Bellazon

Janice Dickinson
Thumbnail

supermodelKK

just because gia is dead and janice is still alive doesnt mean that gia wasnt the world's first supermodel...

macha persona

Gia wasn't a 'supermodel' ...in fact her death passed without hardly any notice from anyone back in 1986. It was only when 'a thing of beauty' was published years after she died that she became really famous. She was very well known only if you read the international fashion magazines like Vogue etc, (IE: not a gigantic percentage of the population) but she was never a household name like Christie Brinkley, Jerry Hall, and Brooke Shields were at the time, even when she graced the cover of Vogue. I remember back then because I was reading all the magazines at the time Gia was actually around and remember her well. She was a very successful fashion editorial model and worked with all the greats, but she was never a household name. Neither was Janice for that matter... They weren't that well known outside of the fashion community and its worshipers.

• 1 month later...

^ Gia was without a doubt a supermodel. Gia dominated the fashion world for about two years ( she shot to the top and then fell quickly due to her personal life), and there is no doubt that she was super. The term supermodel being used to define a model who is a household name only started in the late 80s and early 90s. Gia was the first supermodel, but that doesn't make her " better" than any of the rest of them ( although IMO she's the best.)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My scan

post-16241-1221659072_thumb.jpg

She was so beautiful when she was young and without all those surgeries... she's another person..

I guess there's no coming back after plastic surgery ... and after certain number of surgeries ... you look like someone else :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...