Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2010 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

chicityboy

Wonder who we can expect to see this year. Hopefully girls like Anja, (no offense to her) aren't cast this year :(

Agree with you about Anja.

I just wanna see girls like Oluchi, Liya, Angela, Caroline T, Raquel, Carmen etc this year.

And I really wanna see Crystal, Hilary, Cintia at the show.

I'm very looking forward to see Adriana with the fb in the show. Kinda curious how the overall-outfit to the fb will look like. After seeing those horrible sketches, confirmed skeletons like Chanel walking the show and "Angel" by Akon possibly being the opening-soundtrack, the fb is like the only good thing so far for me

I have nothing against Anja, I just don't particularly think she's appropriate for VS.

As for Chanel being a skeleton, I'm going to have to disagree about that. She clearly has curves she just seems to be exceptionally petite. I'm not her biggest fan, but she's kinda growing on me.

:banghead:

The point is, is there have been dozens upon dozens of times where she has said her name like we all do and doesn't put any emphasizes on rolling her tongue, or making it sound like EDriana. I've sat down and watched all the videos with Lost Soul and I don't recall her saying Edriana more then maybe a handful over the years..if that?

Guess I'm hater for saying what I did, but alas enjoy that title. PASS ME MY CROWN! AnaBB can't have it, alllll mine!

I heard my name... what'd I miss? :ninja:

I know what you're getting at, Pheno, but doesn't Anja have a bigger bust and a wider waist and hip measurement than Chanel? :blink: To be honest, I dont think either of them should be walking for VS at their current state. :ninja:

Remember, it's not about the actual number, it's about the ratio. Hip 1/waist 1 compared to hip 2/waist 2 (you actually have to do the math, as in divide.). Not hip 1/hip 2 and waist 1/waist 2 or bust 1/bust 2.

One person can have a wider hips than the other, but if the first person's torso is wider than the second, OBVIOUSLY the second person would appear 'curvier' even if their hips might be slightly narrower.

Adriana Wants to Know: Are You Excited for the Victoria's Secret Show?

If you were stuck in traffic in Soho on Wednesday morning, it was for good reason. In anticipation of this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, Adriana Lima appeared at the VS store in Soho to unveil the $2 million diamond, sapphire, and topaz encrusted bra to a crush of paparazzi and fans. Obviously, it goes without saying that the Victoria’s Secret Angel caused more than a few double takes on the city streets when she appeared in a vintage car, wearing a Marilyn Monroe style dress that was perfectly low cut to show off the Fantasy Bra by Damiani.

Later in the afternoon, after a quick outfit change into a more demure gunmetal dress, Adriana sat down for lunch with a group of online editors - and the $2 million bra - at the elegant Bobo in the West Village. After personally greeting everyone at the long table, Adriana gushed over the diamond encrusted piece of decadence, explaining her excitement by saying, “It’s my second time wearing it and for me it’s the most beautiful one. It’s the most elegant. I love the color, and I like the fact that it reminds me of a really Hollywood, ’50s inspired piece.” And as for a second look, it seems the Angel will be wearing a piece from the “Tough Love” collection. “We haven’t had the fittings yet, but I saw the drawing. One of my outfits is like a tattoo, very rock ‘n’ roll inspired. I have a strapless corset that’s red, in a heart shape. It looks like it’s tattooed on the body. It’s very cute!”

Though the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show is still a few weeks away, Adriana adorably gauged editors interest in the upcoming extravaganza, asking just who planned on watching and attending the event - as if anyone would ever think of missing the Superbowl of lingerie shows. Don’t worry Adriana, we’ll all be following every detail of the winged affair!

Since this year will serve as her return to the runway after giving birth to the adorable Valentina, Adriana’s hoping to bring her precious daughter backstage for the angelic event. “I do want to bring her, but we’ll see how she feels that day. A friend of mine sent me wings for her when she was one week old. If I bring her I would definitely put her wings on!” Like mother, like daughter.

FULL DISCLOSURE:

Modelinia received a very generous gift from Victoria’s Secret and KCD during the luncheon, but, honestly, it’s Victoria’s Secret and Adriana so we would have written about the event regardless!

Credit: Modelina

So from what Adriana said I think we got the idea of two segments for the show. A Tough Chick/Rock type theme. And for the FB it will be in like a Classic Hollywood Glamour type segment. I'm excited so far.

So if the boxing outfit is Adriana's too, which was pretty much confirmed in an interview about her trainer (at least they said it was inspired by her), the Fantasy Bra has to be the first segment. Or second. Definitely not a finale outfit if she's going to have three outfits. But who knows.

Wonder who we can expect to see this year. Hopefully girls like Anja, (no offense to her) aren't cast this year :(

You know, the weirdest thing about Anja was that it was said she didn't want to do the show (or maybe it would be better to say: didn't really look forward to do it) but Caroline T and Maryna, who are her friends encouraged her. Idk how true is that but maybe it's fake as, let's face it, high fashion or non-high fashion model, walking for VS is a big thing with lots of money. So I somehow don't see how she could have had passed on it earlier.

I hope Anna J. gets casted again :whistle: she hasn't done too many shows lately :( she's one of the "fuller" hf models now :cain:

You know, the weirdest thing about Anja was that it was said she didn't want to do the show (or maybe it would be better to say: didn't really look forward to do it) but Caroline T and Maryna, who are her friends encouraged her. Idk how true is that but maybe it's fake as, let's face it, high fashion or non-high fashion model, walking for VS is a big thing with lots of money. So I somehow don't see how she could have had passed on it earlier.

Anja is said not wanting to do the show because the models have to show a lot of skin and Anja seems to dislike that. In one interview, she said that she told the VS people that she wants this and that to be covered. Basically having a full outfit. Idk what's wrong with her but I think she had the best body in the 09 show.

I don't care that much about the overall casting. They're going to book who they want to book. I just want to see a return to the models getting more than one walk. It used to be rare that the models only got one outfit, now you can kind of expect that a few models will be "One and done." Even when the models did get just one walk in the past, they also got a finale outfit so it was technically two outfits for them. Last year, they just used whatever outfit they had on last for the finale. That sucked. Also, I want a real finale walk. The last real one was in 2006. In 2007, they didn't show the models that were in the tree's walk on air. In 2008 and 2009 they just walked out from each side. No, let the models walk out in a line, walk to the end of the runway, turn around, and stand at the top. That's the classic finale walk I want to see. Not this other nonsense.

Opening - I say let Candice open with the white Swarovski Miraculous set with big white wings with Akon singing Angel. It's best to get that crappy song out of the way early in the show.

Fantasy Bra - Let it open the final segment the way Karolina did in 2006 and Selita did in 2007. That way they will actually have time to build emphasis on it. I think if you throw it out there first, it will eventually be forgotten over the course of the show because it's kind of nondescript. I think if you aren't paying close attention, it could pass for one of VS's typical sparkly bras.

Katy Perry - I hope they do her like they did with the Spice Girls in 2007. When they performed, they had the stage to themselves. I think that's what they should do with Katy. Plus, she's their big musical draw. They can drag out her appearance and maybe keep people watching a little longer. "Coming soon, Katy Perry blah blah blah." Put her on first, and you don't have that same opportunity.