Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

• 2 weeks later...

Victoria's Secret Brand CEO Abruptly Resigns 

(January 3, 2023)

Excerpts from the CNN article:  https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/03/business/victorias-secret-ceo-amy-hauk 

Victoria’s Secret brand CEO Amy Hauk has resigned less than a year into the job, the company said Tuesday.

Hauk, who was also CEO of the company’s Pink apparel brand, notified the company of her resignation last week, the company said. She will leave Victoria’s Secret in March.

Martin Waters, the CEO of the brand’s parent company, Victoria’s Secret & Co., will take over as CEO of the brand.

Shares of Victoria’s Secret dropped 8% on the news during after-hours trading Tuesday.

....The company also bought Adore Me, an upstart rival, for $400 million. That deal closed last week.

But Victoria’s Secret sales have been uneven since the start of the pandemic.

Sales tumbled in 2020 during the peak of Covid-19 but bounced back in 2021. They are projected to fall by up to 7% this year.

On 1/4/2023 at 3:41 PM, Jim T said:

Victoria's Secret Brand CEO Abruptly Resigns 

(January 3, 2023)

Excerpts from the CNN article:  https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/03/business/victorias-secret-ceo-amy-hauk 

Victoria’s Secret brand CEO Amy Hauk has resigned less than a year into the job, the company said Tuesday.

Hauk, who was also CEO of the company’s Pink apparel brand, notified the company of her resignation last week, the company said. She will leave Victoria’s Secret in March.

Martin Waters, the CEO of the brand’s parent company, Victoria’s Secret & Co., will take over as CEO of the brand.

Shares of Victoria’s Secret dropped 8% on the news during after-hours trading Tuesday.

....The company also bought Adore Me, an upstart rival, for $400 million. That deal closed last week.

But Victoria’s Secret sales have been uneven since the start of the pandemic.

Sales tumbled in 2020 during the peak of Covid-19 but bounced back in 2021. They are projected to fall by up to 7% this year.

Seems a bit rash to remove her for such a small decrease if indeed she was pressured to resign, but short term is the game in the end.

Another note. I'm liking the V-Day campaign at least the video part of it, it took me a bit back to times we all miss. All they needed was a diverse cast and a change from appealing to the male gaze for the female one, but that didn't mean they had to take away sexy. Women do in fact like to feel sexually alive, is that not the point of lingerie? Correct me if I'm wrong.

On 11/29/2022 at 12:02 PM, bump said:

@TheDude2k thanks for the information, I don't know why my messages/tages don't alert me, I decided to check this thread and saw you responded. I have no idea what Karen Mulder looks like either, but I have heard her name. I'm curious to what the original Angels looked like so thank you. I want to see how much they changed over the years. 

Here are some great pictures of Karen from the VS catalog back in the 90s.  So beautiful!  They all were.

f19ee218059d48fac029ae5de1aae751.jpg karen mulder.jpg karen05.jpg 1233114-bigthumbnail.webp tumblr_n7fhf6kbcq1s4rdaio1_640.jpg

17 minutes ago, justwastingtime said:

Here are some great pictures of Karen from the VS catalog back in the 90s.  So beautiful!  They all were.

f19ee218059d48fac029ae5de1aae751.jpg

:laugh: That first one was my scan I did ages ago!  That was my old imaging tag in the bottom left corner when I scanned as a hobby.  Amazing it's still on the interwebs!

On 1/16/2023 at 8:28 AM, TheDude2k said:

:laugh: That first one was my scan I did ages ago!  That was my old imaging tag in the bottom left corner when I scanned as a hobby.  Amazing it's still on the interwebs!

Wow! I don't think I got it from Bellazon; I think I got it from a pinterest or something.  Great scan, and such a sexy picture!  I love 90s VS more than anything else.

1 hour ago, justwastingtime said:

Wow! I don't think I got it from Bellazon; I think I got it from a pinterest or something.  Great scan, and such a sexy picture!  I love 90s VS more than anything else.

I posted the scan among several others on DAINEWS back in the day when there were scans and vidcaps before broadband and UHQ images were available.  The site recently closed after 20+ years.  Sure is cool to see those images still out there somewhere.

And Karen was definitely underrated amongst the other Angels.  Too bad she had some personal issues to deal with that hindered her modelling career.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/17/2023 at 3:35 PM, Siemgi said:

I like this new campaign. Bella Hadid Is a great face for this campaign.She looks great in every shot and Victoria Push-Up in pink and mint green is a perfect fit for her. VS prides itself employing the latest in design, technology, and research to create comfortable and stylish bras. This campaign ensures they are on the right track.

I wonder how they will do with ratings and if they can manage to score a good performer again... i am sure already that the lineup of models will be a hot mess tho :rofl: 

22 minutes ago, Clauds said:

I wonder how they will do with ratings and if they can manage to score a good performer again... i am sure already that the lineup of models will be a hot mess tho :rofl: 

"...hot mess..." I have a feeling there will be nothing hot about it. :laugh:  It will be a full hour body positivity campaign and about "women" from all walks of life in all shapes and sizes.

Victoria’s Secret to bring back fashion show after 4-year hiatus

1 hour ago, RIP_Cabrini_Green said:

lmao. this is actually exciting. I can’t wait to watch this train wreck

This ^^^

Actually I'm just interested in the costuming and to see if any of the Angels walk again. I'm going to assume Taylor and Grace might.

16 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

This ^^^

Actually I'm just interested in the costuming and to see if any of the Angels walk again. I'm going to assume Taylor and Grace might.

My money from the Angels is on Taylor and Grace as well. From former regulars, I think it's safe to assume Bella and Imaan will also walk, other than them I don't think we'll see any familiar faces and to be honest I don't know 95% of the models in their website these days. I didn't even know they did a collab with Naomi Osaka, just saw it now when I wanted to see if I can recognize any of the models :rofl: