Bellazon

Emily Ratajkowski
Thumbnail

IMHO she has 'overreached' her potential by doing some things to show herself off to the public.  Her physique and looks are not conducive to a lot of modeling jobs which require a standardized body....that's perhaps why she got super skinny.

As far as acting goes, does she get training?  Does she practice with improv and theater?  That's what serious, aspiring actors do.  good looks are a dime a dozen.

6 hours ago, pizzarat said:

I’ve paid way too close attention to Emily and her friends stories are the best lens to view her through because she seems phony on her own socials like she’s always posing and very aware of herself. I’ve been critical of her for a long time around here and often annoy others bc of it but I don’t think she’s a nice person, she seems self serving and insecure but I feel like she has a little something charismatic going for her and I want her to succeed. Why can’t people have opinions? We’re not sycophants and it’s not that serious.

The very fact that she has a thread on BZ, is known publicly and is not invisible like nearly all women as good looking as her is due to her (extreme) inherent drive to gather attention to herself.  It seems to me that you dislike her for the same reasons that attract you to her.

I think another problem with her acting career is that she is supposedly very picky with the roles she picks, which is ridiculous considering she is a model-turned-actress who is just starting out. Charlize Theron and Sharon Stone, both Oscar winners, had to earn their dues in crappy movies before they got to move on to the better stuff. So why shouldn't she have to go through the same learning period?

The thing is, she needs to have actual talent to be a real actress...a few are naturals.

People who have studied drama, are actors, and work in theater are mostly not of common temperaments.  They are highly extroverted and neurotic in private- which often leads to personal issues as well.  I think a lot of models (eg. Hilary Rhoda) don't make it to the screens because their mental make-up is pretty ordinary and they have no training, which is exacerbated by the standard emotional range.

@LameImpala nailed it, had she went the bombshell route she could’ve booked so many popcorn blockbusters movies but she doesn’t seem to have a lot to choose from. Cruise was filmed two years ago and she’s probably the biggest name in the cast and there’s not even a trailer. 

@Cult Icon you’re probably right, I did originally find her genuinely cool but what you said makes sense!  And I don’t believe she does any formal training, no. Unless the studio provides it.  Last year she told someone on a red carpet she had been working with a linguistic coach for lying and stealing. She would probably benefit from improv.

She looks pretty in those candids but lol at her walking around with her fist raised, she never does that but she was giving the paps the money shot of her typographic wedding ring, his says emrata I wonder if hers says sebobear :baronlamesign: