Bellazon

Question about Bikini area ???

Sweet-me

Lady, I didn't get many replies, did I ask anything wrong. I just don't have anyone else to ask. I am confident in my self, and i think Im veery pretty. I'm just nervos. If this is not the pace to ask is thee another place I could go. I want to do ti but am afraid of in betweem and cutting myself.

Sweet

with the "that's a little mean, don't you think?" I was referring to russellb and not you... and about your question I replied with my experience "I've started shaving it about the same age as you, and lately I also go and get a brazilian wax"...sorry if there was any missunderstanding

Lady, I didn't get many replies, did I ask anything wrong. I just don't have anyone else to ask. I am confident in my self, and i think Im veery pretty. I'm just nervos. If this is not the pace to ask is thee another place I could go. I want to do ti but am afraid of in betweem and cutting myself.

Sweet

If you're afraid of cutting yourself, don't be; I've nicked my legs a million times, but I've never nicked myself shaving the bikini line.

If you want to go down the shaving route:

1. Use a brand new razor.

2. This may seem a little graphic, but sit your butt down somewhere (toilet or edge of bathtub) and open wide. You want to be able to see what your doing and have everything spread out.

3. Start at the pubic line and work your way down.

4. Clean off the blade every couple 'swipes'.

5. Wash yourself off, and reapply shaving cream or lotion as needed.

6. Take your time, if you're in a hurry, you'll regret it later.

If you wanna wax, you can buy at home waxing kits and follow the instruction there. Can't go wrong with reading the pamphlet.

Or you could forget doing it yourself and get it done by a professional.

Hopefully this is even more helpful than my previous mumbo-jumbo. :laugh:

just be yourself, if you feel pubic hair bothers you for you, be it because you don't like how it looks, or if it's uncomfortable, something like that - fine, you should do it. but do your research first on how to properly do it or about good places with trusted professionals. but don't do it just because others do it. you're still so young to be worrying about that. it kinda worries me if you go to highschool and start doing stuff because others are doing it. because it can start with shaving, then smoking, than sex, and so on. so just be true to yourself, don't worry about being different. having a strong personality and being loyal to it, IT'S A GOOD THING !

@madristar - mine became weaker after i shaved them, but pubic hair is different from the rest and everyone's organism is different, so it varies from person to person.

EDIT: oh and if you do it, first if you do it by yourself be aware that it takes time and it's kinda tiring because of the position you have to be in while you're doing it. and afterwards when it starts to grow back, the time will depend on the method you use to do it, it will be itchy as hell. specially in the summer, or if you do some kind of sport that will make you sweat. not that comfortable, at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Omg, I know how you feel! Trust me, at 13, some girls haven't even had their periods yet! So don't feel "unsual" or "out of place", it's just natural to have hair down there!!

As for what to do down there, I wouldn't recommend shaving it off with a razor just yet! Try other, easier options first to see how you feel. If you can, get a small pair of scissors and give it a light trim if you have a lot of hair down there. Then if you feel more comfortable, try using clippers (like the ones men use for having a stubble). I've used clippers in the past and they are great! They can get the hair down to a short length without any pain at all, just make sure that you do it in a downward motion (like, literally trimming down towards your vagina) to avoid getting it extra short. I once shaved and it made me itch like mad, I guess skin down there is just tooo sensitive! But everyone is different, I have friends who shave daily and it doesn't cause them any problems at all. If you are thinking of shaving, try shaving a small area first to see what it's like.

And finally, you can go for a wax. I recently had a couple of waxes down there and it nearly killed me in some areas :/ But anyway, before you do that, try the options I have mentioned above earlier :)

Good luck :D

Thanks for all the info everyone. Does this sound crazy. Remember I told you about my oldr friend that was shaving. Well I talked with her and she said she would do it for me and show me how the first time. Shes coming over again this weekend and I just don't know if its wierd having another girl do this. I trust her and am thinking I'll let her.

SWEET-me

Thanks for all the info everyone. Does this sound crazy. Remember I told you about my oldr friend that was shaving. Well I talked with her and she said she would do it for me and show me how the first time. Shes coming over again this weekend and I just don't know if its wierd having another girl do this. I trust her and am thinking I'll let her.

SWEET-me

Well, if you feel comfortable, then I don't see why not. But remember, if it gets awkward for you don't feel shy and let her know about it and stop the situation. ;)