Bellazon

New Decade in Fasion (Your Predictions, Hopes, Projections ect.)

Joe > Average

What are your predictions, hopes, projections ect. for this new decade in fashion :) ?

My Predictions

Diversity

Hispanic

Not sure whether to expect any relative increase in non-Brazilian/non-Argentinian/non-European Hispanic models as a whole, but I don't expect to see a decrease by any means. Though there has been an unmistakable increase in Hispanic models of African descent (probably in part due to being, in most cases considerably taller).

African Descent

I expect the % of African American models to remain constant as we didn't see a considerable increase from 90s to first 00s decade (though notably not a high % of the general population in main agency headquarter areas and only 12% of America's general population). Brazilians of African descent on the other hand have increaced drastically in the last 5 years alone and I expect that trend to continue. Though interrestingly enough, every year there are more and more blacks than ever in commercials in general in Western countries including cosmetic ads (though of non-models).

Aisan

With the first publication of China Vogue coming onto the fashion scene in 2005, I expect to see more and more Asian models in this upcoming decade. As a matter of fact there are more Asian models than some realize. However, ironically European models like Sasha P are very popular with the issue and was on the last cover I saw, much like the regular issue, I think :/ . But even if the Asian fashion market were to continue to prefer European models there will still be more Asian than there were before.

Middle East

I expect more and more models from there by some of the up and comers.

African

I expect African models to remain constant if not have a slight increase.

Obscure European

The European countries not known for producing models in comparisson to their conterparts don't show any sign of an increase at the moment.

Overall Positive -The increasingly more open minded (or liberated to express said openmindedness) culture in general with regards to diversity should likely trickle down to all areas of entertainment. And if anything definitely won't digress.

General Outlook

I see tons of potential. There are some young models who could satisfy high fashion and commercial audiences and some potentially very versatile in general. Though those at the top aren't as commercially visible, the internet has still revolutionized the visibility of the mid to bottom pack model. Models that would have been just that girl from an ad no one knew 10-15 years ago have fmd, supermodels.nl and all kinds of online databases to be seen by more people and more and more people use the web every year...

Crossover Careers

With the increased emphasis on looks in both film and music more than ever before, in some cases acting classes and training in hosting skills are even beginning to be emphasized more and more to girls in modeling schools. With this steadily increasing focus on looks in all entertainment media I wouldn't be surprised to see more former-model actresses and model/actresses than ever before...

:) :ninja:

:hug: @ you guys :hug:

Though health is always a valid concern. I must say the administrators recently outlawed weight discussions as a result of the circus in the Alessandra thread :/ . Though I'm sure this is probably what comes to the mind of most with this subject, so I know it will be difficult, but I guess we'll see where it goes. If it gets to hard I'll just make it a poll :p .

for me I would hope that there will be more variety in the looks and where the models come from. Not just how it has been where there are a ton of brazilians, then belgian, then russian, then dutch ... I really like how there are several girls right now that have strong looks (Emily D, Barbara Palvin, Lais Ribeiro, Hind, Bregje, etc) almost like the old supermodels...Not that it will ever be like that again but it would be nice if not every girl looked the same. I also hope there are more models who can do crossover from fashion to commercial and back like Gisele,Karolina, and Doutzen have done lately. I really loved the castings like at LV and Prada that included some of the VS girls. It would get predictable to do that every time but at least find some new girls that have their own strong individual looks.

Great post :hug: ! I was curious what you would have to say :) . I'm curious to see what Paolla and Dioni will do. Dioni seems to remind some people of Tanya, only somewhat less edgy and can also pull off commercial things. I think she's one of the most versatile young models and Paolla is more of a mixed Asian Brazilian which should set her apart from the majority of current Brazilian models and I think she has great potential for a versatile career. And Carmen Solomons and Annie Beust are two of the most unique up and coming models I think :) .