Bellazon

Accents you like, and accents you don't like

k_dub

I'm not sure if somebody ever brought this up, but since I don't see topics on this, I'll start it. So here I go. I will list an certain accent and tell you if I like it or if I don't. Please don't be offended if I diss an accent from your neck of the woods. I know you can't help it.

English accent: Don't like it. They sound snooty and arrogant, even though I'm sure many English people aren't like that. The Aussies sound similar so I'm not too fond ot their accents either.

Irish accent: Them I like. Not sure why. Probably cause they sound rough. They don't sound as arrogant as the English do. Scots sound rough, too.

Swedish: They sound cool as well. Many people find Swedish accents sexy. I am one of those people.

Russian: Accents are ok. I don't mind them. The people of the former Soviet Union and the Czech republic sound simliar to the Russians.

Spanish: I've don't feel either way. I grew up in Southern California, so I'm used to them.

German accents: Grandmother is German, so I'm used to it. Sometimes I make fun of the way so says some English words, but I'm just kidding!!!

Brazilians: I like them a lot!!! Many of the famous models are Brazilian, and most of them seem down to earth. Plus, it has the sex appeal factor.

Asian accents: I have friends of Japanese, Chinese, and Philipino descent, so I'm use to these accents. However, I like the Chinese accents more so than the others, though I'm not sure why.

If I missed your country, holla at me. My bad. Now, I'm gonna talk about certain U.S. accents:

New York accents: It depends. The accent differs from ethnic group to ethnic group. I like the way the Italians talk. Plus, I love Mafia movies. But the high pitched New York accents, like the one Fran Drescher has, IS FUCKING ANNOYING!!! :yuckky: Lil' Kim has that high-pitched voice, too!!! Most of the Black New Yorkers have cool accents, Especially the ones that come from Brooklyn and Queens. Staten Island is cool as well.

Philly accents: I like the way people talk in Philly. However, I have a hard time understanding them sometimes, cause they tend to run their words together. One of my favorite rappers, Black Thought of the Roots, has that Philly accent.

Midwest accents: I don't like the ones that are too hick, like the one Larry Bird has. I'm not too fond if the St. Louis accents either. I do like the way they talk in Chicago and Cleveland, but mayn, DO THEY TALK FAST!!! :confused: When I listen to Twista, Kanye West, and Bone Thugs and Harmony, azlyrics.com comes in handy!!! They should always include the lyrics with the CD booklet when they release an album. That is the ONLY WAY i CAN UNDERSTAND THEM!!! The people in Detroit are not that bad. They talk cool.

Boston Accent: They can be amusing at times, annoying at other times. They couldn't pronounce an "R" IF THEIR LIVES DEPENDED ON IT!!! :whistle: They tend to sound very nasal, too.

Southern accents: These are the MOST ANNOYING TO ME!!! Them and the English. They drawl their words out. Georgia and Alabama are THE WORST!!! In Alabama, they talk WAY TOO FAST!!! :blink: Georgia they talk TOO SLOW!!! Houston does as well, but for some reason, they don't seem all that bad. Maybe listening to Paul Wall and the Geto Boys helps. Avery Johnson sounds funny, but he probably has the only New Orleans accent that I DO LIKE!!! The rest , UGHHHH!!!

Baltimore accents: I'm used to it. My dad is from there.

California: Yup, we have accents, too. Didn't realize it till I went to San Francisco for college. They also had a feature on it when they discussed accents on 20/20 one time. They say we tend to strectch out our "O"s, like when we say "to" or "go". I also notice, especially for Southern Californians, that we tend to say "dude" A LOT!!! However, my voice can change, often without knowing it. One time, one person thought I was from Brooklyn!!! Even some of my cousins thought I had a NEW YORK ACCENT!!! Some people think I sound like I'M FROM THE SOUTH!!!

Well, there it is. Accents I like, and ones I don't.

English accent: I like the British accent

Irish accent: I live in Ireland,but I find that the accent varies.....overall ..it's alright

Swedish: Annoying

Russian: it's kinda funny

Spanish: hate it

German accents: unpleasant

Brazilians: Alright

Asian accents: annoying

U.S. accents: sometimes cool,sometimes annoying ...and other times it's just stupid.

Aussie: don't like it...sorry :p

Spanish: I've don't feel either way. I grew up in Southern California, so I'm used to them.

the best question i've ever gotten is: do you have a spanish accent? i dont know how about you tell me? if you don't hear one, then guess what? i dont have one. people can be so stupid :cain:

New York accents: It depends. The accent differs from ethnic group to ethnic group. I like the way the Italians talk. Plus, I love Mafia movies. But the high pitched New York accents, like the one Fran Drescher has, IS FUCKING ANNOYING!!! :yuckky: Lil' Kim has that high-pitched voice, too!!! Most of the Black New Yorkers have cool accents, Especially the ones that come from Brooklyn and Queens. Staten Island is cool as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

first of all, there is nothing cool about staten island. as far as new yorkers are concerned, it's not even a borough and if new jersey wanted to snatch it up right now, we wouldnt give a damn. so staten island and cool NEVER belong in the same sentence and if i see that again, i'm going to have to bust out my stick and poke your ass, old school! :laugh: now that we've cleared that up, i'm pretty sure i dont have a very strong new york accent. i cant stand the way i sound for the record, but i say very few words with whats considered a distinctly new york accent. i agree that fran drescher's voice is annoying...she's got a VERY queens accent to put it mildly--very nasally...same with rosie perez who has a heavy spanish accent mixed with a queens accent i believe...the combination, not so good :no:

you know what accent i hate? boston. oh yes, i went there. i hate the city, i hate the red sox and their fans, and i hate their accent. but, many bostonians that i know do NOT have this accent and i've heard that its mostly a south boston thing.

now british accents are interesting. in one of my classes, i have a british professor and there's a student in the class who is also a brit. now the professor sounds fine, very classy and polite sounding but not stuck up. the student, however, sounds like he has a stick up his ass and i can rarely make out what he's saying :| so idk, like anything i guess it depends on the person, the specific area they're coming from, etc.

i'm not one of these people who find accents "hot" though. idk i have a lot of friends who are just in love with certain accents...this is so not me :laugh: i dont hate 'em by any means, i'm just not drooling over anyone with an accent different than my own though.

