Bellazon

Andy Whitfield
Thumbnail

XiaoShen

post-36866-0-1446122331-12435_thumb.jpg

Andy Whitfield is a Welsh-Australian actor, model and former engineer.

He was born in Amlwch, Wales and moved to Australia in 1999. Before becoming an actor, he worked as an engineer. He has appeared in several Australian television series, such as Opening Up, All Saints, The Strip, Packed to the Rafters and McLeod's Daughters. He gained his first prominent role in the Australian supernatural film Gabriel. Whitfield also stars in the 2010 television series Spartacus: Blood and Sand, which is filmed in New Zealand. He plays the part of Spartacus, a soldier condemned to fight as a gladiator and who ultimately leads a rebellion against the Romans. Whitfield also appears in the upcoming Australian thriller, The Clinic, set for release in 2010, which was shot in Deniliquin. Whitfield is married and has two children.

gabriel_01.jpegspartacus-andy-whitfield.jpgpost-36866-0-1446122331-16294_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

So sad he is married because I am truly in love with this man. :p Shame I'm married too. Haha

^Yes. Sadly, he has cancer and they had put the second season on hold and filmed Gods of the Arena to help buy him some time. He went into remission so they were going to resume shooting but then the cancer came back :( so Starz had 2 choices: to cancel the show or replace him. They are replacing him so the show can continue. It won't be the same without him though :(

My heart goes out to him and his family though. I hope he can fight this and we get to see him acting again soon.

Here's a couple more recent pictures...

Andy_Whitfield_Andy_Whitfield_Spanish_Kitchen_N_YY6IsGFc2l.jpg MySpace_MTV_Tower_During_Comic_Con_2010_Day_uh8LU8GWf06l.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...