Bellazon

The Totally Spurious Victoria's Secret Thread

TheBaronOfFratton

Honestly, all this 'Spurious' stuff has been spilling over into that po-faced 'Official' thread - keep it real here people!!!

post-11221-0-1446084660-54187_thumb.jpg

Come and create your own Valentine's 'heart'. All the cool kids are doing it:

post-11221-0-1446084660-60582_thumb.png

Simply put your message or picture in the heart!

If "Angels" playing with glitter and glue like pre-schoolers in that VS vid hasn't gotten your paedo urges going - some of them have been kind enough to send their efforts in here too...

Awww, here's Erin's:

And Lindsay's:

Doutzen:

And at least Candice tried:

screenshot20110201at190.png 001_screenshot20110201at190.png 002_screenshot20110201at190.png screenshot20110201at191.png

^OK, OK... I relent! :laugh:

These polls have finally ground me down. I guess having an imagination is a curse? For one has to eventually buckle under this pressure to conform to what the polls tell you to like (this week), and not what you think you might like yourself. I'm sorry Adriana. I'm sorry everyone.

(And, aw, Michael* :hug: )

You did alright ;)
^You know sometimes I even amaze myself!!! :hehe:

VS NOT RACIALLY DIVISIVE

There's been talk (on other, less interesting, threads) that somehow the brand that gave you Tyra Banks and, um, give us a minute, is patronising in it's attitudes towards 'women of colour' when appointing "Angels".

There's no truth in the rumour of a "Token Angel". Nor that since The Great Shouty Forehead's departure VS have had trouble replacing her... Selita Ebanks was in no way a hastily employed replacement - as her many years of HF work and magazine cover appearances will testify. And no truth that the merry-go-round deployment of Aminata, Arlenis and Emanuela was a 'testing-ground' to fill the empty Ebanks space. Even today rumours persist on the authenticity of Chanel Iman's "Angel" status - and whether Gracie or Lais are more important to the brand.

All this is, of course, nonsense. And none of these girls is being utilised any differently from Candice, or Erin, or Lily, or anyone else (except Adriana obviously, pbuh - and possibly Ale). They are all "Angels" TOGETHER - and will continue to all be treated as such...

post-31360-0-1446084672-06847_thumb.jpg

post-31360-0-1446084672-09175_thumb.jpg

O M G! Somebody is saying that VS has a 'Token Angel' :o No way, that is the biggest lie i've ever heard/read, i always though that the fact that they keep replacing a model of coluor with another (brazilian, american or from some other country, but always with dark skin, of course) in every single commercial/campaign was a coincidence!

& we all this talk about Selita is BS, we all know how popular she was before VS made her Tyra's replacement an Angel, she has always been a fashion darling ... Right?