Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

16 hours ago, barbarapalvinscomeback said:

She’s not VS but watch Alexandria Morgan’s video on “exposing the industry”. She was with women 360, a division of them. And although I don’t know the full situation, it sounds like trafficking is not too far from their realm. 

I agree with this. She had a horrible experience with that management. 

5 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

In with the receipts. :rofl: 

Back to VS- I haven’t been following the girls as closely as I used to (I unfollowed everyone but Elsa Taylor and Grace lmao) but has anyone seen any indication for Christmas campaigns/commercial? It might be a little early for that still but just wondering. I know Elsa just went off on vacation. 

Not a single word. Granted I'm following the same but swap Taylor for Sara + Babs. 

VS has no obligation to work with anyone, there are dozens of high quality photographers that don't have accusations against them. This isn't a court of law, although it was awkward when Lais decided to name the incident instead of just generally saying "a big name photographer" which might have avoided the clapback. 

13 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

David has been notoriously quiet about past allegations, and him breaking his behavioral patterns this time says a lot imo. Why this time?

Has he been? Because from what I recall, the reason we know about Taylor having an issue with him is because he exposed the allegations on his own social media. During the height of #MeToo when he was exposed as another photog who’d been harassing models he posted and deleted a photo of Taylor where he bad mouthed her and essentially blamed her for his firing despite the fact that she had never publicly stated anything about the situation.

I also recall him giving quite a lengthy interview to WWD to declare his innocence and complain about his inability to book a job after the accusations.

Edit: he did post about Taylor, I was able to find the screenshot in my phone. Diet Prada posted it on their Instagram story at the time saying that by posting it he essentially implicated himself. His caption says something along the lines of “thanks for the lies” and I can’t make out the rest. 

DA18FB38-5B25-4022-8AC4-C0C967374468.png

Second edit: found another screenshot and David’s original caption of the Taylor photo read: “thanks for your lies, and I am showing myself, masks off.” All this was posted in February 2018 on the same day the piece about him was published in the NYTimes. It did not name the model who he allegedly “forcibly kissed” and until Lais’ comment the other day, because of his social media behavior I had always been under the impression that it was about Taylor. 

Also in November 2018 he posted an apology to his Instagram page about making models feel uncomfortable and urged people to work with the model alliance and implied that he’d be working with them too.

^ So did he all along thought that Taylor was the one exposing him while in reality it was actually Lais?

When did her interview with MC Brasil happened (I cannot find it) - that was the first time I heard it was her? But she did mention other girls, no? 

He might be the creep (and abuser) but I liked his work for VS. :(

Also, wasn't he the photographer when Sara's naked photos from Lui magazine came out? She defended him then IIRC.

1 hour ago, tippi12 said:

Has he been? Because from what I recall, the reason we know about Taylor having an issue with him is because he exposed the allegations on his own social media. During the height of #MeToo when he was exposed as another photog who’d been harassing models he posted and deleted a photo of Taylor where he bad mouthed her and essentially blamed her for his firing despite the fact that she had never publicly stated anything about the situation.

Edit: he did post about Taylor, I was able to find the screenshot in my phone. Diet Prada posted it on their Instagram story at the time saying that by posting it he essentially implicated himself. His caption says something along the lines of “thanks for the lies” and I can’t make out the rest.

Also in November 2018 he posted an apology to his Instagram page about making models feel uncomfortable and urged people to work with the model alliance and implied that he’d be working with them too.

Spoiler

I will stand by it, I don't think he posted the image of Taylor because it was about Taylor. I believe he posted the picture because of the symbolism behind her pose - He mentions masks off, which means he's going to war. Rosie the Riveter and it's connections to munitions and war make perfect sense, at least to me.

And yes, in the past three years that his name has been in circulation he's made mention of the situation maybe 3 times till now, which is relatively quiet considering how much of a stink he could of made about it.. And lastly his apologies for making models uncomfortable I believe is a ploy to keep his career. Apologies even if he's not guilty (not saying he is or isn't) and maybe you'll be forgiven. It's a last ditch effort probably orchestrated by his lawyers to save face while they try and sort out everything that's going on.

I might be of a different generation, but I was taught that unless you are connected to the subject/person/act, to hold back judgement till you know more facts, and I dread the fact that many in the younger generations seem to only see black and white or bring a much narrower view to events. Could you imagine a lawyer, judge, members of a jury, or police officer who refused to see all potential sides of a scenario? AGAIN I'm not saying ALL people from the younger generations, but from what I've seen, it's a lot comparatively to when I was younger.

At the end of the day I don't know if David is guilty or not, but I wish people wouldn't collectively gang up on him or anyone else they aren't intimately connected to and pick sides without knowing more.  Innocent till proven guilty.

I'm done talking about it. I've made my point which most of you disagree with and that's fine. Carry on.

am I the only one who doesn't care about the Lais and David drama? I obviously wasn't there, don't know the true story, and I can't do anything about it so eh whatever. good luck to whoever is right in this situation cause honestly who the fuck knows what's real and what's not. 

