Bellazon

Sara Sampaio
Thumbnail

FABIrock

ok so this is the first time that i reply to a topic but just wanted to let this out

could people please grow up? she was singing a freaking song that happened to had the N word. what should she do? blip the effing word?
people need to chill out. did anyone thought that maybe that word doesn't mean the some to her? she is PORTUGUESE not american. In Portugal, the n word is nothing special, both black and white people say it with no special degrading motive behind it, even though it's not used much anymore. and what about these stupidity of black people can say it but white people can't? is this your way to try to get equality between races? by trying to differentiate them?isn't this what you want to avoid?
racism exists in the world, with that I agree. nowadays, not only racism regarding the colour but specially racism regarding religion. I can't speak from experience, but i get black people still get offended by some situations that still happen in our society, that reminds them of the way they ancestors were treated. but get offended with someone who sang a word that was in a song isn't a little bit to much? so it's okay to call her bitch, whore, skinny racist and other degrading names just because of a word, that to her doesn't have the same meaning? you're criticising her for saying a word that apparently offends black people, but calling her all type of names is just right for you? no wonder the world is so messed up - double standards and everything. if you want to criticise someone, at least do it on a reasonable way. at the end of the day she would have probably apologised, but after everything some people said to her and called her, they lost all reason. if i was in her place i would only apologize to my black friends, if anyone got offended with it (which i dont think it was the case) and i think that's what she did.

it's possible for black and white people to coexist in the some world. but for that people need to stop poiting fingers to each other for stupid reasons and focus on the real problems.

Peace :D

Honestly, Sara messed it up all on her own. She could've apologized and owned up to what she said, since clearly people were offended. She was NOT getting attacked in the beginning, it was only her fans who even knew about it. She then dragged one of her fans over DMs who asked her to apologize and told her it was wrong NICELY then started unfollowing her fans who have been there for her for years. She clearly felt no way about saying the word, it was only till she received harsher comments from people outside of her fanbase that she did that "apology" which wasn't an apology at all. That "She's from Portugal!!!" bullshit isn't going to work, she's lived in the US for how many years now. This is the real world and feigning ignorance wont get you anyones sympathy. 

Black people took a word that was made to degrade them, and made it their own thing and integrated it into their culture in a positive light. For instance songs like "My Ni**a". Why do people of other races want to say it so bad? You KNOW the history, so why? Black artists shouldn't have to stop saying something thats engraved in their culture just so other races can get the message that they shouldn't say it?? To even say black people shouldn't say it is just moronic, they RECLAIMED that word and anyone else has no right to say it. If they're offended by it, then you should apologize. I'm tired of people trying to erase history. "equality" doesn't mean there aren't certain things you just dont fucking say, and equality doesn't mean black people should just erase their culture for everyone else. 

I really don't understand how this is a debate. She shouldn't have said it. Period. There are many people and celebrities who bleep out the word when it comes up, so Sara should have too. She is representing a huge brand now, there's no excuse for such ignorance and immaturity. I knew she couldn't be better than Taylor, but I expected she'd learn from Taylor's fuck up. Sad to see. These new girls don't know a thing, if this really went viral - she really doesn't understand this could really hurt her chances smh. This wouldn't have even escalated to where it is now if she had APOLOGIZED immediately after she saw it was offensive. 

Who the hell are you to deman an appology from her? Funny how 90% of the people complaining are white! I saw the periscope. She was right away attacted being called names, and people demanding apologies! I'm sorry, but you have no right to demand such things from her! She said she didn't mean to offend anyone! And she was simply  singing! People need to get a grip and learn how to be tolerant and live their own life's! Please throw the first stone if you never said the world, you just happen not have a all mess society looking for something wrong to point that out! Grow up people 

bellazon should not even allow this type of conversation! 

12 minutes ago, phang.s said:

Honestly, Sara messed it up all on her own. She could've apologized and owned up to what she said, since clearly people were offended. She was NOT getting attacked in the beginning, it was only her fans who even knew about it. She then dragged one of her fans over DMs who asked her to apologize and told her it was wrong NICELY then started unfollowing her fans who have been there for her for years. She clearly felt no way about saying the word, it was only till she received harsher comments from people outside of her fanbase that she did that "apology" which wasn't an apology at all. That "She's from Portugal!!!" bullshit isn't going to work, she's lived in the US for how many years now. This is the real world and feigning ignorance wont get you anyones sympathy. 

Black people took a word that was made to degrade them, and made it their own thing and integrated it into their culture in a positive light. For instance songs like "My Ni**a". Why do people of other races want to say it so bad? You KNOW the history, so why? Black artists shouldn't have to stop saying something thats engraved in their culture just so other races can get the message that they shouldn't say it?? To even say black people shouldn't say it is just moronic, they RECLAIMED that word and anyone else has no right to say it. If they're offended by it, then you should apologize. I'm tired of people trying to erase history. "equality" doesn't mean there aren't certain things you just dont fucking say, and equality doesn't mean black people should just erase their culture for everyone else. 

I really don't understand how this is a debate. She shouldn't have said it. Period. There are many people and celebrities who bleep out the word when it comes up, so Sara should have too. She is representing a huge brand now, there's no excuse for such ignorance and immaturity. I knew she couldn't be better than Taylor, but I expected she'd learn from Taylor's fuck up. Sad to see. These new girls don't know a thing, if this really went viral - she really doesn't understand this could really hurt her chances smh. This wouldn't have even escalated to where it is now if she had APOLOGIZED immediately after she saw it was offensive. 

The problem is the people who were on periscope telling her to apologize where insulting her and her friends(even a couple of her "fans") while demanding that. I personally would never thought what she did was wrong (still don't) but upon reading a bit more on it I understand what's behind the word itself. 

OMG i cant believe that the drama continúes about something so fuck1n stupid . Sara just sang a song that happens to have that word in it.  She was not insulting anyone . So the people that wants an apologize are wasting their time. Those "fans" that sofocated her with the apologize apologize apologize tweets snd dm's !!! Are rude. 

DEAL WITH IT

5 minutes ago, MarVS said:

OMG i cant believe that the drama continúes about something so fuck1n stupid . Sara just sang a song that happens to have that word in it.  She was not insulting anyone . So the people that wants an apologize are wasting their time. Those "fans" that sofocated her with the apologize apologize apologize tweets snd dm's !!! Are rude. 

DEAL WITH IT

+1

4 hours ago, BlueMoonX said:

Oh my God she did say it then she didn't even apologize.  Lawd this is why I only support woman of color. Waisted 3 years supporting her because I wanted to give the Portuguese girl a chance.  Adriana Lima is once again the only white woman I support ( but both of her parents are half black so she barely counts ) 

You come out with this, and you want to complain about Sara? 

7 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

Lmao not a true fan if you don't condone the use of racial slurs. That's a new one. 

Grow up, she was singing along to a song, not insulting anyone. Anyone with half a brain knows there was no malice or ill intent. Stop trying to make something of it that isn't there.

44 minutes ago, brunoexclusive said:

The problem is the people who were on periscope telling her to apologize where insulting her and her friends(even a couple of her "fans") while demanding that. I personally would never thought what she did was wrong (still don't) but upon reading a bit more on it I understand what's behind the word itself. 

Either way, should have apologized. People can be harsh when offended. I don't feel sorry her. *shrugs*