Mayn, how things change. I remember when the West Coast was running shit in the rap game, Staten Island was getting props for producing the Wu-Tang Clan. Now the Wu-Tang Clan is nowhere to be found, the rappers running shit on the East Coast are doing so by hooking up with Em of Detroit and Dre of L.A., and the hottest rapper and producer is by way of Chicago.

English accent: Don't like it. They sound snooty and arrogant, even though I'm sure many English people aren't like that. The Aussies sound similar so I'm not too fond ot their accents either.

:cry:

aussies sound nothing like britons :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what he said :anger:

I like the British accent, at least the ones that are understandable...too bad not many are :no:

Depends.

American accents are alright if I watch the CNN and stuff.

But, the sensationalist ones used on E! News gets on my nerves.

British is ok too.

But the ones in Harry Potter really sucks.

Both Russian and Czech is ok. They speak softly.

Brazillian accent is rough. I guess it's how the languange is spoken.

People over there talk real fast, real loud.

:cry:

aussies sound nothing like britons :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what he said :anger:

I like the British accent, at least the ones that are understandable...too bad not many are :no:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

even i have trouble with geordies and some scousers. cockney people can be a little challenging to understand. brummies are cool. i am like dialect neutral but sometimes start doing like a midlands accent for some reason.

scottish accent annoys me.

the welsh accent is wicked. i wish that i had a welsh accent!

the australian accent is cool. it sounds really good from women and in men it is hilarious and kinda 'rowdy'-ish, if that makes any sense.

people from NZ sound exactly the same as australians to me which totally confounds me.

personally i don't think that american people recognise the variety within england and the uk as a whole in terms of dialect and that they think that all english people walk around in suits and bowler hats speaking the queen's english . . . as we obviously do ;) .

mind, i equate all australians to Neighbours characters pretty much. Ed you can be Harold :laugh: . Adriana's Llama would possibly be Skye. and Persuazn . . . hmm . . . i dunno, possibly Serena or else Sindy with a bit less of the mad personality and less of the accidents. :) [i don't mean to insult anyone. if you beg to differ then please say] . . . i think that i would prob be Toadie or Connor . . . Neighbours rocks!! :fun:

Oh shit, I forgot a few!!! I like the Italian accent. They sound so a'funny to me!!! :laugh: :rofl: The indians(not to be confused with the Native Americans) also have cool accents. And I love the way CAJUNS TALK!!! The sound so Southern and so French as the SAME TIME!!! :D

Heid, the Brazilians do talk fast and loud, but so do the Italians and people who speak Spanish. Maybe that's the way the so-called "romance" languages are spoken. However, remember, the Brazilians speak Portuguese.

English accent: Depending on the person, can be quite annoying

Irish accent: always reminds me of angelias ashes

Russian: AWESOME! i wanna go to russia and get me one. hahaha! i also wanna meet a russian person and force them to say "in russia, you dont drive car, car drives you!" many many times

German accents: Heil!!!

Brazilians: *wolf whistles*

U.S. accents: kinda like having someone slowly drilling into your skull. I kinda like southern accents tho, Dolly Parton sounds absolutley delightful.

New Zealand: Bahahaha! fush and chups, advertiz-ments. cute.

Hungarian: Okay this was a new discovery for me. You know that chick in that show Green Acres? Or that cat Duchess in Aristocats? or even the girl mouse from the rescuers? yeah that accent. cant get enough of it! sexyest thing on earth.

Wait we got accents :| , although we do say dude alot :laugh:

anyways.

Texas (country speak): well I lived there so i got use to it and I like how they speak (and i spoke that way for a while :blush:)

Southern Belle: (Y) I like there accent, probabaly the best for the US

North East: yuck, there accents suck

------------- International ----------------------------

Latino: Well since I speak like one, I guess I cant say, but its just OK.

Austrailian: Very sexy, but mabye im biased :laugh:

Asian: Just OK

British: I was in england and couldnt understand one word, there accents suck

French: Its ok

German: I like it

Russian: I like

Oh shit, I forgot a few!!! I like the Italian accent. They sound so a'funny to me!!! :laugh:  :rofl: The indians(not to be confused with the Native Americans) also have cool accents. And I love the way CAJUNS TALK!!! The sound so Southern and so French as the SAME TIME!!! :D

Heid, the Brazilians do talk fast and loud, but so do the Italians and people who speak Spanish. Maybe that's the way the so-called "romance" languages are spoken. However, remember, the Brazilians speak Portuguese.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mwahahaha, I have a very cajun accent.

Another thing I don't like about the English is their slang. In America, when we pissed, we are angry. In England, when they are pissed, they are drunk. In America, when we are drunk, we are faded( at least that we say in Cali).