I hope I don't get any messages from someone on here yelling at me since IDGAF about this, but whatever. :Amelie_wft:

here's something I'm actually interested in: I still think it was dumb that Shanina spilled the beans. I wonder if VS is mad at her because she is kinda a nobody for them. yeah she walks the show and has done some catalogue work, but she's just a filler for them. why wouldn't an actual Angel announce it? I do like Shanina in the show and hope to see her do more work for VS, but she really shouldn't have announced it unless VS told her to, which IDK why they would tell some random model for them to do that. 

oh I just read that Jeffrey Epstein guy killed himself. I don't know much about him at all, but I know VS was connected to him somehow. wow.

and I just wanted to make this list for myself, but I decided to post it anyways. I needed to get myself organized bc there are so many Angels I keep forgetting who I like lol

love: Barbara, Leomie, Grace, Candice

pretty good: Taylor, Jasmine, Josephine

eh, don't care anymore: Elsa and Romee

ew: Alexina, Sara, Stella, Martha, Lais 

All I know about David is that he shot Candice topless when she was like 17 and that’s all I needed to know about him. 

Everyone knows Lais and the rest of the gyals aren’t lying and that he’s creep. Just desperate to be edgy. 

51 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

I’m really curious how the suicide of Jeffrey Epstein will impact VS and the distancing from him they were working on. 

Or if it does at all.

Not sure if it will, but apparently it means all the evidence from his house can be admitted against any other defendant and can't be suppressed, so anyone mentioned will find themselves in hot water. 

2 hours ago, GlitterAndWings said:

Not sure if it will, but apparently it means all the evidence from his house can be admitted against any other defendant and can't be suppressed, so anyone mentioned will find themselves in hot water. 

I figure we will find out what’s happening sometime in the near future. 

This David Bellemere situation. I don't really know anymore. The thing is all of the allegations seem to match up with how he has always acted, but the allegations seem to make them way overblown or make them out of context, or take how he acts the wrong way. Like for example some of the models claim he tried to kiss them, and he tends to greet people by doing a cheek kiss(no contact between the lips and anywhere on the face), and then the inappropriate touching and stuff like that. When you are not in a pose he wants you to be in, he WILL move you. All of this I completely understand why the models were uncomfortable, and if they were uncomfortable they should have been warned if they were not. Its just weird because David Bellemere has worked for VS for YEARS. Out of the all the allegations against these various photographers, Bellemere to me seems like one that is very overblown and frankly false. 

1 hour ago, Sensual said:

This David Bellemere situation. I don't really know anymore. The thing is all of the allegations seem to match up with how he has always acted, but the allegations seem to make them way overblown or make them out of context, or take how he acts the wrong way. Like for example some of the models claim he tried to kiss them, and he tends to greet people by doing a cheek kiss(no contact between the lips and anywhere on the face), and then the inappropriate touching and stuff like that. When you are not in a pose he wants you to be in, he WILL move you. All of this I completely understand why the models were uncomfortable, and if they were uncomfortable they should have been warned if they were not. Its just weird because David Bellemere has worked for VS for YEARS. Out of the all the allegations against these various photographers, Bellemere to me seems like one that is very overblown and frankly false. 

yeah I didn't care to get write my thoughts on this because I really didn't care enough to research it, but the last few pages of this thread were about this so I scanned over it to see what everyone on here was arguing about and I agree with you.

it seems like there are a handful of users like you and me that say "whoa not so fast, idk yet let me think before placing blame", and then there are a handful of users that say "i believe the girls, he did it, send him to prison!". I was gonna write more but I don't feel like it oh well. I just hope this isn't all we're gonna talk about on here. I wish were talking about the VSFS instead 

I like Candice's new pictures, but she has short hair too now. wtf first Barbara, now her. not liking it at all. doesn't Elsa have short hair? I stopped caring about her so idk.

edgy short hair is cool to me, but this new wavy soccer mom bob style....nope. 

I'm sure having short hair saves time and then for photoshoots they can just add extensions though.

the shorter hair looks good on Grace though. 

which Angels have long hair still? Jasmine (love her),......Grace and STella have short hair but I don't like Stella anways. Romee has long hair I think and Alexina. Martha? Idk I don't look at her much, all I remember is she's blonde and boring...Taylor has loooovely hair....Josephine has nice hair, omg who else are the Angels?? crap I always forget them because there are still too many lol

Leomie has nice hair! 

Sara has super great hair, which is a super compliment coming from me. 

who the hell am I forgetting???

19 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

@bump if you don't want to talk about this just don'y say antyhing, you sound very shallow..sorry if it bothers you if we talk about such thing as models getting harassed by assholes

yeah I'm not gonna say any more. I'll just scroll past anything about it. it IS technically VS related, it's just not what I  want to read. I hope you didn't take it as me trying to command people to stop though! it's on me to just not read it, so yeah point taken.

and since my post was about Candice but ending up being about hair, your (Peroxideblonde) avatar girl has cool short hair, that's more my style than the wavy hair do Barbara and Candice have going on now. who is in your avatar cause she's cute? I"ve been meaning to ask so I might as well just do it now.