Bellazon

Sara Sampaio
Thumbnail

FABIrock

28 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

i don't see the lack of Sara in VS everyone is talking about in the other thread

yes she doesn't have 20381594237 pics like Elsa, Jo & Taylor but i don't think they're going to drop her anytime soon

Agree, I refrain from saying much on the main threads bc it sounds biased. I get that she's not their main girl, but she's not forgotten by VS like Kate was + just because someone is used doesn't mean they'll get more years (eg. Jac)

Yeah I dont think the lack of Sara means shes going to be dropped. I think VS is smart and they know that she is one of the most well liked new angels, with one of the biggest fan bases. People are always looking forward to new pictures of Sara, the excitement is still there, but none of the other new angels have that effect anymore. On their instagram, bot VS and VS Sport, her pictures and videos always get the most views and likes and I don't think that the lack of Sara means that VS doesnt like her. It means that she has other jobs she needs to do, unlike Elsa and Jo, and I'm sure she doesn't want to turn those jobs down, they're building up her career. But if she were to be dropped next year at least she knows she has a career to fall back on, and VS is not the only thing on her resume. All the big angels who are no longer with VS, Rosie, Miranda, Giselle, Karlie, etc., and the current big angels, Adriana, Allesandra, Candice, were big angels because they had a healthy balance of VS, Campains and HF. So the only New angels who can become big angels are Sara, Taylor, (she's not there yet, but she has time),  and Jasmine.

IG following doesn't translate to sales.

Sara might have one of the largest numbers of followers but that doesn't mean her followers are all shopping from VS and giving them profits. ex) Elsa has one of the slowest growing IG's out of the top girls (Sara/Jo/Taylor) but she must sell well otherwise VS wouldn't be pushing her that hard. Same goes for Jasmine. She has a third of the following of Sara but she ended up with the FB and is used considerably more. IG numbers really aren't telling of how well a model performs for a company. 

I doubt Sara will go anywhere anytime soon, but I also don't see VS putting her at the forefront either. Also as mentioned, Sara has a solid career to fall back on. VS helped open the door to HF for her I think, and now she can grow her career on her own. Moving farther with VS wouldn't be a huge accomplishment in terms of growth even if it would be nice for her since I know VS was one of her big goals. 

9 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

IG following doesn't translate to sales.

Sara might have one of the largest numbers of followers but that doesn't mean her followers are all shopping from VS and giving them profits. ex) Elsa has one of the slowest growing IG's out of the top girls (Sara/Jo/Taylor) but she must sell well otherwise VS wouldn't be pushing her that hard. Same goes for Jasmine. She has a third of the following of Sara but she ended up with the FB and is used considerably more. IG numbers really aren't telling of how well a model performs for a company. 

I doubt Sara will go anywhere anytime soon, but I also don't see VS putting her at the forefront either. Also as mentioned, Sara has a solid career to fall back on. VS helped open the door to HF for her I think, and now she can grow her career on her own. Moving farther with VS wouldn't be a huge accomplishment in terms of growth even if it would be nice for her since I know VS was one of her big goals. 

Yeah, I thinks she should stay with VS as she is rn, it keeps helping her slowly with some buzz and gives her some work from time to time..

I dont think VS uses girls based on how well they sell, and if they did sales wouldn't still be decreasing to the point where they have to start using Adriana again. VS uses girls based on availability, it can't be a coincedence that the 3 most used girls, Elsa, Jasmine, and Jo, are also the 3 girls who barely work outside of VS and if they did sell so well and were well recieved, people wouldn't be constantly complaing about them being used so much.

58 minutes ago, Abry9285 said:

I dont think VS uses girls based on how well they sell, and if they did sales wouldn't still be decreasing to the point where they have to start using Adriana again. VS uses girls based on availability, it can't be a coincedence that the 3 most used girls, Elsa, Jasmine, and Jo, are also the 3 girls who barely work outside of VS and if they did sell so well and were well recieved, people wouldn't be constantly complaing about them being used so much.

Yes but it does also have to do with sales aswell, wasn't Elsa a big winner in PINK for them?

