Bellazon

Nastassia Lindes
Thumbnail

Nefertiti

e60966504332581.jpg 41e0b2512229616.jpg ca8e1a512229617.jpg 5ad9d1512229620.jpg 015e4d512229629.jpg c87766512229637.jpg

Model Staz Lindes on the Black Kajal Liner Behind Her Rock Star Eye Makeup Technique
September 12, 2016 3:35 pm by Mackenzie Wagoner

source

The beauty moments at Jeremy Scott are always more-is-more—breaking the seasonal monotony of air-dried waves and no-makeup makeup with looks that are outlandish, synthetic, and always colorful. Today, for Spring 2017, that meant asymmetrical mop-top wigs in shades of bleach blonde, honey brown, candy-apple red, and jet black, and airbrushed-looking smokey eyes in shimmering gem tones, which made the heavy-hitting cast (Hailey Baldwin, Chanel Iman, Elsa Hosk) cartoonishly unrecognizable. But one model seemed surprisingly at ease with her full-tilt makeover. Peeking out from behind electric purple eyeshadow, Staz Lindes looked as though she might have put it on herself. “I feel like I wore this exact eye shadow in middle school,” said the Los Angeles–based model, who is no stranger to a fearless beauty look. “I’ve always played with makeup. I tried on my mom’s lipstick when I was eight and just loved it.”
These days, the Paranoyds singer draws beauty inspiration from iconic performers Siouxsie Sioux, Exene Cervenka, even Divine. “I like doing the big to-the-brow shadow and a cat eye over it,” she says of her penchant for wearing bold bolts of green, orange, or purple pigment on her lids, then rimming her lashes in YSL Couture Kajal Eye Pencil. “It’s a black crayon that’s just really thick and easy to [use to] follow the shape of your eye. Sometimes I’ll make the wing meet the end of my eyebrow. It’s extreme but it’s cool.”

So cool, in fact, that her entire band has joined her in wearing the look. The secret to pulling it off is all in the attitude, says Lindes. “If it’s a gimmick to you and you feel uncomfortable, then it is [a gimmick]. But if you like it then it’s not. What also keeps it from being costume-y is that I don’t contour. It’s literally just an eye and the lip.”

Not that she avoids face makeup altogether: Lindes has an occasional weakness for blush. “I wouldn’t do a bronzer. I’d do a straight-up pink Japanese baby-doll style so it’s obvious. I [don’t want] to prove I have cheekbones; it’s more an exaggeration.” Sometimes, more really is more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...