Bellazon

Romee Strijd
Thumbnail

Ophelia_Immortal

I’m really happy for these two. They seem to be the real deal. And given the story she outlined its a really heart warming ending. I’ve always enjoyed he social media posts when she interacts with her young niece. At least I’m guessing it’s her niece. 

However, i feel like the happy pregnancy news is really overshadowing how fucked up her story was and the pressure some if not all of these girls feel. 

On 5/29/2020 at 12:46 AM, MV007 said:

I’m really happy for these two. They seem to be the real deal. And given the story she outlined its a really heart warming ending. I’ve always enjoyed he social media posts when she interacts with her young niece. At least I’m guessing it’s her niece. 

However, i feel like the happy pregnancy news is really overshadowing how fucked up her story was and the pressure some if not all of these girls feel. 

I wondered if that little girl was her niece too. I looked at the IG of the other pregnant lady in the picture above (I think it's her sister, that's my guess), and that little girl is her daughter. 

Good for them! I personally don't want kids, but I am extrememly happy for them!!! Especially after reading her story. I've been wondering if and when they were going to have kids. they seemed to have it all together and it be the right time, so yay for them! 

1 hour ago, bump said:

I wondered if that little girl was her niece too. I looked at the IG of the other pregnant lady in the picture above (I think it's her sister, that's my guess), and that little girl is her daughter.

If I'm not wrog, the other girl who is pregnant is Laurens' sister, and the little blonde girl is her daughter. And there is another kid, a boy with dark hair if I'm not mistaken, that I think also is Laurens nephew.

i'm glad that she is feeling happy and healthy...
but the fact that she didn't have her period for 6 years shocks me...
i can't even imagine what her body went through

when she said that she had a friend in the same situation...
i can only imagine how many models must be in this kind of situation...

21 hours ago, canirove said:

If I'm not wrog, the other girl who is pregnant is Laurens' sister, and the little blonde girl is her daughter. And there is another kid, a boy with dark hair if I'm not mistaken, that I think also is Laurens nephew.

Ok, thank you. Those pictures of Romee with the little blonde girl were really cute!

I wonder if Romee will come back to VS after she has the baby? I'll be sad to see her go if she does leave because she has had some awesome VS pictures and they seem to really like her, but I bet she slows down on her work if she doesn't stop VS completely. She's one of the few good Angels left. 

On 5/30/2020 at 2:38 AM, Gpoop said:

Hope she has a speedy recovery. That body will never look the same. Look at Candice. :/

Why would she have to look the same after giving birth? I think both her and the baby being healthy is what matters most. Having a safe delivery, feeling good during and after her pregnancy - regardless of what she looks like - is way more important than her body not “looking the same”.

3 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

Why would she have to look the same after giving birth? I think both her and the baby being healthy is what matters most. Having a safe delivery, feeling good during and after her pregnancy - regardless of what she looks like - is way more important than her body not “looking the same”.

Because clearly women and their bodies are a commodity for men to consume. /s 

The fact the Romee alluded to her intense training, diet and weight contributed to her struggles with infertility, and then to say "boohoo she's not gonna look the same" is so gross.   

Congratulations to them. Fertility issues are such a painful journey to go through, and I love that she's speaking out about it. They're so much more common than people think(10% of women have PCOS), but it's been painted as a taboo or a failure for women who struggle to conceive. I'm glad she's so open about it. 

She looks incredibly happy and healthy. Very happy for her and wishing the family well. I look forward to her returning to work, if that's what she chooses to do. Many many of the top models have made the transition to working motherhood. Look at the VS Angels over the years, just to name a few--Gisele, Heidi, Adriana, Alessandra, Candice, Miranda, Lily, Doutzen, and there are tons more. I love Romee's work, and wish her nothing but the best whatever she chooses.