a loincloth. In underwear's shoots I haven't problems with showing myself if there's respect around me. At the end it matters only confidence and connection between model and photograph. Some of them male you feel good and you know you can trust, with other I would never think to do it.

We can't say that she's not honest. Between a selfie, a cover, a pic with the other VS' angels, on her Instagram sometimes we see also her boyfriend, Oliver Ripley, a business man that look like an Hollywood star. The two are together since almost an year and maybe, the secret of her smiles it's also here.

"You are born in Portugal. Talk to me of her land and her beauties."

I know it's obvious told by me, but Porugal is the most beautiful country in the world. The food, the people, the energy that you breathe: it's a really special place. We have incredible mountains and beautiful beaches, and I don't even talk about lakes and hills. I mean we have everything.

"How did you start to modeling?"

At 16 I won a contest. The reward was a contract with a portuguese agency. The rest is history.

"What kind of childhood did you have? The passion for fashion was born since you were a kid?"

I did a lot of sport, I studied music, I went at school in the winter and at the sea in the summer. Nothing extraordinary. Fashion didn't interested me, I knew nothing about it and in fact, if you see some of my old looks you would have something to say about it.

"Top model works looks wonderful if you see it from the outside. Is it really like this? What is the most beautiful aspect of it?"

Provably traveling and the opportunity to see amazing places and to meet special people. And also the economy independence, the chance to make yourself a carreer and handle it, like a very business woman, since you are young.

"But, around model's lifes, there's a lot of myth. What do you think that people don't understand or don't know about your job?"

That it's not all glamour how it looks like. When we shoot in a tropical beach it doesn't mean that we are on holiday. Many of the countries and of the cities that I've been, I saw them only through a studio. The other aspect that many ignore is loneliness: you take planes alone, go to the hotel alone, you eat alone. Sure, on set you work with other people, but most of the times are people that you'll never see again. When the work is done, you go back in your room alone, you eat alone again, and you take alone the plane for returning home or for going in another place the following day, and you do it all over again. And this lasts, sometimes, for months. People think that we travel all together but its'd not true.

"Yeah and the impression is even that models are often all friends between them. And in fact I'm asking you: how do you make competition? It's ever happened to you to lose a job that at the end your friend got? And what's happen in this cases?"

Of course it's happened to me. It's part lf the game. It happens often when your friends are famous models, it's normal. And when it happens you can't take it personal, even because this time you lose the job, but next time maybe you'll get the job and your friend lose it. You win and you lose, like in life.

"Who are your friends in the world of fashion?"

The models are Sadie Newman, Shlomit Malka, Josephine Skriver, Jasmine Tookes and Lais Ribeiro.

"If you have to tell what is a crucial point in your career, what would it be?"

I don't know if there is one, I see my life like a lot of small steps that slowly have brought me where I am, or better, where I wanted to be. Of course becoming a Victoria's Secret Angel allowed me to be more known.

"Why?"

It's a show that became part of the pop culture. It's hard to say specifically why it's so special because it's all the batch that is special. As a model, you feel part of a group of extraordinary women, but also of a big family.

"Beauty itself it's a way to gain confidence?"

I think that don't worry about what other people people think about our appareance is the higher proof of every woman's strenght.

"How do you keep yourself in shape?"

I try to have a balanced diet and I work out in gym 3/4 times a week. I prefer find a balance rather than change from an excess to another.

"A model needs to take care of her body in the same way of an athlete?"

I've really been an athlete, when I was little. I did swim and karate and I've attended high level competitions. Today, I've sporty and professional friends and if I compare what I do with what they do no, I can't consider myself an athlete. I work out, but not in such an intense way.

"You have studied math in the university. What did you like about this faculty?"

I've always loved maths, for me it's fascinating that, when we talk about numbers, there's no space for interpretation: a thing is right or wrong. I appreciate this kind of security.

"How so you imagine your future? Is it true that you would like to try cinema?"

Yes. I really want to become an actress. This is how I see my future and it's the next goal that I'm working on

"And the web? Do you like social media?"

Yes and no. I think they are an incredible resource for stay in contact with friends and fans, but they are also full of negative people who spend their time saying orrible thing about others. I try to ignore these last ones, I focus only about the positive aspects.

"There are many girls, even young girls, that consider you their role model. Do you feel this responsability?"

I know that what I do can have an effect on who follows me and I try to be aware of that, but I ask nobody to be like me. I rather think that everyone should be the better version of himself, not of someone else.

"What would you say to a girl that doesn't like her?"

To focus on the positive things of herself, to look at what she has and not what she hasn't. Positivity is our polestar.

"Can you learn how to have a lot of confidence in youself?"

You can fake to be strong. But true confidence is something that you have to feel inside. You can learn it.

1 minute ago, ~Euforia~ said:

@VS19 Thank you so much your so sweet. :flower: I love Sara and happy that VS hired her, and signing her for a contract. 

You're welcome and thank you as well.  Hopefully you enjoy your stay here. :smile: 

I'm glad that they signed her as well.  Definitely one of the more deserving of the new Angels (not that any of them weren't, IMO) and she's been terrific for them so far.