Bellazon

Emily Ratajkowski
Thumbnail

On 8/6/2022 at 11:02 AM, YouNoMe said:

Balance is good. But sometimes, balance can be hard to find. The way I internalise her messages is women are often pigeon held and they can not fully express themselves how they wish without being unjustifiably branded. Now, how much is too much is unmistakably subjective. 

I love her style. 

927be4604672fcfbc4c5d12c76852c78.thumb.jpg.eb23cb6e81870afe552a6a73469783c6.jpgd4fabaf18a5e14b8a606cfeab6143e1a.thumb.jpg.6da94399ebd1dc684bcc143fd42925d1.jpg257b2c0253ec0d8f7498ee6e5d9506ae.thumb.jpg.75833680fbacc79771eb03253913821b.jpgf760c28038ea17eba93e3bc72da164b7.thumb.jpg.60e30c43b33f4eb3673e468402c78d1f.jpgbbc7a85d1bb21271c1077b1e25c78175.thumb.jpg.f581c093dfc4d180ea7ed3dd2617decf.jpg6cc9783437989526166ee3673ec88265.thumb.jpg.b9c484ffa7aed88c50ce62e9b0c84ea5.jpg

Just My Opinion. 

I totally agree that balance is hard to find, very hard.  And I'm not a woman, so I don't know what it's like from their perspective at all.  I just believe that until we can get "real" about the biological needs and drives and both sides, the conversation is going to be very immature and continue to degrade and hurt our society at large.

Emily is an incredibly beautiful woman with a unique sex appeal. And she knows how she affects men. She totally uses her assets and I think that's totally fine. That's the only reason why Emily is famous and obviously she feels very comfortable presenting us her perfect body in such a sexy way.

31C2A96E-202B-422A-B48B-A1E37EB9585F.jpeg

@Bloodshot The biological need? Hmmm, the biological need, I've never considered that. My feminine journey has surely been riddled with well-pronounced hills and valleys. The uncertainty of not knowing what move to make, moves that would lead to acceptance, of course, was certainly my struggle. Whilst I understand quite well that I can not speak for the entire feminist movement or define what femininity should mean to the masses, I suppose I could speak on my experiences and how I believe they correlate with a). how I interpret Emily's advice, and, b). how I could effectively apply that advice to my journey if found relatable. 

Like most women, I want to feel desirable, I want to be influential for the generations behind me, and I want to be in the running. This need for approval is said to be beseeched by both sexes and with that search many trials are explored and executed. A portion of my adventure included a series of wardrobe changes strictly based on the overall reaction of my surroundings. There seems to be this film, this pollution in the airwaves that standardises what the benchmark of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness should be, and those preconceptions inevitably affect society. I watched a clip of an interview with Emily and she spoke about underestimating what feminism meant and what the criteria arose to be to properly acquire feats within this happening. She would later say, after pursuing that endeavour she became stunned 😧 by the insurmountable complexities that were, in part self-expression, and in another part, the effects of self-expression upon the progression of this movement (I've paraphrased). The task is not easy in many elements, and with that confession of misinterpretation of how it's done, resonated with me. And that's why I hail her undertakings in comprising a book that is testimonial, even if I don't agree with every single aspect of it. 

Thanks for the Response! 

I have a copy of her book but haven't read it.  However I have read the amazon reviews, hah.

The reviews indicate that it's about her views on her identity.  Critics say that the book is self-indulgent and narcissistic.  

But I can kind of understand how someone who is extremely good looking and makes millions with very little work can have a 'warped' mindset vs. ordinary people who have to work the fields... 

Basically, she's someone who was groomed to use her beauty to maximum leverage (like her beautiful mother) for wealth and status.  The book is a personal accounting of the consequence of her choosing this path and her deep, existential dissatisfaction with her life.  She has the money, could date really wealthy men for years, lives in the city, but feels empty/like an elite prostitute.