Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

On 9/23/2022 at 9:15 AM, calwatch said:

If you have access to Usenet, there was a 23 gig archive of VS model pictures from the glory days (2005-2015), all organized by Nodescans, as well as a posting of their scans from back then. The title to search for is "nodescans" and "VS models from website".  At some point, the poster will organize their 20+ year collection and upload it there, but it is not going to happen any time soon. 

It's a dream, but how to save it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 11:09 AM, medicenevs said:

More Or Less Magazine - Issue 06

In case you missed them, here they are. Honestly, this makes me think that the ex angels miss this status as much as we do.

C0581D38-ED6C-4ECB-9D41-E32E9CD52DB5.jpeg.d6e4261c36eba593493d09e0a09d3d2b.jpeg 3EAB0094-04B5-4DA4-AE0C-7F749C114CC5.jpeg.51670189d85dea69cb170a2feadd5b70.jpeg 1F30BD42-6341-4BB0-83FD-79BF485FAD65.jpeg.b8552d69faae5a5d3fefbbd811ef4194.jpeg

thanks for posting! are these new? or is this an old editorial? I'm just now getting back into BZ after being away for months, so I am not up to date. I miss seeing all the angels together! 

On 10/26/2022 at 5:25 PM, WongDong said:

Is there any reliable way of finding out who the VS Swim cover models were before 2010? I don't mean every single catalogue, but the "main ones" like Candice's was the main cover model for 2011-2014, or Behati for 2015 or Elsa for 2016.

That's a neat idea! I remember seeing Candice and Miranda a lot in 2010....Rosie and Lindsey E had a couple. I am googling old VS swim covers to see what I can find bc you have me interested as well. VS Swim is what got me into VS in the first place, I loved their swimsuits and bought a few and then realized I was interested in modeling as well. 

if anyone still reads this thread, what got you into VS? I saw a picture of Alessandra wearing this bikini I wanted so my mom bought me the bikini but I never forgot the picture. then I kept going back to buy more swimsuits and really liking the pictures as well, I thought they were so pretty back then! Now the photography as VS is boring. 

This is the picture that I just loved! 

post-1676-1136552133.jpg

2 minutes ago, TheDude2k said:

@bump Relatively new... a couple of months old I believe.

thank you for responding! That's great they had all the ex Angels together! Wish they would bring back the Angel concept. I still shop at VS, but even the stores aren't as glamorous without the Angels. 

@bump You're welcome!

I think Bikini Lovers has become the new VS Swim... 2021 featured Josephine Skriver, 2022 was Elsa Hosk, and 2023 is going to be Sara Sampaio... all ex-VS Angels.  Jaw dropping photos of them. :baronfaint:  Cameron Hammond is one heck of a photographer.

IMO, Stephanie Seymour was the original VS Angel. :) 

4 minutes ago, TheDude2k said:

@bump You're welcome!

I think Bikini Lovers has become the new VS Swim... 2021 featured Josephine Skriver, 2022 was Elsa Hosk, and 2023 is going to be Sara Sampaio... all ex-VS Angels.  Jaw dropping photos of them. :baronfaint:  Cameron Hammond is one heck of a photographer.

IMO, Stephanie Seymour was the original VS Angel. :) 

I don't know what Bikini Lovers are, but I will hvae to check it out. I used to LOVE VS swimsuits but the suits sucks as much as VS does now. 

and yes Cameron Hammond is a fantastic photographer! 

What year did VS start with the Angels? the Angels  I first remember seeing were Candice, Doutzen, Alessandra, Adrianna...I became a fan in 2005 but didn't really get into the Angels until 2012 so there's lots I don't know about VS. 

Just now, TheDude2k said:

@bump The Angels go way back into the mid-late 90s.  I think Stephanie started with VS in the early 90s... she was one of my favorite models back then and still looks great today.  Check out her BZ thread.

More info here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Victoria's_Secret_models

Thanks for the link! I love Wikipedia, I had no idea they had this list though! there's a few names on this list that I don't know, like Daniela Pestova, so I have some researching to do this morning. 

was stephanie Seymour the one that was married to Axel Rose? If so, that's all I know about her, so yes going to check her thread out now. I'm not familiar with many models from before the 2000s except for Kate Moss. 

@bump Daniela Pestova was a major VS model back then.  She even appeared in SI Swim and was on the cover.  Some of the OG Angels were Stephanie Seymour, Daniela Pestova, Karen Mulder, Tyra Banks, and Heidi Klum.

And yes, Stephanie Seymour was married to Axl Rose for a short while and she was even featured in his music video "November Rain".  As a kid, I distinctly remember seeing dem legs in the wedding dress and was like 😍 lol

@TheDude2k thanks for the information, I don't know why my messages/tages don't alert me, I decided to check this thread and saw you responded. I have no idea what Karen Mulder looks like either, but I have heard her name. I'm curious to what the original Angels looked like so thank you. I want to see how much they changed over the years. 

@Siemgi very cool, thanks for posting! I have never seen that, I was just little when that aired so maybe I did but I wouldn't remember. The only one I recognize is Tyra. I always think of the Angels as Candice/Rosie/Doutzen/Ale/Adrianna/that group bc that's who were Angels when I was getting into fashion and modeling interests. I knew Angels existed before them but for some reason never cared to find out who. Now I am curious though

who are you guys' favorite Angels? mine would be Barbara and Candice. 

10 hours ago, bump said:

who are you guys' favorite Angels? mine would be Barbara and Candice. 

Probably too many in the span of ~25 years but off the top of my head: Ale, Josephine, Erin Heatherton, Adriana Lima, Lindsay Ellingson, Elsa, Taylor, Stephanie Seymour...