Jump to content
Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

True, but each photographer has a different way of working and I'd think that if Bellemere has acted so badly and inappropriate with all of VS's models, VS would've stopped working with him much sooner. VS has always been very clear about making sure the models are comfortable.

 

An example, several models have said how amazing Russell is and how he is very nice and not inappropriate at all towards the models, which is of course a reason why so many people love to work with him... If all of this really happened the way it's been described then I don't understand why it took so long for VS to cut ties with Bellemere.

 

The whole point is that Russell James is different from other photographers. He seems to operate under a friend/big brother code and doesn’t try to foster a sexually charged connection with the models he shoots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sanni said:

 

The whole point is that Russell James is different from other photographers. He seems to operate under a friend/big brother code and doesn’t try to foster a sexually charged connection with the models he shoots.

I know that. That's basically what I said. It doesn't make any sense from VS's side to have hired Bellemere tbh if all of this is true and it seems like many people knew about his behaviour. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, *Luna* said:

True, but each photographer has a different way of working and I'd think that if Bellemere has acted so badly and inappropriate with all of VS's models, VS would've stopped working with him much sooner. VS has always been very clear about making sure the models are comfortable.

 

Perhaps the models didn't feel comfortable expressing their disapproval towards shooting with him because they feared that speaking out could be detrimental to their careers. If I recall correctly, Bellemere seemed to begin working around the time most of the current line-up had barely secured Angel contracts. Even if both were new to the brand, if a photographer labeled a girl as difficult to work with (i.e. what we presume about what happened with Barbara), their career could take a drastic turn for the worse. The position invokes a power dynamic and dismissing the opportunity of superiority that it creates only enables the issue. The behavior most likely wasn't recognized as harassment, hence why they continued to work with him for years. 

 

Arguing that VS always looks out for the girls, although I wish to view it as optimistically, is a fairly generalized and slightly false statement. VS clearly didn't give a fuck when they basically forced Erin into developing an eating disorder. I imagine they work hard to ensure photoshoots are handled appropriately, but, as I have stated previously, I don't believe Ed had no prior knowledge and actually went out of his way to prevent these situations from happening. 

 

3 hours ago, almanaotemcor said:

Because for a person who was sexually harassed it is not easy to talk about it, especially if you work in this industry as VS girls who depend totally on their agencies. It can also be from embarrassment or fear that someone does not believe them. Not to mention that many women consider it "normal" for a guy to come and grope them, since for years it has been seen on television as several men take advantage of their power to inappropriately touch women.

 

Thank you for sharing your story! Your bravery is inspiring, to say the least. The fact that you are lending your voice to this cause is powerful! :smile: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Barbara had to take up so much shit through the years. People calling her lazy, fat, unprofessional.. so much speculation surrounding the way she parted ways with VS. If this is all true, if she really is the model Kedel raped, I can only imagine how hard It must have been for her to deal with what happened to her, the lack of support of the people that should have kept her safe like her agent, and on top of that the never ending speculation from the fans etc, etc..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but Bellemere doesn't ask them to pose, he poses them. And puts them into painful positions. Unnatural poses on pointy rocks. He also acted very racist towards an Asian model and almost walked off of the shoot because he didn't want to work with her. He didn't find her attractive, so he acted like a spoiled brat. He was paid to take pictures, not judge the models chosen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018. 02. 18. at 4:54 AM, Clauds said:

 

We don't know if he was talking about Barbara back then, and even if it was I doubt he knew about the abuse. Kadel may have just lied about it and be like she's a bitch and really hard to work with and stuff along those lines. And the fact that VS decided to cut ties with both Kadel and Bellemere to make the models feel more comfortable tells me that they actually do care about that kind of things, so i doubt Ed would say that abour Barbs if he was aware of the whole thing

 

And the more I think about it, the more it does seem like the Kadel girl is Barbara. Does anyone know if she used to have a female agent and switched agents? She's always been with IMG but if she did change agents then it's pretty much confirmed it was her, either way this whole story is disgusting I hope both these pigs go to jail and rot there. 

I think she used to have Lisa Benson as agent. Then been passed to Emerson Barth. Not sure about Lisa Benson though, but kinda sure about that Emerson Barth wasn't her original agent at IMG NY. 

