Bellazon

Resident Evil

schadenfreude

Does anyone find it disturbing that flashes of light can be used to put people into a trance?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm more disturbed by the possible usage of subliminal messages in films and TV shows and the fact that i could be being indoctrinated or inadvertently loaded with advertisements. the government have made it illegal to use them but how can i be sure that they are not being used . . .

i'm more disturbed by the possible usage of subliminal messages in films and TV shows and the fact that i could be being indoctrinated or inadvertently loaded with advertisements. the government have made it illegal to use them but how can i be sure that they are not being used . . .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Back in the 60s or 70s, the American government actually had a plan to install some device in the TV so that the TV in every household would switch on by itself when the government pressed a button somewhere (most probably in The White House). They know that most households have a TV and the TV is plugged to the electric socket 24/7. They claimed that the reason for this project was this: In times of emergency, the government can just flick the switch and then relay messages to every household.

Conspiracy theorist was worried that the government might insert mind-controlling devices in the TV as well and used it with the combination of this device.

I don't believe that subliminal messaging would work though.

Flashing messages in a single frame could not do that much harm.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Back in the 60s or 70s, the American government actually had a plan to install some device in the TV so that the TV in every household would switch on by itself when the government pressed a button somewhere (most probably in The White House). They know that most households have a TV and the TV is plugged to the electric socket 24/7. They claimed that the reason for this project was this: In times of emergency, the government can just flick the switch and then relay messages to every household.

Conspiracy theorist was worried that the government might insert mind-controlling devices in the TV as well and used it with the combination of this device.

I don't believe that subliminal messaging would work though.

Flashing messages in a single frame could not do that much harm.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's sounds like the US government had gotten some ideas from Orwell's "1984". :whistle:

i dunno about the subliminal message thing. i still wouldn't condone their usage. i want more research on the matter, personally.

Does anyone find it disturbing that flashes of light can be used to put people into a trance?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do *raises hand* I wonder how that works. I'd be crapping my pants if I was put in that room.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is that definitely for real. how do we know that it wasn't partially set up? if that was for real then that was dodgy. i'm really hoping that that was set up or something . . . :unsure:

It's real.

They said the one who made the video game machine was an actual hypnotician.

He is Darren Brown, Google it up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what i mean is how do we know that the guy wasn't paid to play along or something? it could have been a set-up, right?

my friend is a bit eccentric though and he claimed that he didn't feel that he was in a trance and that he just felt more 'suggestible'. one person couldn't be hypnotised by the guy though so i am somewhat skeptical . . .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Different people have different levels of susceptibility to being hypnotised. Some people (e.g. schizophrenics) have a higher level of susceptibility than others. So it's not something that works on everyone.

• 17 years later...