Bellazon

Dream Theater appreciation thread

Monkey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I for one think that at times they do get a little wanky, but "lifeless" doesn't seem to fit very well. In my opinion, their music has no lack of energy. A lot of people deem anything less than a blues man screaming about his woman leaving him "sterile." But the fact is, there are other emotions in this world -- anger, happiness, etc.

Dream Theater do their own thing. You just have to find the feeling, it's not handed to you on a silver platter.

talented musicians, wanky, lifeless music.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

talnted musicians, wanky, expressionless and uncharasmatic music....

there, i think that's what i meant.

If you like Dream theater for the technicality and stuff, but want something alot heavier, listen to Dillinger Escape Plan.

Hmm... is that "Falling Into Infinity"? I haven't heard that album yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's generally believed to be an average album, containing more, as if, delicate music. I don't know, I mean I haven't heard it myself, but the sources say so :p

Rateyourmusic.com usually has some insightful reviews, plus you can view what other music the people listen to, so you can get an idea if you're likely to share their opinion. I'll have to see what they've said about it over there.

I'd really like to get a copy of "A Change Of Seasons," if only for the Led Zeppelin covers, although I've heard the original DT songs on that album are among their best.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't imagine Ozzy's Live At Budokan being any good. Sure, Zakk Wylde and the others are awesome, but Ozzy is completely incoherent. I watched him sing with both his solo band and Black Sabbath last night on the UK Music Hall of Fame introduction ceremony on VH1, and he sounded terrible.

I can't imagine Ozzy's Live At Budokan being any good. Sure, Zakk Wylde and the others are awesome, but Ozzy is completely incoherent. I watched him sing with both his solo band and Black Sabbath last night on the UK Music Hall of Fame introduction ceremony on VH1, and he sounded terrible.

Nah, Ozzy really looks quite creepy there. To make things worse, the editing is not too good (looks pretty chaotic to me), and for example when Zakk is playing a solo, the camera shows everything but him.

I like the CD a lot more.

Back on topic... What's their worst song? I think it's got to be Dance Of Eternity. Incredible in terms of technical complexity, but musically it's just a huge yawn-fest to me.

Edited by Qball