Bellazon

French Movies

Baby

The Count of Monte Cristo (1998)

The Count of Monte Cristo (aka Le Comte de Monte Cristo) is a French miniseries of 4 episodes based on the 1844 novel The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas père for the french channel TF1.

Plot

Edmond Dantès is falsely accused and sentenced to spend the rest of his life in the notorious island prison, Chateau d'If. While imprisoned, he meets Abbé Faria, a fellow prisoner whom everyone believes to be mad. Abbé tells Edmond of a fantastic treasure hidden away on a tiny island, that only he knows the location of. After many years in prison, the old Abbé dies, and Edmond escapes disguised as the dead body to find the treasure Abbé told him of, so he can use the new-found wealth to exact revenge on those who have wronged him.

Cast

Gérard Depardieu as Edmond Dantès

Ornella Muti as Mercedès Iguanada

Jean Rochefort as Fernand Mondego

Pierre Arditi as Villefort

Georges Moustaki as Abbé Faria

Guillaume Depardieu as young Edmond

Naike Rivelli as young Mercedès

Julie Depardieu as Valentine de Villefort

episode 1 :

1/9

2/9

3/9

4/9

5/9

6/9

7/9

8/9

9/9

oh, i think my aunt has worked on this movie but i'm not sure.

Maybe I should come up with a screenplay!

yes please :p

Le Mangeur de Lune (1993)

by Dai Sijie

post-31230-0-1446025399-80744_thumb.jpg

post-31230-0-1446025399-86329_thumb.jpg

Marcel, whose only pleasure is to play the scarecrow in the middle of the fiels to attract some birds, leaves his family farm the day before his mother marries the village's undertaker.

In a little circus directed by his seven brothers, Popov, a black Russian -meaning a Russian of African origin-, acts as the jack-of-all-trades. It is him, the most simple-minded, who cleans up the cages, feeds the animals and gets rid pf all the dirty business. The night of the last performance in Paris, Popov hunts after an escaped eagle, misses the circus' departure to Italy and is compelled to cross France to join his brothers in Venice

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:wave:

historical movie part 3

Le Hussard sur le toit (The Horseman on the Roof)

post-8181-0-1446025381-88604_thumb.jpg

trailer (in english)

Camille Claudel

post-8181-0-1446025381-95598_thumb.jpg

Teaser:

Une affaire de femmes

post-8181-0-1446025381-97509_thumb.jpg

(the last part in french)

La fille de d'artagnan

post-8181-0-1446025382-00466_thumb.jpg

trailer (in french)

Les enfants du siecle

post-8181-0-1446025382-01406_thumb.jpg

trailer (in english)

L'histoire d'Adele H

post-8181-0-1446025382-07349_thumb.jpg

teaser in english

Les femmes de l'ombre (Female agents)

post-8181-0-1446025382-13854_thumb.jpg

trailer (in english)

lol frederick, you're such a sweetheart!

oh lord, lisa. i always loved this kind of movies but i rarely watch them... i saw Marquise there is long time ago... i think i was child; so i don't really remember if the movie was good... and my tastes have changed too...

yesterday, i discovered there was a movie about Alexandre Dumas.

i looked for my aunt's filmography (of course, i didn't find...) but i saw that the last year she worked with Gerard Depardieu on the french movie "L'autre Dumas" (the other Dumas). i'm a bit surprise because i'm a big fan of Alexandre Dumas and i didn't know there was a movie about him... :ninja:

February 1848. Alexandre Dumas (Gérard Depardieu) is at the height of his fame. He has withdrawn for a few days into the immense Château de Monte-Cristo near Le Port-Marly, that he is building. There he works with his collaborator, Auguste Maquet, (Beno”t Poelvoorde). If the books bear Dumas' name, the tiring work undertaken by Maquet is colossal. Nevertheless, for ten years, Maquet has remained in the great man's shadow and never challenged his supremacy. When a quarrel breaks out between the two men a crucial question presents itself: what is the exact part each man has in the work's success. Who is the father of d'Artagnan, and of Monte Cristo? In short, who is really the author? Their relationship, so peaceful until this point is placed in doubt and topples over into confrontation. And not far away, in Paris, a revolution is building which will seal the fate of another relationship - that of Louis-Philippe , with the people of France.

in same time, it's logic to find gerard depardieu in this movie...

at first, he is enough "similar" to dumas and he often play in this kind of movies... include the count of monte christo and the the man in the iron mask (he played Portos). when my aunt meet him for the first time, they made this movie. at this moment, she worked for Dicaprio. just before he made the movie Titanic so he as harassed/stalked all the time by fans, and apparently, he wasn't very happy of this situation but my aunt laugh a lot because of his fans. it was a bit like the guy ion twillight, robert something. and between the two, the worked for De Niro (she even be "killed" in one of his movies XD she played a girl who make ice skating and she shooted by a gun i think... XD but i never see the movie) and since more than 10 years, she works with Depardieu.

i'm pretty sure she worked for the mini serie "Les Miserables"

have you ever see this serie ?

sorry, i don't find an english trailer.

i watched La fille de d'Artagnan there are really long time ago too... but i don't remmeber the movie.

the last month i tried to find the movie and i didn't :/

i try to find Milady too but same thing. (it another version of the 3 musketeers but the story turn around Milady caractere)

thanks lisa!i love historical movies!(ah,just to clarify,i didn`t vote 3 for isabelle photo in the "rate the picture above",i was voting for the previous picture. :fun: and thanks so much for the hq pic of hers,it`s so hard to find good photos of that film! :bounce::flower:

post-34682-0-1446025383-33551_thumb.jpg

post-34682-0-1446025383-36411_thumb.jpg

post-34682-0-1446025383-41484_thumb.jpg

post-34682-0-1446025383-43584_thumb.jpg

post-34682-0-1446025383-47159_thumb.jpg