Bellazon

Sara Sampaio
Thumbnail

FABIrock

3 minutes ago, ceceshores said:

I am too, especially considering the amount of HF work she's done over the last year. Both she and her management need to do a better job cultivating relationships with designers since that's how you get invited. Or you fork over big money. 

On the met t gala the designers have always preferred celebrity's over models! Not a lot of models get  Invited. And the ones that do usually come from famous families or dating celebrities. 

1 hour ago, star2011 said:

On the met t gala the designers have always preferred celebrity's over models! Not a lot of models get  Invited. And the ones that do usually come from famous families or dating celebrities. 

1 hour ago, ceceshores said:

job cultivating relationships with designers since that's how you get invited. Or you fork over big money. 

Even you have to see that VS Angels are as much as celebrities as models. She wasn't invited because there was no designer to dress her. Her fault and her agency's for not getting Sara to meet and cultivate relationships with designers, brands..She is in the modelling world and has been working with VS for 6 years now.

Lol ur talking like it's so easy like that, it's not just about getting invited by a designer. And sara has build good relationships with some designers (Marc Jacobs, balmain, elie saab, Tory burch) she can't just force them to take her , I'm sure there's a lot more than just friendship related to who go or not!

im curious to see who's going from the new angels, because none of them have said anything yet... 

edit: she only has been an angel for 2 years, and pretty much only started doing high fashion this past year and half... so it's not like she has given many chances.. so I'm not worried at all, she as time and it's not the End of the world. Instead of focusing on what she isn't accomplish look at what she is accomplish! Like her first solo vogue cover outside of portugal! That's a big deal!

Sara has built a decent relationship with designers, not a good one (see Stella with Jeremy Scott, the Kartrashians with Olivier, the Hadids with Stella). Designers have a limited amount of invitations to give away and from those invitations you need to cut all the ones that will go to actresses/singers/celebrities and take most of the spots, then you cut the spots for the current face of the brand, and than leaves just a few spots for models to go and designers tend to go with models who they are close to. Sara has done some work for Balmain, Elie Saab and others but is she one of their faves? Nope. The only NAs I expect to attend are Taylor and Stella, the rest I'd be (gladly) shocked if they do.

I do love her VB cover, I'm not a huge fan of the photographer but it looks good, I'm looking forward seeing the editorial.

2 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Sara has built a decent relationship with designers, not a good one (see Stella with Jeremy Scott, the Kartrashians with Olivier, the Hadids with Stella). Designers have a limited amount of invitations to give away and from those invitations you need to cut all the ones that will go to actresses/singers/celebrities and take most of the spots, then you cut the spots for the current face of the brand, and than leaves just a few spots for models to go and designers tend to go with models who they are close to. Sara has done some work for Balmain, Elie Saab and others but is she one of their faves? Nope. The only NAs I expect to attend are Taylor and Stella, the rest I'd be (gladly) shocked if they do.

I do love her VB cover, I'm not a huge fan of the photographer but it looks good, I'm looking forward seeing the editorial.

I really saw Elie Saab going with her. even Blumarine, Moroccan Oil, VS, Tommy none came to get her a freaking invitation

Elie Saab always goes with celebrities, Blumarie is a "small' brand so I bet they don't get as many spots, Moroccan Oil probably doesn't have invitations to give away and neither does VS. Tommy probably has to take Gigi because of their partnership and I bet they'll take a huge crows of nepotism bitches girls, same goes with Balmain, Givenchy and Marc Jacobs who all love a good famewhore influencer. I'm actually terrified not even Adriana is going to get invited this year and I'm not even hoping for Elsa  :rofl: 

Yup, what Clauds said. Walking shows for a designer/going to events they host =/= a good relationship with a designer. It's a working relationship or a model/designer relationship which isn't a bad thing at all, but having simply that isn't going to score you an invite to the Met with them when there's very limited "spare" tickets to go around (after the faces of the brand, celebrities, etc.). A lot of the models designers bring are ones they're friends with or that they've worked with over the years. So yes in that respect, Sara is relatively new there. 

I know Tory Burch goes ever year, but I think she usually brings actresses with her (the Emma Roberts type) and I'm guessing she has a limited number of tickets so she's going to give those to whoever will get her name or pictures in the press the most. 

45 minutes ago, ceceshores said:

Yup, what Clauds said. Walking shows for a designer/going to events they host =/= a good relationship with a designer. It's a working relationship or a model/designer relationship which isn't a bad thing at all, but having simply that isn't going to score you an invite to the Met with them when there's very limited "spare" tickets to go around (after the faces of the brand, celebrities, etc.). A lot of the models designers bring are ones they're friends with or that they've worked with over the years. So yes in that respect, Sara is relatively new there. 

I know Tory Burch goes ever year, but I think she usually brings actresses with her (the Emma Roberts type) and I'm guessing she has a limited number of tickets so she's going to give those to whoever will get her name or pictures in the press the most. 

Exactly! 

9 hours ago, gotportugal said:

She should have just paid for the ticket. I’m sure she could afford it. It worked for Kate Upton. (She later went on to appear on the cover of American Vogue.) You can’t buy the kind of publicity you get when you attend the gala. The pictures will be all over media.

she can buy her own ticket?

that could work or not. I assume it could make her look desperate? because the majority doesn't do it so it must be some sort of downside to it. 

I can only see it work if she got a crazy amazing look/outfit . For instance some portuguese designer, if they made a knockout outfit that would make everyone take and USE her picture. 

because not everyone that goes gets her picture taken, let alone, printed/shared in the big websites. 

5 hours ago, Englund said:

she can buy her own ticket?

that could work or not. I assume it could make her look desperate? because the majority doesn't do it so it must be some sort of downside to it. 

I can only see it work if she got a crazy amazing look/outfit . For instance some portuguese designer, if they made a knockout outfit that would make everyone take and USE her picture. 

because not everyone that goes gets her picture taken, let alone, printed/shared in the big websites. 

Yes, she could have :smile: (A regular person with money couldn’t as the guest list has to be approved by Anna Wintour and co.)

Kate reportedly paid $25,000 for her ticket when she attended the gala for the first time in 2012. But it should be noted that she was styled by Michael Kors and Anna Wintour even then. Trying to slip one’s name in the guest list probably wouldn’t go over well.

Sure, Kate was made fun of in the media but I think people like Anna Wintour appreciated her move because it showed tenacity and that she really wanted to be part of the Met Gala.

In fact, Vogue listed Kate’s 2012 look for their slideshow titled “The Best Met Gala Looks of All Time”

http://www.vogue.com/slideshow/best-met-gala-looks-of-all-time-inline#29

So, I think Sara could have made a deal with some designer to get dressed by them but pay the ticket price herself.

But I understand why she might not have wanted to go that route. Kate was still more of an outsider in the fashion industry back then whereas Sara has walked for different designers etc.

9 minutes ago, star2011 said:

lol paying 25k to go to a gala is just stupid! Is just a gala, there's always next year!

I don’t think so. To get the kind of publicity that being on the red carpet of the Met Gala brings would cost way more than that. ;)

It paid off for Kate because she could show up to a party and get noticed by fashion insiders who might have written her off before seeing how stunning she looks in person. I think Sara is more known by the fashion industry people than Kate was in 2012 but if Sara attended the gala looking drop dead gorgeous, maybe some designers would take note and hire her later even if they had never thought about working with her before e.g. due to her height.