Bellazon

Most Underrated VS Angels and Models

chrisman46

Ana Beatriz and Oluchi Onweagba should have been Angels.

Now, Ana was offered the contract and turned it down, but I can continue to complain if I so choose. :)

Yeah, I agree about both. Oluchi worked for them since 2000 and even did commercials and launches, and yet never got that contract.

Cintia Dicker is VS Underrated ... How could they say not to her for the Fashion Show last year?! :blink:

Same for Brooklyn Decker ... She was amazing this year in all the swim stuff, i hope they give her a chance this year for the show >.<

Isabeli Fontana is an amazing VS model, im kind of happy she's not an Angel 'cuz she does many things ... But i loved her pictures & i miss her on the site & she's AMAZING every year on the runway & i think she would rock a pair of wings

& i agree about Oluchi ... She worked a lot w/VS, i don't get why she never got a contract

dominique piek i saw her last year casting for the vsfs, how could they say no to her. ana beatriz deserve to be an angel. why did she turn it off.

petra, josie, julie ordon and yamila i have seen pictures of them for vs. but why did they never made them big they are so pretty.

hannah davis and jarah mariano are so underrated too. they deserve to be at least in one vsfs.

...josie, julie ordon...i have seen pictures of them for vs. but why did they never made them big they are so pretty.

I always assumed height (both listed at 5'7.5* but likely more like 5'6 at the most) may have probably limited the runway careers of Julie and Josie in general (not that that has anything to do with VS print work obviously). But on the bright side they're definitely two of the most successful short models of all time and Josie in particular more well known than most tall models even :) . Though I like tall women (though not exclussively) I do find height to be somewhat drastically overrated in fashion at times admittedly...

& i agree about Oluchi ... She worked a lot w/VS, i don't get why she never got a contract
Tyra I guess... But I agree, she would've made an awesome angel.

Out of the Angels right now I'd say that Doutzen and Behati are vastly underused. I mean Behati had one, one outfit at last year's show. Heidi, I understand due to her having had a baby a few weeks before but Behati? And nowadays, it's basically Candice, Miranda and Ale everywhere, a big buzz about Adriana and nothing about Doutzen (and Marisa but she's old and leathery so I don't care).

As far as "just models" go, I'd say Dani Evans, but I am biased because I loved her on ANTM.

Emanuela De Paula- she has worked with them lots, but she should be an angel, shes so beautiful and her body was killer...she wasn't at the last VS show which really sucked because she would have been amazing.

Also Cintia Dicker- shes quite high-fashion looking at times, but can still look sexy...and she does SI, so i don't understand why VS havn't picked her up more and used her more for campaigns and such...

Tyra I guess... But I agree, she would've made an awesome angel.

Out of the Angels right now I'd say that Doutzen and Behati are vastly underused. I mean Behati had one, one outfit at last year's show. Heidi, I understand due to her having had a baby a few weeks before but Behati? And nowadays, it's basically Candice, Miranda and Ale everywhere, a big buzz about Adriana and nothing about Doutzen (and Marisa but she's old and leathery so I don't care).

As far as "just models" go, I'd say Dani Evans, but I am biased because I loved her on ANTM.

I agree about Behati ... They need to let her do something else that looking cute/dummie in the PINK section! She has such a great body&face ... & also she has a great walk, she needs to get at least two outfits!

& yeah ... I don't know what happened to Doutzen =/ ... She did so many things in 2008, she & Adri were doin' a lot of things together but now they don't use her anymore, in fact i think she haven't been in ANY VS event this year? I might me wrong, but i think she only did one little thing (w/Candice of course!) & there are no pictures of that

& even Miranda haven't done that much, she only did two events this year (both w/Alessandra & Candice btw) ... At this point all the angels are underrated IMO ... They're only using two models for everything ... Im dyin' to see other models doing launches, sigs & all ... For Marisa, i think she's not an Angel anymore ... I think she's now an Spokewoman like Erin, Lindsay, Chanel, etc ... Wich sucks IMO =/

Agree w/Vanessa a about Emanuela ... She's great for VS, every picture of her is just amazing, it's sad but it looks like they stoped using her or at least they're not using her as much as in 2008/20009 :( ... She was great in her commercials too

Well, Emmanuella's agent booking something for her on the same day of the show didn't help much I guess :ninja: ...But as to Behati, I'm sure she'll be fine. Because of her personality combined with fluent English she has more options than some of the others in the sense she will probably get more speaking roles in the future. To tell the truth, that skit she had a couple years ago was the most memorable thing for me in one of the shows in the past few years :ninja: . But agreed about the outfits they give her though :laugh: . I know it sounds bad, but I don't want Cintia to become a full-time VS model because I think the quality of her work would decline considerably as a result, but just seeing her walk at least one show would be nice :) .

Fail

THEE most underrated model VS has ever had EVER is Petra Nemcova. VS had her at her height and didn't use more of Petra. Tis what I like to call mmm Fucking Stupid

Petra has been out of the spotlight for a couple of years now and she's still a bigger household name then most models out there.

who is that girl in your avatar joe?

Glad you like :heythere: . She's a rapper :ninja: I'll send you the link when I remember her name...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As to the question at hand, I'm still having difficulty answering I guess.

A) I don't know the whole of the contractural obligations, ventures and other circumstances of each issue including the agenda of said models seeing as how VS isn't the end all of fashion, some may have just chosen other things especially for models that were doing big things during the same time frame anyway. I personally think becoming too tied up with VS lowers the range as well as quality of a model's work drastically though its obviously the thing to do commercial wise in fashion these days.

B) I'm not sure how much me wanting to see more of someone warrents how underrated they are.

But I can say this, most underrated emoticon = This guy :capt: . Give him some love sometime guys :hell yea!: !