Bellazon

Emily Ratajkowski
Thumbnail

1 hour ago, AnnKos said:

She looks better without makeup on her face. 

Yeah, she does! Have you read her book? (I haven't by the way, but I want to). What she says is sooooo true about women and our constant struggle for respectable places in society. I hadn't known and then when first introduced, hadn't fully accepted the puckish behaviours of Robin Thicke, but now... I was scanning through an article called, Selfies Gone Wrong and promptly saw a picture of Mr. Thicke rushing his hand up some women's skirt. 😮😵😳. Gee whiz. 

Anyway, being a woman certainly carries its weight, and that weight can be burdensome when interacting with the wrong crowd. The polarising and very scathing categories: submissive or slutty or passive or aggressive, doesn't capture the essence of any human, certainly not women. Ppl are a mix, a conglomerate of many traits. I'm glad she wrote her book, especially being a rather young woman herself. 

2 hours ago, YouNoMe said:

Yeah, she does! Have you read her book? (I haven't by the way, but I want to). What she says is sooooo true about women and our constant struggle for respectable places in society. I hadn't known and then when first introduced, hadn't fully accepted the puckish behaviours of Robin Thicke, but now... I was scanning through an article called, Selfies Gone Wrong and promptly saw a picture of Mr. Thicke rushing his hand up some women's skirt. 😮😵😳. Gee whiz. 

Anyway, being a woman certainly carries its weight, and that weight can be burdensome when interacting with the wrong crowd. The polarising and very scathing categories: submissive or slutty or passive or aggressive, doesn't capture the essence of any human, certainly not women. Ppl are a mix, a conglomerate of many traits. I'm glad she wrote her book, especially being a rather young woman herself. 

I saw the demo version of her book. I have dualistic feelings about: on one side she's right - model's life isn't that glamourious as we see. The business is actually awful and objectification of women is rough. But she continues making money by self objectification. She complains about it but still does it. Not gonna say woman should remove her sex appeal to be perceived seriously but she does it too much. Sex sells and she's gonna milk it dry. She needs to find the balance or future will be not good. 

41 minutes ago, AnnKos said:

I saw the demo version of her book. I have dualistic feelings about: on one side she's right - model's life isn't that glamourious as we see. The business is actually awful and objectification of women is rough. But she continues making money by self objectification. She complains about it but still does it. Not gonna say woman should remove her sex appeal to be perceived seriously but she does it too much. Sex sells and she's gonna milk it dry. She needs to find the balance or future will be not good. 

Our society is completely screwed up over this stuff right now.  There is obviously some awful behavior by some men, but it's not most men, and that behavior isn't acceptable to most people.  But, and big but, humans are biological creatures with wants and needs, including sexually.  Like all other creatures, at a certain point we have a "need" to want to procreate, thus sexuality.  To pretend that men shouldn't sexualize women and vice-versa is ridiculous and ignores biology, we just need to get to a point where we separate unacceptable behavior from normal sexuality again.

5 minutes ago, Bloodshot said:

Our society is completely screwed up over this stuff right now.  There is obviously some awful behavior by some men, but it's not most men, and that behavior isn't acceptable to most people.  But, and big but, humans are biological creatures with wants and needs, including sexually.  Like all other creatures, at a certain point we have a "need" to want to procreate, thus sexuality.  To pretend that men shouldn't sexualize women and vice-versa is ridiculous and ignores biology, we just need to get to a point where we separate unacceptable behavior from normal sexuality again.

Objectification is not about normal sexuality. She shouldn't turn to complete nun, she should quit overexposure of herself. Or quit complaining about being sexualised. Sex symbols have bad endings when they continue exploit sex appeal too much. 

13 minutes ago, AnnKos said:

Objectification is not about normal sexuality. She shouldn't turn to complete nun, she should quit overexposure of herself. Or quit complaining about being sexualised. Sex symbols have bad endings when they continue exploit sex appeal too much. 

Actually yes it is, both men and women objectify each other, it's called attraction!  Your response is exactly what's wrong right now, people can't separate normal sexuality from predatory behavior.

Balance is good. But sometimes, balance can be hard to find. The way I internalise her messages is women are often pigeon held and they can not fully express themselves how they wish without being unjustifiably branded. Now, how much is too much is unmistakably subjective. 

I love her style. 

927be4604672fcfbc4c5d12c76852c78.thumb.jpg.eb23cb6e81870afe552a6a73469783c6.jpgd4fabaf18a5e14b8a606cfeab6143e1a.thumb.jpg.6da94399ebd1dc684bcc143fd42925d1.jpg257b2c0253ec0d8f7498ee6e5d9506ae.thumb.jpg.75833680fbacc79771eb03253913821b.jpgf760c28038ea17eba93e3bc72da164b7.thumb.jpg.60e30c43b33f4eb3673e468402c78d1f.jpgbbc7a85d1bb21271c1077b1e25c78175.thumb.jpg.f581c093dfc4d180ea7ed3dd2617decf.jpg6cc9783437989526166ee3673ec88265.thumb.jpg.b9c484ffa7aed88c50ce62e9b0c84ea5.jpg

Just My Opinion. 

1 hour ago, Bloodshot said:

Actually yes it is, both men and women objectify each other, it's called attraction!  Your response is exactly what's wrong right now, people can't separate normal sexuality from predatory behavior.

LOOOOOOOL:rofl: