Bellazon

"A Song of Ice and Fire"

Monkey

George R.R. Martin official website

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

A Song of Ice and Fire (ASoIaF) is an epic fantasy series of novels by George R. R. Martin. It is the best-known of his works, and has spawned a successful trading card game and board game. The books are known for extremely detailed and intriguing characters, sudden and often violent plot twists, and no lack of cunning schemes and intricate political maneuvering. In a genre where magic usually takes center stage, this series has a reputation for its limited and subtle use of magic, employing it as an ambiguous and often sinister background force.

Please, Read more here

A couple months ago, a friend recommended I read these books. I trusted this friend's taste, and I went within days to go pick up a copy. I was hooked after only a few pages. I had been growing out of books like "Harry Potter." I wanted something darker, something less idealistic and good feeling, something less cliched and predictable; in other words, I didn't want a book written for children. I found it in George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, the lengthy medieval fantasy series. If you read the Wikipedia article, you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure that I would love '' A Song of Ice And Fire series'' I'm gonna get the first book A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1), but I have no money right now :(

btw You read that The Hobbit and The Silmarillion right?Great books! :)

• 5 months later...

Let me say that without a doubt these are may favorite books I've ever read. I've read the first three twice and am planning to read A Feast for Crows again before the fifth book comes out.

I used to be a big fan of the original Dune book, which was my favorite, but it can't even compare with A Song of Ice and Fire.

I've read the Lord of the Rings, and though most people won't admit it, as good as LOTR is, compared to ASOIAF it's dull and lifeless.

After many times of suggesting it I got my wife to finally read A Game of Thrones. Since she started, she has been unable to put the books down, and is currently half way through a Storm of Swords.

I've read many different fantasy sagas, and there is simply no contender. Nothing is so well written, so exciting, so engrossing, epic and full of life.

I urge everyone to pick up a Game of Thrones and stick with it (After the prologue I was iffy on whether or not I'd like it). I promise you you will not regret it!