Bellazon

Amanda Setton
Thumbnail

Layla90

Amanda Setton (born December 16, 1985) is an American television and film actress. She is best known for her role as Penelope Shafai in "Gossip Girl" and for her role as Kimberly Andrews on "One Life to Live".

Setton grew up in Great Neck, New York where she was president of her high school’s theater club. She is close to her family and is very funny. Setton was born in New York and graduated from Ithaca College. In her junior year she studied abroad in Barcelona Spain in an IES program. Amanda completed a comprehensive 2 year Meisner Technique program at The Actors Workshop of Ithaca under the instruction of Eliza VanCort.

Setton played Penelope Shafai in the teen drama Gossip Girl from 2007 to 2009. She began playing Kimberly Andrews on the ABC soap opera One Life to Live on August 14, 2009. Setton has also had small roles in the 2008 films "Sex and the City" and "What Happens in Vegas". It was announced on February 21, 2010 on the website www.daytimeconfidential.com that Setton had taped her last episode as Kim on "One Life to Live" despite being offered a contract and pay increase from the ailing daytime series. Setton is reportedly moving to Los Angeles where she will audition for pilot season. One Life to Live is not going to be recasting the role of Kimberly Andrews.

source: wikipedia

• 2 months later...

This thread needs to be revived!

And.... Penelope is back in season 4 of Gossip Girl!! :woot: :woot: I had photos of her from the set, but strangely, I can't find them now :| Anyway, a new candid for you-Amanda attending "Twelve" NYC premiere. btw quite a lot of Gossip Girl actors attended the premiere, as Chace Crawford (Nate Archibald on GG) is one of the main characters in "Twelve". I think it was nice of them to go there and somehow "support" him at this event :)

t11n.th.jpg

(photo thanks to beaute_exquise on ontd lj)

• 3 weeks later...

Quotes:

(About "The Passion of the Christ")

It was unbelievable. The music, the cinematography, the acting, oh my God, the acting - all the artistic elements were amazing. There was even a point where I could barely breathe. But the story is very anti-Semitic when it didn't need to be.

(On being recognized for Gossip Girl)

I've been recognized, and I have been hounded a couple of times, but I can't imagine being Blake [Lively] or Leighton [Meester] or Chace [Crawford]. It's just insane for them.

(On acting in college)

I started getting my hands on any projects I could find. A lot of my friends were film students so we'd get together and mess around with a camera in the [Garden Apartments]. I did as much as I possibly could to gain more experience on how my angles were on camera and what lighting worked best.

(About her character in the second season of Gossip Girl)

Penelope will be back in action. She's vicious as ever.

(On being in the "Sex and the City" movie)

It was an incredible experience to even be on that set just for one day.

(About the Meisner technique)

It has helped me to not run away from my feelings and lay them on the line. It also has allowed me to be much more aware and in touch with my feelings. I mean, it's not therapy, but it's a close second!