Bellazon

Great, our president says 'God' talks to him...

maddog107

LONDON (AFP) - US

President George W. Bush allegedly said God told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, a new BBC documentary will reveal, according to details.

Bush made the claim when he met Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas and then foreign minister Nabil Shaath in June 2003, the ministers told the documentary series to be broadcast in Britain later this month.

The US leader also told them he had been ordered by God to create a Palestinian state, the ministers said.

Shaath, now the Palestinian information minister, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God.

'God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan'.'

"And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq...' And I did.

"'And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God I'm gonna do it'," said Shaath.

Abbas, who was also at the meeting in the Egyptian resort of Sharm al-Sheikh, recalled how the president told him: "I have a moral and religious obligation.

"So I will get you a Palestinian state."

A BBC spokesman said the content of the programme had been put to the White House but it had refused to comment on a private conversation.

The three-part series, "Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs", charts the attempts to bring peace to the Middle East, from former US president Bill Clinton's peace talks in 1999-2000 to Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza strip.

The programme speaks to presidents and prime ministers, their generals and ministers, about what happened behind closed doors as the peace talks failed and the intifada grew.

The series is due to be screened in Britain on October 10, 17 and 24.

Link Here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051006/ts_al...aq_051006214432

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great, not only is our president an idiot but he is following orders made by voices in his head <_<

well if u read the bible, it does say we should spit on them or something. ill find it if everyone argues with me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you mean by spit on them?

I can't find that quote.

However, I find something else.

Romans 13:1

"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore he who resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment."

Alternate version

Rom.13:1-2

"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil"

In Bush we trust. Amen.

well if u read the bible, it does say we should spit on them or something. ill find it if everyone argues with me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spit on the voices in Bush's head? That's weird.

At least this proves it's not a religious war. That god guy wouldn't ask someone to fight against his own followers. I mean, no group of people have worshipped him in recent years as strongly as the Taleban movement. No way he would ask anyone to fight the Talebans

"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil"

In Bush we trust. Amen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love that verse. :angel:

In Bush we trust. Amen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you don't mind living under tyranny?

In Bush we trust. Amen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you don't mind living under tyranny?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This text assumes the rulers are good and good to the people and it is a warning to people for doing evil against them. Sounds right to me. If the rulers are not good then we overthrow them, right?