She's mentoined in All about Models top new faces of SS 11

Here're you can see all the top new faces :

http://allaboutmodels.net/all-about-models...ces-in-ss-2011/

And here you can see the runway pics of her:

http://allaboutmodels.net/special-projects...-faces-ss-2011/

Daphne-550x821.jpg

Name: Daphne Groeneveld

Nationality: Dutch

Agencies: Bloom Management in The Netherlands, Place Models in Germany, Women Management in Milan & Union Models in London

Height/Measurements: 179cm/80-60-89

Number of shows: 11

Opened / closed: 1 opened / 2 closed

All about Models NUMBER ” 5 “

allaboutmodels.net

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thats not -only- because she's born on a 25th december that Daphne G is the face of our December issue imagined by Tom Ford.

New face in the model world, spotted at jil sander, gucci and calvin klein's shows, this dutch girl with incredible freshness, decided to impose her face in the fashion world, is one of the covergirls we'll have to rely on.

Three words to describe you:

Happy, helpful and Dutch

Fashion in three words:

Funny, glamour, crazy

First impressions:

That's a really new life for me. Everything began 1 year ago when i was doing shopping with my mum. Contrary to what i thought, that's a pleasant world. I also realised how much time it needs to take a picture or get a show ready in time... and at the end of may, when i did my first shoot for Vogue, i told myself for the first time: i'm part of this job.

Greatest memories:

That was in London, late at night, after a whole day of shoots. Suddenly Madonna appeared on set and told me the moves we had to do for a Miu Miu campaigns. The dance teach i was not expecting at all!!

Idol-It:

My givenchy Bag, my Blackberry to stay in touch with my friends.

Cities:

Milan, because i feel like i'm home when i meet my agency team. London because i'm there a lot to work. I still don't know New York very well, but i like to eat quickly at Chelsea market and Whole Foods.

Later:

I used to want to have an hotel in Toscane. Who knows? That will maybe be the case in 15 or 20 years of shows. Otherwise, model agent? I already told my mum, that i will one day run the agency! But for now, my dream would be to shoot in the carabean islands, white sand, palms and blue water...

HQ - Scanned + translation by elsaskywalker

post-16474-1291751078_thumb.jpg

post-16474-1291751227_thumb.jpg

Givenchy S/S 11 by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott

Quote:

WHITE HOT: Riccardo Tisci has earned a reputation for unexpected and trend-setting casting for Givenchy’s advertising: mixing girls and boys, celebrities and models. Last season, he added a frisson of controversy by casting a transsexual, and for next spring-summer, look out for strapping albino model Stephen Thompson. In pale black-and-white portraits shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, Thompson appears along with other Givenchy regulars like Mariacarla Boscono, Daphne Groeneveld and Iris Strubegger in overlapping exposures reminiscent of fashion photography experiments in the Fifties. During an exclusive preview, Tisci explained that he’s long admired albino people, reflected in the pale flesh tones that are recurrent in his fashions. “They’re very near my world,” he enthused. The campaign is set to break in the January issue of L’Uomo Vogue, French Vogue in February and several American titles in March. Tisci said the idea for his latest collections — and the campaign — dovetailed from a Robert Mapplethorpe photo of an alabaster Roman bust atop a stretch of leopard-print fabric.

wwd.com & tfs

post-16474-1292275457_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...