But honestly, I have doubts that this model in that article is Barbara. Her downward spiral started after the whole Justin Bieber nonsense. She seemed fine until that. but idk, maybe it's her. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@clau17 If the story is about Barbara then I feel very sorry for her and I hope she has good people around her who can support her and be there for her whenever she needs them. But people calling her lazy and/or unprofessional isn’t a crime... Is it fun to be told those things? No not at all, but maybe some of those things were true. I don’t remember who said it but wasn’t she rejected by VS because she was seen partying non stop while she should’ve been working out and eating healthily? If she was told then that it’s unprofessional and lazy behavior (the partying and just not caring much about her image) then I’d have to agree with those people who told her that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, *Luna* said:

@clau17 If the story is about Barbara then I feel very sorry for her and I hope she has good people around her who can support her and be there for her whenever she needs them. But people calling her lazy and/or unprofessional isn’t a crime... Is it fun to be told those things? No not at all, but maybe some of those things were true. I don’t remember who said it but wasn’t she rejected by VS because she was seen partying non stop while she should’ve been working out and eating healthily? If she was told then that it’s unprofessional and lazy behavior (the partying and just not caring much about her image) then I’d have to agree with those people who told her that.

 

so if it’s about barbara... you are basically saying: sorry for her, sorry she got raped by someone she knows, sorry her agent told her to suck it up and deal with it, sorry she had to continue work with her rapist on a regular basis, sorry she had nowhere to turn to after such a horrendous, traumatizing probably life changing horror but she should have put all those things aside for her image?

 

I seriously hope I understand your comment wrong because I can’t believe that anyone except the lunatic agent or money hungry people who want to make money out of her would react like this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, clau17 said:

Barbara had to take up so much shit through the years. People calling her lazy, fat, unprofessional.. so much speculation surrounding the way she parted ways with VS. If this is all true, if she really is the model Kedel raped, I can only imagine how hard It must have been for her to deal with what happened to her, the lack of support of the people that should have kept her safe like her agent, and on top of that the never ending speculation from the fans etc, etc..

 

 

She was also blamed about Bieber and Selena breaking up. It was Barbara's fault, not the fact that Bieber is a scumbag. Plus, Selena ain't really an innocent gal herself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, *Luna* said:

@clau17 If the story is about Barbara then I feel very sorry for her and I hope she has good people around her who can support her and be there for her whenever she needs them. But people calling her lazy and/or unprofessional isn’t a crime... Is it fun to be told those things? No not at all, but maybe some of those things were true. I don’t remember who said it but wasn’t she rejected by VS because she was seen partying non stop while she should’ve been working out and eating healthily? If she was told then that it’s unprofessional and lazy behavior (the partying and just not caring much about her image) then I’d have to agree with those people who told her that.

 

 

there's always that awkward "but..." that follows.

 

Your post is embarrassing and textbook victim blaming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

 

so if it’s about barbara... you are basically saying: sorry for her, sorry she got raped by someone she knows, sorry her agent told her to suck it up and deal with it, sorry she had to continue work with her rapist on a regular basis, sorry she had nowhere to turn to after such a horrendous, traumatizing probably life changing horror but she should have put all those things aside for her image?

 

I seriously hope I understand your comment wrong because I can’t believe that anyone except the lunatic agent or money hungry people who want to make money out of her would react like this. 

 

+1

 

This is victim blaming at its finest and one of the reasons why victims are so afraid to speak out. This is just disgusting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HighMaintenance said:

 

so if it’s about barbara... you are basically saying: sorry for her, sorry she got raped by someone she knows, sorry her agent told her to suck it up and deal with it, sorry she had to continue work with her rapist on a regular basis, sorry she had nowhere to turn to after such a horrendous, traumatizing probably life changing horror but she should have put all those things aside for her image?

 

I seriously hope I understand your comment wrong because I can’t believe that anyone except the lunatic agent or money hungry people who want to make money out of her would react like this. 

