Bellazon

Sara Sampaio
Thumbnail

FABIrock

1 minute ago, gotportugal said:

How many more years are we going to say this?

Omg who cares? You are making it sound that this gala is the most important thing in life! If she never goes who cares? There are more important things in life and this gala doesn't change ur life lol

8 minutes ago, star2011 said:

Omg who cares? You are making it sound that this gala is the most important thing in life! If she never goes who cares? There are more important things in life and this gala doesn't change ur life lol

Contrary to what you believe, it can actually change someone's life when it comes to the right people noticing you. She could meet so many interesting people, and maybe if she actually did go to these events, she would get noticed more and maybe have a chance at becoming a well known actress, since that seems to be her main goal. I know she had a really small role a while ago and while that is great, she won't become this huge movie/tv star if she keeps sitting home or tweeting about these things. 

1 minute ago, *Luna* said:

Contrary to what you believe, it can actually change someone's life when it comes to the right people noticing you. She could meet so many interesting people, and maybe if she actually did go to these events, she would get noticed more and maybe have a chance at becoming a well known actress, since that seems to be her main goal. 

It's not by just going to events ur going to become an actress! Lol It takes more than just be seen and be pretty to be an actress. It works the other way around lol! You become an actress first then you go to these events. Any way this discussion is just stupid. Like I said it's not the end of the world she's not going. 

10 minutes ago, star2011 said:

It's not by just going to events ur going to become an actress! Lol It takes more than just be seen and be pretty to be an actress. It works the other way around lol! You become an actress first then you go to these events. Any way this discussion is just stupid. Like I said it's not the end of the world she's not going. 

I never said that by going to these type of events that she automatically becomes an actress. If she went to these events, she COULD meet interesting people who could maybe help her or teach her things that she could use later on in her career. Like it or not, networking plays a huge role. Talent, yes, you definitely need talent, but you won't become a big star with just that. It's much more than that. And how is this discussion stupid? As far as I know no one said anything "stupid" about it. It's actually quite interesting and I wonder why she isn't going.

1 hour ago, *Luna* said:

I never said that by going to these type of events that she automatically becomes an actress. If she went to these events, she COULD meet interesting people who could maybe help her or teach her things that she could use later on in her career. Like it or not, networking plays a huge role. Talent, yes, you definitely need talent, but you won't become a big star with just that. It's much more than that. And how is this discussion stupid? As far as I know no one said anything "stupid" about it. It's actually quite interesting and I wonder why she isn't going.

She Isn't going because as she said she wasn't invited. It's as simple as that.

I think we all here want what's best for Sara and want to see her succeed. 

some feel we can still like her and our way of supporting her is to incentivize her to get out more, mingle more , put herself out there more. You know suggestions. 

I don't read this is critics most of the time. 

Others feel in order to support Sara we need to be ok with every choice and outcome that she has. 

both, again, want the same: sara to go further.

I think we just have to accept having different ways into looking at the exact same thing is not always bad and to allow for different of opinions is ok. 

she isn't going this time. it's fine. nothing she or us can do about it. 

But let's hope more and more designers and brands notice her. 

Many models never get to go to this event and others that Sara already went to (Cannes, Oscar parties etc). There is so much competition you just might need a bit of luck, a better job from your agent or simply maybe a different atittude during the year? Who knows...

9 hours ago, Sanni said:

As superficial as it may sound, wearing the right dress to the right party can change one’s life. A case in point, Elizabeth Hurley in Versace, the (in)famous safety-pin dress:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Versace_dress_of_Elizabeth_Hurley

+1

Scarlett Johansson, Blake Lively and Jennifer Lawrence all became prominent names in the fashion industry thanks to one red carpet look was published everywhere and designers noticed them, now they are all fashion household names. Heck, Blake Lively's acting career is a joke but the woman is one of the actresses every brand wants, and it's all because one night, she simply nailed it with her look and it took her from teen TV show actress to It Girl.

The MET it's a huge deal in the fashion industry, getting it right in this thing can open a huge amount of doors for any model. Kate Upton is indeed the perfect example of this. That being said, Kate does come from a rich family so for her to pay 25K for one night ain't much, but I doubt Sara or anyone who comes from less would feel right throwing money away like that when is not even a safe bet.

the thing is, she can wear a knockout dress anytime she goes to some premiere. 

J.lo wore her versace green one at the grammys. Elizabeth Hurley wore that pin dress for the premiere of 4 weddings and a funeral. 

she doesn't need the met to catch people's attentions she does need an over the top, unusual dress and she usually has very safe ones when she goes in red carpets-