Janice Dickinson

AKA Janice Doreen Dickinson

Born: 17-Feb-1953

Birthplace: Brooklyn, NY

Ethnicity: White

Sexual orientation: Bisexual

Level of fame: Somewhat

Executive summary: 1970s supermodel

Janice Dickinson was one of the brashest, wildest supermodels ever. As the child of a violent, pedophiliac father and a pill-popping mother, she grew up hearing her father's "You'll never amount to nothing!"

Determined to become a raging success, Dickinson went to New York City and began calling modeling agencies. It was the 1970s, and the ideal models were blond "girls next door" like Cheryl Tiegs, but Dickinson was a self described "Polish-mutt niggerlips." She was turned down by Eileen Ford -- "Those lips!" -- but ended up going to Paris after Lorraine Bracco told her photographer boyfriend that she liked Dickinson's look.

She became a huge success in Europe, and returned to New York City in 1978. It was the era of Studio 54 and Dickinson partied with the likes of Truman Capote, Andy Warhol, and John Belushi. She seduced the most famous ladies' men, drank every drink and snorted or inhaled every drug. While foggy headed, she fell off a catwalk and onto Sophia Loren. Dickinson took revenge on Ford by signing with her agency and then jumping ship to Elite when she became established in the US. On her way out the door, she reportedly told Ford, "It's me, big-lipped Janice. I'm going to Elite. I don't like you, I've never liked you."

Her lengthy list of purported sexual conquests includes Prince Albert II, Warren Beatty, John Cusack, Mick Jagger, Grace Jones, John F. Kennedy, Jr., Kelly LeBrock, Jon Lovitz, Dolph Lundgren, Liam Neeson, Jack Nicholson, Bruce Willis, and Frank Zappa.

She wrote No Lifeguard on Duty: The Accidental Life of the World's First Supermodel, her 2002 autobiography that really names names.

My father was a tall, slim, handsome man with a thick head of silver hair, buzzed flat, and gunmetal gray eyes. People liked Ray. He had an easy smile. A pleasant laugh. He was a good storyteller, a good listener, popular with the neighbors.

But I didn't often see that easy smile. Or hear that pleasant laugh. I saw, instead, the way his eyes changed color when he got angry, the whites glowing red. Or the way he balled up his big, freckled fists when he came after me, like a bull in heat. I hated him. I hated his eyes; his hair; that acrid breath; the wife-beater, Fruit of the Loom T-shirts. I hated him with every fiber of my being.

I hated my mother, too; hated her because she was numbed into oblivion with the pills she'd been prescribed for an old back injury. She would come home at the end of the day, floating, and she stayed aloft with the help of those lovely pills. She would glide through the house on a cushion of air, in slow motion, unaware, unseeing, her voice soft, her mind elsewhere, always smiling this benign Hare Krishna smile -- like she was At One With God or something; which she was, I guess, at least chemically.

After the end of her marriage to Ninja Turtle producer Simon Fields, Dickinson celebrated, and nine months later had a daughter named Savannah. She was quoted as saying "In the week I conceived, I had made love with five different men." Savannah was the subject of a fierce paternity battle with Sylvester Stallone. He accepted that he was the father until he saw Savannah's coloring, and DNA testing proved that he was not the father.

Her date of birth is variously listed as 1953 or 1955.

Dickinson is now clean and sober. She is a judge on America's Next Top Model, and a participant on The Surreal Life.

Father: Ray Dickinson (career Navy)

Mother: Jennie Marie Pietrzykoski Dickinson (nurse)

Sister: Alexis Dickinson (real estate agent)

Sister: Debbie Dickinson (model)

Husband: Simon Fields (producer, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, m. 1992, div. 1993)

Son: Nathan Dickinson (b. 1992, with Fields)

Boyfriend: Michael Birnbaum (producer, The Big White)

Daughter: Savannah (b. 23-Sep-1993, with Birnbaum)

Husband: Ron Levy (musician, divorced)

Husband: Albert Gerston (divorced)

p.s. i dont rember the website where i got it from

post-1975-1128622003_thumb.jpg

post-1975-1128622023_thumb.jpg

I disagree when she says she was the 'World's first Supermodel' (that title goes to Gia Carangi in my opinion), but I think Janice is cool. Especially when she was a judge on America's Next Top Model...

A lot of personality. and very pretty smile and hair. And hmm...I never would have guessed she was bisexual, that's cool. :D

Personally I think she was annoying on America's Next Topmodel. Every single episode it was mentioned (whether by her or someone else) that she's the world's first topmodel. At first I was like: wow cool. In the end I was like: is that all?

Looking at the pictures of when she was young, I can certainly see why she was a topmodel. I think she should be at peace with the fact she's growing older and stop trying to be what she isn't anymore. Older women can still look stunning, and Janice could've been one of those, but instead she's another example of celebrities desperately trying to find the fountain of youth in plastic surgery. Hope she quits soon, or else we'll have a second Elizabeth Taylor walking around.

Personally I think she was annoying on America's Next Topmodel. Every single episode it was mentioned (whether by her or someone else) that she's the world's first topmodel. At first I was like: wow cool. In the end I was like: is that all?

Looking at the pictures of when she was young, I can certainly see why she was a topmodel. I think she should be at peace with the fact she's growing older and stop trying to be what she isn't anymore. Older women can still look stunning, and Janice could've been one of those, but instead she's another example of celebrities desperately trying to find the fountain of youth in plastic surgery. Hope she quits soon, or else we'll have a second Elizabeth Taylor walking around.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

like from my point of view she treats those girls (models) they way they will be treated in the fashion industry. she went through that and she knows what she is stalking about.

i think Tyra is the one who is fulling everyone

in one of the episods she was eling at the girl, it was like she was their mother or something.We all read about it in book and newspaper,etc . thet in the fashion industry there is no moms and dads there is only you who is faghting for the place of amerikas next top model, i also think that tyra is the one who is unfair of picking the top model. becouse in one of the seasons there was a girl which one should of been a top model and they pict the fat one

I disagree when she says she was the 'World's first Supermodel' (that title goes to Gia Carangi in my opinion), but I think Janice is cool.  Especially when she was a judge on America's Next Top Model...

A lot of personality.  and very pretty smile and hair.  And hmm...I never would have guessed she was bisexual, that's cool. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yu know i dont what to offend you or anything maybe Gia Carangi is a worlds first super model , but she is not here and she was modeling at the same time Janice Dikinson was modeling Gia is not here and that makes janice a worlds first super model

We can debate about them as long as we live but we cant becouse one of them is not here sadly ( i have seen a movie Gia with Angelina Jolie and i plabing on bueng it i agree she was a good model

Janice dickinson is the one that is alive today and she caries that title First supermodel