Bellazon

Anna Kendrick
Thumbnail

coluchka

cefaef4086a2.jpg

Anna Kendrick

Birthdate: August 9, 1985

Birthplace: Portland, Maine

Born in Portland, Maine, on August 9, 1985, Anna Kendrick attended Deering High School in Portland, Maine. Her older brother, Michael Cooke Kendrick is also an actor.

She caught the acting bug early and by age 10, had already signed with a talent agency - Online Talent Group, with whom she remains today.

In 1998, when she was just 13, Anna originated the role of Dinah in High Society and was subsequently nominated for a Tony Award (second youngest ever), a Drama Desk Award and Fany Award. Her spectacular performance also landed her the Drama League and Theatre World Award.

She was a lead performer with Cabaret's Kit Kit Club at Carnegie Hall Live in My Favorite Broadway: The Leading Ladies. She also had the privilege of working with director Scott Ellis and choreographer Susan Stroman at the New York City Opera House with Jeremy Irons amongst many more celebrity status actors, playing the role of Fredika in A Little Night Music.

Anna has also workshopped Jane Eyre and The Little Princess for Broadway.

In 2003 Anna made her feature film debut in the independent musical Camp. The film was nominated for the Grand Jury Prize at the 2003 Sundance Film Festival, and Kendrick's turn as Fritzi, who slavishly serves a glamour girl (played by Alana Allen), earned her Best Debut Performance nomination at the 2004 Independent Spirit Awards and Best Supporting Actress nomination at the 2004 Chlotrudis Awards.

When asked about the difference between herself and her "Camp" character, Kendrick said, "I do have a passion for theater. But I try my best not to stalk people."

She also made her second film, "Rocket Science" (2007), writer/director Jeffrey Blitz's comedy-drama film concerning high school debate in which she starred opposite Reece Thompson, playing Ginny Ryerson, his love interest and the high school debate team star. Her performance earned her another Independent Spirit Award nomination, this time for Best Supporting Female.

About her character in the film, Kendrick commented, "The great thing for me about Ginny was what a surprise she was, in that she's this teenage girl who is the most articulate and confident and powerful character maybe in the whole movie. So often, when you read teenage girl [characters], they're very vapid and flighty and are just there to look pretty."

Kendrick has also completed a crime/thriller called "Elsewhere", directed and written by Nathan Hope, in which she stars as a star pupil and athlete who investigates when her lifelong best friend (played Tania Raymonde) goes missing.

In 2008, Anna gained national attention for her scene-stealing turn as Jessica Stanley in the hugely successful "Twilight". The small role of Bella's friend at school turned into a breakout moment for Anna, with many critics and moviegoers alike singling out her tremendous performance.

In 2009, Anna will be seen in at least 3 highly anticipated filmes, starring with some of today's most A-List names; including Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, co-starring Michael Cera, Up in the Air, co-starring George Clooney, and the follow up to Twilight, New Moon.

Anna will also play the female lead, opposite Ben Stiller and Jason Schwartzman in an upcoming comedy movie helmed by Todd Louiso, "The Marc Pease Experience." She recalled the first day of shooting the film, "The very first thing that I shot was doing vocal warm-ups with Ben's character. He's my music teacher and I thought I was going to throw up all day. We had to do a-capella vocal warm-ups, just scales on whatever syllable he felt like saying. He just kept going and improving. It was like poobah, and peebo and moopie. Whatever he'd say, I'd have to sing that. Everybody thought it was so funny but I'm like 'I'm going to kill you'."

And when asked who is the best kisser out of her “Marc Pease” co-stars (Ben Stiller or Jason Schwartzman), she replied, "That's awful! One has a serious girlfriend and one has a wife! I can't."

credit: www.annakendrickfan.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anna Kendrick shows off her painted egg as she visits the Pepsi Refresh Project showroom in Los Angeles on Thursday afternoon (March 25).

The 24-year-old actress was one of the many celebs taking part in the project which awards over 20 million dollars to fund grants benefiting the community. In the spirit of giving back, celebrities decorated eggs which will get auctioned off to their charity of choice.

post-15266-1269969349_thumb.jpg

post-15266-1269969409_thumb.jpg