Kevork89

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

My favorite spokespersons have been Gisele, Adriana, Karolina and Marisa, they all looked confident and the right amount of excited for the product they were trying to sell, mind you I am 100% sure none of these women would use a VS fragrance in their real life but they made you feel like they totally were doing it. Lily has also always been great doing press, same for Lindsay and Rosie. From the newer girls I'd say Elsa and Martha but probably neither of them will go down in history as the most memorable Angels ever thanks to the shitty handling VS did for both of them (and all the other NA).

My least favorites have been Chanel, Jasmine and Josephine because they come across as fake to me, like they are trying so hard to make you believe they look the kool-aid they are selling but there's always just something off with them, Candice has also always given me the impression that she rather be doing anything else than selling VS crap and while I think she is stunning and I like her in everything else, I've always hated most of her VS related interviews. Then there's Erin who always looked bored to death :rofl: and then there's Lais and Kate who basically, are/were never really used for press so it's hard to have anything good to say about them.

I feel like Lindsay, Lily, Heidi and Gisele were the best, although Lily's voice was a bit to goaty for my taste. they amde you think they belived what they said. Adriana's accent gets on my nerves, so does Candice's personality. Chanel was really bad. I remember there was a video of her that was kind of a gag reel of her trying to remember her lines for some V-Day promo.

Thanks for all the replies! Those are some great observations and I enjoyed reading what you guys think about the spokesmodels. I agree that Candice (who is one my all time favorites) wasn't very good at promoting. I think Miranda is my favorite. Adriana seemed fun and entertaing, but yes her accent got on my nerves. Lily was another one who was excellent for it! She knew what she was saying and she made it fun and not robotic. The worst was Erin. I loved her pictures for VS, but she was the worst spokesperson. Rosie did a great job as well. 

Miranda was such a great spokesperson for the brand. She gave off a flirty vibe that worked. Gisele, Karolina, and Adriana all had that extra spark of goddess vibes that made the brand feel lux at the time.

22 hours ago, uberglasses said:

Miranda was such a great spokesperson for the brand. She gave off a flirty vibe that worked. Gisele, Karolina, and Adriana all had that extra spark of goddess vibes that made the brand feel lux at the time.

I loved Miranda as a spokesmodel and as an Angel (and as a regular model, she is just one of my all time favorites!), so I definitely have to agree with you that she was excellent. I never cared for how Gisele, Karolina, and Adriana looked and I never liked their VS work (some of Gisele's and Adriana's swim work was good, but I didn't like anything else), but I definitely think they were awesome at interviews and promotions. They were entertaining, had great personalities, and knew what they were selling and how to sell it. 

But for me, Miranda, Lily, Barbara, Rosie and Behati are my top Angels in the spokesperson category, but also in the all around best Angel category.  It sucks that Candice wasn't too good at interviews because she is soooo pretty and I would love to have had more interviews with her that I could actually sit through and not turn off halfway lol

Popping in here to check on the following few people. COVID-19  has hit everyone hard and I hope you guys are safe and well.

@Clauds @Prettyphile @ThePinkDiet @GlitterAndWings @Fashionsketcher @Limerlight @Dipit @heartwing @PinkCouture and also to everyone else who I may have forgotten.

Kinda bumped to see VS faring so poorly. Genuinely wonder if VSFS2018 will be the last fashion show we'll ever see from the company. It does feel like maybe VS has fallen from grace and will continue to do so as the months/years go by.

Side note to everyone else reading this, stay safe and stay strong. 

Hi there @PastaFreak :hug: I'm doing pretty well, lockdown has pretty much come to an end where I am and thankfully no one extremely close to me got hit hard, a couple of friends caught the virus and had a shit time but they all made it through. Now I'm just enjoying the nice spring/summer weather and slowly going back to normal life :) hope you are doing well as well darling.

As for VS, I definitely think the VSFS2018 was the last one, can't really see it making a comeback. As a whole, seems like VS is just sinking really fast.

Hi @PastaFreak All good here. :) I've worked everyday through the pandemic and am safe and sound.  Just not around much since everything has been so quiet all around. Hope you're well! 

I also would agree that VSFS2018 was the end of the shows. I don't see VS rebounding from the shit show they've become, sadly. 

18 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

Side note to everyone else reading this, stay safe and stay strong. 

Hi @PastaFreak! How have you been? 
It’s good to see you again. 

My family is so far all right, except one of my brothers got furloughed and his job hasn’t started back up yet. 

On 6/17/2020 at 1:03 AM, heartwing said:

Hi @PastaFreak All good here. :) I've worked everyday through the pandemic and am safe and sound.  Just not around much since everything has been so quiet all around. Hope you're well! 

I also would agree that VSFS2018 was the end of the shows. I don't see VS rebounding from the shit show they've become, sadly. 

Ah, this saddens me. Guess there's no more pretty to marvel at anymore :(. Best guess as to how long VS will last?

23 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Hi @PastaFreak! How have you been? 
It’s good to see you again. 

My family is so far all right, except one of my brothers got furloughed and his job hasn’t started back up yet. 

Hey you! I'm good, thanks for asking. Life could be be better but I'll take it the way it is now. Sorry to hear that your brothers got furloughed. I'm experiencing a huge pay cut myself.

Fret not, I'm sure things will look up in no time, you and I have just gotta hang in there!

If it is the last VSFS ever, then seems fitting it closed with Adriana. What a shame for all the newer angels!

^ I agree. If the show is truly over, I think it was definitely fitting that it ended when Adriana left. Adriana was the last model from the golden generation of VS (with Gisele & Tyra). She helped put VS on the map back in the day and then helped carry the brand for nearly 2 decades. Once she left, VS knew it was a wrap. I just don't think any of the newer models/angels can draw in mainstream attention like that anymore. But we'll see.

My only saving grace is that we at least have some great VS shows from years ago that we can rewatch on youtube and relive the glory days. That's what I do is just rewatch the old shows from 2003-2012. I miss Behati, Adriana, Tyra, Doutzen and Gisele!!!

Hey VS lovers, can anyone tell me which VS models have belly piercings? All I know for sure is Alessandra, Adriana, and Ana Beatriz Barros. I think Rachel Hilbert has a piercing but never wears a belly ring? I really miss the good old days when Alessandra and Adriana would rock those belly rings ...

On 6/16/2020 at 7:03 PM, heartwing said:

Regardless of how flawed the show became over the years, it was far from being a shit show. 👆

The VS show won't come back obviously because fatties and trans created their butthurt-shitstorm and VS became a victim of cancel culture.

I'm usually not a conspiracy theorist but I find it somewhat funny to think that Ed plotted the end of the VS show as he thought of retiring. He made the VS show and he didn't wanna leave it to someone else when retiring. So he indirectly made it go lol.

I think they were referring to VS as a whole, not the show.

IS PINK still doing better than VS? I went into the PINk and VS stores at my mall last weekend, and there was a line to get in, but the clothes in PINK were so ugly! I used to love their yoga pants, but I don't anymore. The quality has really gone downhill as well. 

Something confuses me. I remember in the VS Swim line it was a big deal or at least a thing, who got the VS Swim cover until 2016. However for 2019 and 2020, I did not notice that, who got the actual VS Swim Cover for the "Reboot" Vs Swim?

Second question, when did the VS Swim cover begin being a thing? I just remember Candice getting it from 2011 to 2014, but before that I cannot recall any, is there a list of them, like for SI? I am also aware that there are these mini-catalogue covers, which makes the whole thing even more confusing.

13 hours ago, WongDong said:

Something confuses me. I remember in the VS Swim line it was a big deal or at least a thing, who got the VS Swim cover until 2016. However for 2019 and 2020, I did not notice that, who got the actual VS Swim Cover for the "Reboot" Vs Swim?

Second question, when did the VS Swim cover begin being a thing? I just remember Candice getting it from 2011 to 2014, but before that I cannot recall any, is there a list of them, like for SI? I am also aware that there are these mini-catalogue covers, which makes the whole thing even more confusing.

There is no catalogue anymore. It was done with a few years ago, if I'm not mistaken, Josephine got the last cover back in 2016.