2 hours ago, Abry9285 said:

The only ones who complain are the psycho fans who want X or Y model being pushed harder than Z, you won't find an average VS costumer who will give a flying fuck about VS overusing a model, mostly because they won't spend all day stalking every little shit VS does like some people (including most of us BZ members, lbr) do, they go to the store/website probably no more than once a week so they don't see the girls that often:idk: Elsa, Jasmine and Jo may be working less outside VS out if their own choice, we have no idea of how they've been investing their cash so maybe they have side business not modeling related? A lot of models do that. VS does use girls based on sells, why do you think some women get dropped so fast and others are kept around? At the end of the day it's a business and they need to sell. Especially now that their go-to girls are getting old and ready to go, which is why they started working with so many girls recently and they've dropped so many and kept a smaller group.

I think Sara should leave VS tbh, the brand won't do for her anything more than it has done already, especially if she is going to stay on the bench. I think the smart thing to do for her would be moving to a brand that focuses on her and doesn't have all the contractual restrictions VS has IMO. Now that she has a higher profile she'd be able to capitalize more on her name for sure, if she went back to Calzedonia or did something like Intimissi it would be a major win for her tbh.

10 minutes ago, Clauds said:

The only ones who complain are the psycho fans who want X or Y model being pushed harder than Z, you won't find an average VS costumer who will give a flying fuck about VS overusing a model, mostly because they won't spend all day stalking every little shit VS does like some people (including most of us BZ members, lbr) do, they go to the store/website probably no more than once a week so they don't see the girls that often:idk: Elsa, Jasmine and Jo may be working less outside VS out if their own choice, we have no idea of how they've been investing their cash so maybe they have side business not modeling related? A lot of models do that. VS does use girls based on sells, why do you think some women get dropped so fast and others are kept around? At the end of the day it's a business and they need to sell. Especially now that their go-to girls are getting old and ready to go, which is why they started working with so many girls recently and they've dropped so many and kept a smaller group.

I think Sara should leave VS tbh, the brand won't do for her anything more than it has done already, especially if she is going to stay on the bench. I think the smart thing to do for her would be moving to a brand that focuses on her and doesn't have all the contractual restrictions VS has IMO. Now that she has a higher profile she'd be able to capitalize more on her name for sure, if she went back to Calzedonia or did something like Intimissi it would be a major win for her tbh.

I dont think any of VS' decisions are based on sells, majority of people don't look at the model, they look at the clothes. So them using girls because they sell more doesn't make any sense. The only people who could effect sells are the well known girls, like Adriana, Candice, and Alessandra, everyone else is just a body that clothes happen to be on. No one goes on to a website expecting to by clothes because their favorite model is wearing them. So more than likely Jo, Elsa, and Jasmine are used just because they are there. Sure they take good photos, but so do the other girls. And theres no clear cut way to measure sales among the girls, you would have to put all the girls in the same clothing to get a fair judgement. The best model could be wearing the worst clothes and not sell them. It's all about what your wearing.

Just now, Abry9285 said:

I dont think any of VS' decisions are based on sells, majority of people don't look at the model, they look at the clothes. So them using girls because they sell more doesn't make any sense. The only people who could effect sells are the well known girls, like Adriana, Candice, and Alessandra, everyone else is just a body that clothes happen to be on. No one goes on to a website expecting to by clothes because their favorite model is wearing them. So more than likely Jo, Elsa, and Jasmine are used just because they are there. Sure they take good photos, but so do the other girls. And theres no clear cut way to measure sales among the girls, you would have to put all the girls in the same clothing to get a fair judgement. The best model could be wearing the worst clothes and not sell them. It's all about what your wearing.

Is not about expecting to see your favorite model wearing the clothing. I can bet you that at least 80% of costumers have absolutely no idea of who the women are, out of 14 Angels they may be able to name Adriana, Candice, Behati and that chick who hang out with T-Swift all the time. They sell better because their pictures appeal more women and they draw you to buy the bra/panty, is not about looking like them. The best model could be wearing a potato bag and she will sell it. That's why certain models are more successful, there's brands who have literally spoken about their sells going to the sky thanks to Gisele or Adriana, If it was up to the clothes then all models would be equals, but they are not. Some models sell better and that's a fact, it may be because of their looks, it may be because they take better pictures, god only knows what draws a woman to buy what certain woman is wearing. There's a reason why some model can stay on top for 20 years and other are forgotten after two months.

