Bellazon

Becky Thompson
Thumbnail

• 1 year later...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/60603...he-catwalk.html

The 18-year-old is swapping books for the catwalk as she embarks on a modelling career.

The 5ft 11in teenager, from Washington, Tyne and Wear, plans to put university off forever to focus on her career if she succeeds.

Rebecca, who attended Central Newcastle High School, for girls, got a B in English, C in psychology and a D in history in her A-levels.

"I am quite pleased really with my results and they are better than I expected," she said.

"I am going to take a year out to do modelling in London. It really depends on how it goes.

"If I do well then I will focus on that for a few years but if I don't enjoy it then I will go to university to study history."

The teenager was among nearly 100 girls at the public school in Jesmond, Newcastle, who were celebrating their exam results.

At the school 88 per cent of students achieved A or B passes with 60 per cent getting A grades.

Head Hilary French said: "The results were fantastic and we are really pleased for the girls and the staff who have all worked really hard.

"It's always sad to see them go but they are moving on with the next stage of their education well prepared."

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...