Bellazon

Nastassia Lindes
Thumbnail

Nefertiti

She's in Neil Halstead's new video by Hilary Walsh. WATCH IT HERE

Neil Halstead: Hey Daydreamer

The Singer’s Latest Video Casts New Face Nastassia Lindes As a Venice Beach Lolita

In a lo-fi sun-kissed ode to LA, model-musician Nastassia “Staz” Lindes lazes around her Silver Lake apartment before skipping along Venice canals to the beach for cult musician Neil Halstead’s "Hey Daydreamer." Taken from the former Slowdive and Mojave 3 frontman’s third solo album, Palindrome Hunches, released on Jack Johnson’s Brushfire label earlier this week, the track taps into escapist fantasies. “It’s about chasing rainbows, but not really chasing them, just dreaming, dreaming about chasing them,” says the Cornwall-based British singer-songwriter. Lindes’s young-Gina Davis looks and natural energy led San Francisco-born director Hilary Walsh to shoot the video as a day in the life of the LA It girl. “I was trying to capture the mood of a loving home video,” says Walsh, whose photographs have appeared in Vogue, Interview and GQ. “My mother and father used to make lots of them when they were first married, and they always seemed so goofy and happy.” Also a muse for the new Urban Outfitters campaigns and for Terry Richardson in the latest issue of Purple, Lindes conjures her dream scenarios for us.

What do you daydream about?

Pizza and making out with my crush.

What’s the best dream you’ve ever had?

Being back in LA with my crush.

Describe a day in your life in LA.

Sunbathing by the pool, BBQ veggie hotdogs and beer, and good live music.

Do you have any recurring nightmares?

Being stuck in NYC.

Who’s your dream date?

Kurt Cobain. We’d go shopping for guitars before a Nirvana show.

What’s your favorite song to sing?

The song I wrote called “Just Passing By.”

What are your top five songs today?

“Don’t Worry Baby” and “Wouldn’t It Be Nice” by The Beach Boys; “All I Could Do Was Cry” by Etta James; “I Don’t Mind” by James Brown and The Famous Flames; and “There’s No Other Like My Baby” by The Crystals.

What was it like shooting with Terry Richardson for the new Purple?

It’s been a dream of mine to work with Terry, he’s so cool… we listened to Circle Jerks and bonded about LA.