What the hell? That's not at all what I meant. I'm not blaming her in any way. I don't know much about Barbara or her career or when that rape story allegedly  happened. All I'm saying is that if she auditioned for the VS show and got told she was unprofessional because of too much partying instead of working out or preparing for the show, then I understand why they called her unprofessional. That's literally all I meant. I never said anything about her having to put aside all those things. I meant to say it in general way, if she herself wanted to be in the VS show but chose to just keep partying instead of working on her image then yeah that's not the most professional thing to do.

 

However, it doesn't take anything away from how bad the whole rape story is and I never meant to make it sound that way. I seriously don't know why every time I say something people here love to twist words? Was my comment really that unclear then? Again, to make myself clear, whoever the story is about, Barbara or anyone else (did it get confirmed who it's about?), I'm not blaming her/whoever it happened to. Whoever did this should be punished and I definitely do not support those kind of acts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

What the hell? That's not at all what I meant. I'm not blaming her in any way. I don't know much about Barbara or her career or when that rape story allegedly  happened. All I'm saying is that if she auditioned for the VS show and got told she was unprofessional because of too much partying instead of working out or preparing for the show, then I understand why they called her unprofessional. That's literally all I meant. 

 

I still don’t understand the purpose of your post. The original post by @clau17 was clearly about showing sympathy for Barbara and seeing it from her point of view and you post something completely opposite saying that you understand why they said it. I just don’t get it... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

 

I still don’t understand the purpose of your post. The original post by @clau17 was clearly about showing sympathy for Barbara and seeing it from her point of view and you post something completely opposite saying that you understand why they said it. I just don’t get it... 

And did I ever say something that shows I don't have any sympathy for her (or whoever it happened to)? I said that if all of this happened I hope the victim has good people around her who help(ed) her and can be there for her whenever she needs them to be. Again, I don't know much about Barbara's career and when or when she didn't go to a VS casting. I'll try explaining it one more time:

 

Barbara goes to the casting. They saw pictures of her partying instead of working out at the gym like other models and told her it's a bit unprofessional. She doesn't get the show. That's literally all I was talking about. I don't really appreciate being accused of saying I don't care about the victim etc because that's not at all my intention or how I look at these things. My comment about her being allegedly being called unprofessional has absolutely nothing to do with what happened to her in that story. I've actually been a victim of abuse myself so I would absolutely never ignore the victim or what that has happened to the victim. I'm sorry if I made it seem any other way because that's absolutely not (and has never been) my intention.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

 

I still don’t understand the purpose of your post. The original post by @clau17 was clearly about showing sympathy for Barbara and seeing it from her point of view and you post something completely opposite saying that you understand why they said it. I just don’t get it... 

 

I feel like this is you right now reading this thread:rofl: 

 

Kscriyqx o

Link to post
Share on other sites

Point (that you're obviously missing) is that story of Barbs' partying too much is suspicious thing to hold against her. It smells more like someone blacklisted her (her alleged rapist) than her really being unprofessional.

 

Same happened in Hollywood with women who Harvey Weinstein branded as "difficult to work".

 

And then Ed mentions Adriana as a shining example how model should behave. First off, VS models have been partying and are still partying no more or less than Barbara. And Adriana is in the whole different stage of her life (being a mom) than Barbara. Not to mention, that VS has become "low key" a brothel for Hollywood creeps to pray on young girls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Schemer said:

Point (that you're obviously missing) is that story of Barbs' partying too much is suspicious thing to hold against her. It smells more like someone blacklisted her (her alleged rapist) than her really being unprofessional.

 

Same happened in Hollywood with women who Harvey Weinstein branded as "difficult to work".

 

And then Ed mentions Adriana as a shining example how model should behave. First off, VS models have been partying and are still partying no more or less than Barbara. And Adriana is in the whole different stage of her life (being a mom) than Barbara. Not to mention, that VS has become "low key" a brothel for Hollywood creeps to pray on young girls.

Okay I’m sorry for missing the point, but how exactly is it okay for you (and Clauds) to automatically jump to “You’re blaming her and it’s all her fault! This is disgusting.” I find it quite disgusting that apparently it’s okay for you and others to just automatically jump to conclusions. This was clearly a miscommunication and I probably should’ve tried to express myself in a more clear way. Have you never made a mistake? I really don’t know what else to say than that. I apologized multiple times so I’m not sure what more you expect of me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...