I'm not saying Sara is bad a seller, she wouldn't be here if she was, but. I do think VS is favoring those other women because they sell even more.

29 minutes ago, Clauds said:

4 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Is not about expecting to see your favorite model wearing the clothing. I can bet you that at least 80% of costumers have absolutely no idea of who the women are, out of 14 Angels they may be able to name Adriana, Candice, Behati and that chick who hang out with T-Swift all the time. They sell better because their pictures appeal more women and they draw you to buy the bra/panty, is not about looking like them. The best model could be wearing a potato bag and she will sell it. That's why certain models are more successful, there's brands who have literally spoken about their sells going to the sky thanks to Gisele or Adriana, If it was up to the clothes then all models would be equals, but they are not. Some models sell better and that's a fact, it may be because of their looks, it may be because they take better pictures, god only knows what draws a woman to buy what certain woman is wearing. There's a reason why some model can stay on top for 20 years and other are forgotten after two months.

I'm not saying Sara is bad a seller, she wouldn't be here if she was, but. I do think VS is favoring those other women because they sell even more.

Yes the photos the girls take are important, but they make up about 10% of someone's decision on what they want to buy. 90% is about the product itself, there was a time where photos of people wearing the garments were not required to sell clothes. There are simply some products that do not sell. it's a hit or a miss business, and you are a lot more likely to have more hits if you get more chances. Elsa, Jo and Jas are all over the website, even if some of the clothing they are modeling doesn't sell well, they still have a large amount of other products to fall back on, which makes them look good. If a model only posed for 10 products and 5 of them didnt sell well (5/10 = 50%), that still looks bad compared to a model who posed for 20 products and had the same amount not sell well (15/20 = 75%) The chance for success goes up with more amount of chances you get.

If I had to guess I would say Sara sells Beauty and Swim well as those are some of the ones that she does more. The rumor that Sara is leaving is not going anywhere until she leaves, simply because she has never been overused by VS and probably never will. She will do her own be there with some campaigns until one of the parts decides that it is time to go.

I honestly buy with the design of the clothes or lingerie or whatever etc that I like, I could careless which model is wearing it. Even if I think the model is ugly but if I found the underwear cute, I would buy it. Same goes with the prettiest model  even thou she is wearing something tragic, I would not buy it. 

1 hour ago, Abry9285 said:

I dont think any of VS' decisions are based on sells, majority of people don't look at the model, they look at the clothes. 

Lmao. They 100% do. Erin Heatherton spoke about it in a podcast and talked about how they tracked the selling rate of each girl- and how she usually ended up with "uglier" pieces because she could sell those better than the other girls. 

VS is a business and they're here to make money. If you don't think they have ways to calculate the girls that do the best for them, that's just naive. 

16 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

Lmao. They 100% do. Erin Heatherton spoke about it in a podcast and talked about how they tracked the selling rate of each girl- and how she usually ended up with "uglier" pieces because she could sell those better than the other girls. 

VS is a business and they're here to make money. If you don't think they have ways to calculate the girls that do the best for them, that's just naive. 

When I said that I was refering to the fact that the girls they use the most are not always the girls who sale the best. All I am saying is that no one can truly state who sells the best out of anyone because in order to do that you have to give every girl the same articles of clothing to see how they are received. Yeah I'm sure that the clothes that the girls get look best on them and they are able to look good in them, but that doesnt change the fact that majority of people don't look at the model when shopping they look at the quality of the clothing. So there would be no point in using certain models to sell things if no one is looking at them. When Erin was modeling for VS people were looking at the models because they were one of the first clothing companies to use actual people to sell clothing. Now everyone is doing it, so the value has gone down and people can care less about who's modeling the clothing.

10 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

Okay. :yes: Believe what you will. 

The "they use these girls the most cause they don't have other careers"  reasoning just sounds so incredibly bitter. :rofl: 

I never stated that they don't have careers, I stated that they rarely work outside of vs so they have a lot more time on their hands, which is true.