Bellazon

Camille Rowe
Thumbnail

Nefertiti

NEW YORK AND PARIS STYLE: WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE? CAMILLE ROWE SHARES HER TAKE

Posted on  July 15, 2015 by Madewell

post-77457-0-1446022502-64359_thumb.jpg

No one understands the style nuances of a city quite like a native, so who better to bring our Madewell et Sézane collaboration—inspired by New York and Paris—to life than Camille Rowe, a French-born model and something of a dual citizen of both places?

Camille’s been splitting time between the two cities for seven years now and, impressively, can distinguish a New Yorker from a Parisian with just a quick glance. In between wardrobe changes on set, Camille answered a few fill-in-the-blank questions to explain the differences between the two cities. Or, put another way, here’s how to look like a local whichever side of the pond you’re on.

You can always recognize a New York woman by…

The green juice in her hand. And her big sunglasses.

You can always recognize a Parisian woman by…

Her bedhead.

New York girls learn about style from…

Magazines, like Teen Vogue.

Parisian girls learn about style from…

People they admire. In my case, it was my dad. He taught me to appreciate vintage clothing, good classic denim and boots.

post-77457-0-1446022502-68494_thumb.jpg

Every New York woman has…

Sneakers for everyday life and a great big coat for parties.

Every Parisian woman has…

Simple cotton underwear, and red lipstick for fancy nights out.

In New York, women dress for…

Other women.

In Paris, women dress for…

Men.

New York has taught me to…

Wear Birkenstocks and take more style risks.

In Paris, I’d never wear…

Sneakers. It’s such a New York thing, like working out. It’s almost taboo in Paris.

A song that captures the spirit of New York style is…

“She Belongs to Me,” by Bob Dylan.

A song that captures the spirit of Parisian style is…

“Il Est Cinq Heure Paris S’éveille,” by Jacques Dutronc.

One thing I love to wear in both Paris and New York are…

My Madewell denim shorts—high rise, real denim, no stretch.

I dont think this was posted from the madewell blog : http://blog.madewell.com/2015/07/15/new-york-and-paris-style-whats-the-difference-camille-rowe-shares-her-take/

and another interview that i dont think it was posted from the so it goes magazine. Im posting her interview because she is one of the few models that i think dont give boring interviews :p

Where do you currently live? 

Chinatown, NYC

Where are you originally from?  

Ville d’avray, France

What do you do?  

Model and occasional video ho

Any upcoming projects? 

Nothing I can talk about! 

What is your idea of perfect happiness?

The beach, a babe, a board, and a book

What is your greatest fear?

Memory loss

Which historical figure do you most identify with?

Bigfoot

Which living person do you most admire?

My mom

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

Lack of punctuality 

What is the trait you most deplore in others?

Everyone’s loud voices 

What is your greatest extravagance?

First edition books

What is your favorite journey?

Orgasm

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?

Being politically correct 

On what occasion do you lie?

When I play ‘Werewolves and Villagers’ 

What do you dislike the most about your appearance?

My bruised limbs

Which living person do you most despise?

Putin and a couple ex-boyfriends

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

ANGELLLLLL

What is your greatest regret?

Starting to dye my hair

What or who is the greatest love of your life?

Russell Hammond from Almost Famous

When and where were you happiest?

Wherever I am drinking water when I’m thirsty

Which talent would you most like to have?

To draw well

What is your current state of mind?

High on Chinese herbs

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

To stop thinking I’m good at skateboarding when I’m drunk

If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?

That they lived closer

What do you consider your greatest achievement?

Cheering my friends up when they’re sad

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?

A piece of fruit. Any kind. 

What is your most treasured possession?

A signed copy of Henry Miller’s Book of Nightmares

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?

I don’t like thinking about the sad stuff

Where would you like to live?

In a pineapple under the sea

What is your favorite occupation?

Skipping

What is your most marked characteristic?

My snort when I laugh

What is the quality you most like in a man?

All of them! 

What is the quality you most like in a woman?

Passion

What do you most value in your friends?

Loyalty, sense of humor, and an artistic sensibility

Who are your favorite writers?

The Russians

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?

Steve Zizzou

Who are your heroes in real life?

Grandpa Don and Bonnie Parker

What is it that you most dislike?

Squeaky voices

How would you like to die?

Happy

Your favorite painter?

Egon Schiele

Your favorite musician?

Mark Bolan

What is your favorite color?

Blue

What is your favorite flower?

Poppies

What natural gift would you most like to possess?

Time control

What is your present state of mind?

Damn, I’m so high on Chinese herbs I feel like I already answered this question.

What is your motto?

Any Bob Dylan lyric

source: http://soitgoesmag.com/

http://bcove.me/3m3zwz3t video backstage  from  Madame Figaro July 2015  Camille is really cute in the enda ahah  And the interview (i translate it with google translate...I can't speak french :( :)

It marked the spirits femme fatale of Robert Pattinson in the recent campaign for Dior Homme. Yet the identity of his partner amused than impressed more. "When I was recalled for testing, I asked the French director Romain Gavras, for which I had shot a scene in Our day will come to know which star - top secret then - was retained. I was betting on Ryan Gosling. "Lost! But it has gained an international reputation in a thirty-nine minutes.

Camille Rowe embraced modeling career without preconceptions, curious to experience this adventure, in the right wire of its past bohemian childhood in Paris, Los Angeles and Brooklyn, with an American mother, a dancer at the Moulin red, and a French father, restaurateur (Quai Ouest in Boulogne). "Scouted" in 2008 in Paris, at the terrace cafe Philosophers, by Olivier Lafrontière, co-editor of the WM agency Models, Camille was then film student. A first twist in a scenario of life she wants as open as possible. "What I want to do when I grow" larger "changes every week," she announces to 25 years, with already seven year career in modeling, in true "millennial" multiple hats."Sometimes I plan to take the comic started with my best friend in high school, but this time to talk about the world of fashion, now I plan to open a Montessori school in Hawaii or Costa Rica. "

A fortune teller had predicted a future "dedicated to others", but also ensured media notoriety. With Anglo-Norman Countess name, a physics baby doll seventies, a natural look sun blond beach and mischievous sensuality Camille exudes an aura ofgirl next door crossed with a French touchirresistible sophisticated. This large natural gap, logically, seduced luxury brands like Chloe, Cerruti and Louis Vuitton, as well as renowned photographers including Mario Sorrenti, Mario Testino, Paolo Roversi and Inez and Vinoodh. But also more brands effortless  as IKKS (which it is the image of the current campaign), and Rag & Bone Gap. She thanked "mom genes" that allow it to keep the line without starving, just by walking, surfing and with a little Pilates. The only fly in his picture of fashion hunt: his "little" meter sixty-one. Camille can not target the podiums, just the one off  as the show Olympia Le-Tan, in Paris, "because it's a girlfriend."

This surfer that often arises in swimsuit and lingerie for Victoria'sSecret, like Laetitia Casta and Noémie Lenoir before it, and sweeps the rumors that she might scroll through the Angels this year: "Next to Karlie Kloss, I'd look ridiculous! "Unable to surprise the new it girl in flagrante delicto taken seriously. She is amused by its ranking in tenth place - ahead of Nicolas Ghesquière and just behind Jean Tirole, Nobel Prize in Economics - the fifty most influential French in the world by Vanity Fair  French! She spends a lot of time in Los Angeles "to see family and friends," but also dreams of being able to land in his apartment in New York recently purchased. The adventurer, a bit tired of being always between two planes, she assagirait? "Actually, I love to prepare dinners at home and playing board games. "After designing a capsule collection for Reformation in 2014, Camille considering a branded jerseys as pretty as" surf-friendly. " "The idea of the week! "Concludes cracking free electron.

Her summer:

Its resorts. "Seaside at all costs! In Malibu, surfing early August. And in Corsica, Cateri between L'Île-Rousse and Calvi, to see my parents. "In his suitcase." A combination for surfing, vintage t-shirts, suits and silk nighties, style 1930 for Corsica. "In hisiPod." Goon, the first album from Tobias Jesso Jr., The Band, The Temptations and Fleetwood Mac. "His readings."Steppenwolf, Hermann Hesse, and the beautiful biography Gainsbourg signed Gilles Verlant. "

source : http://madame.lefigaro.fr/style/sea-sun-un-ete-boheme-avec-camille-rowe-240715-97574