Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

9 hours ago, elfstone said:

It was inevitable Wexner's ties with Epstein would sink VS. Some of the most heinous crimes that he and his associates had committed took place on properties owned by Wexner.

I think Epstein was a factor but there are definitely other much more significant reasons why things went downhill for VS. TBH I thought things started to go bad right after Gisele left, then things started to deep dive around 2010, and pretty much plummeted starting around 2015 or 2016.

On 7/15/2022 at 7:18 PM, PinkCouture said:

I think Epstein was a factor but there are definitely other much more significant reasons why things went downhill for VS. TBH I thought things started to go bad right after Gisele left, then things started to deep dive around 2010, and pretty much plummeted starting around 2015 or 2016.

I agree with this, I think those of us who were actual customers from the brand have a different perspective for the decline. Not everything can be blamed on Epstein nor poor marketing, the prices went up and the quality went down and not even Adriana or Elsa would make me pay 70 bucks for a shitty bra so I was one of those people who went from loyal customer to lol nope, bye. I do think after Gisele left they lost a bit of spark, but IMO 2009-2010 is went things started to go wrong in terms of marketing, models, and products and then 2016-2018 it just hit a new low.

That being said, I recently went to a VS store and was pleasantly surprised to see that the quality was much better and they also have some super nice new designs and colors, and not as many horrible patterns that are useless. I actually ended up buying five bras, all without wires and just in solid colors, all super comfy and I love them. As for the campaigns, I do miss the days of the true Bombshell campaigns, but ngl, seeing a model with a body similar to mine makes it much easier for me to make informed purchases regarding the size and the fit.

On 7/19/2022 at 8:13 AM, Clauds said:

I agree with this, I think those of us who were actual customers from the brand have a different perspective for the decline. Not everything can be blamed on Epstein nor poor marketing, the prices went up and the quality went down and not even Adriana or Elsa would make me pay 70 bucks for a shitty bra so I was one of those people who went from loyal customer to lol nope, bye. I do think after Gisele left they lost a bit of spark, but IMO 2009-2010 is went things started to go wrong in terms of marketing, models, and products and then 2016-2018 it just hit a new low.

That being said, I recently went to a VS store and was pleasantly surprised to see that the quality was much better and they also have some super nice new designs and colors, and not as many horrible patterns that are useless. I actually ended up buying five bras, all without wires and just in solid colors, all super comfy and I love them. As for the campaigns, I do miss the days of the true Bombshell campaigns, but ngl, seeing a model with a body similar to mine makes it much easier for me to make informed purchases regarding the size and the fit.

I also think when the show was no longer live it impacted the quality of the show. When it was no longer live the theatrics started to get ridiculous to the point it became circus-like. Also there was too much focus on the musical artists (whose songs often didn't match the mood, tone, and beat of the themes), and not enough attention on the merchandise they were selling. It went from a fashion show to an entertainment show, which is a strange move considering they make money off of their merchandise so I have no clue why they wouldn't highlight it more.

I had a totally different experience when I visited the store 2 months ago :ninja:  Most of the patterns and design weren't my cup of tea, and I thought the quality was still sub par for the price they're asking for. However, I did appreciate the inclusion of different size esp being a "fluffy" person myself :D

Yeah the show getting worse probably also hurt the brand, I also think getting rid of the catalogs was not a smart choice, they were such an easy and good marketing and reminder of their products, particularly Christmas and Swim catalogs were super exciting to get in the mail but suddenly that was also gone.

Sorry to hear you had a different experience, I actually enjoyed mine a lot, finally found white, black and nude bras that fit me just fine :rofl:  but yeah there's definitely more diversity in terms of fit and sizing these days as well. As for quality, maybe it's because every other brand has also lowed quality and upped their prices so suddenly VS isn't as bad anymore. That being said, last week I ordered SKIMS for the first time and the quality is top and the prices are the same, if not lower than VS so I guess my comeback to VS was shortlived lol

I miss when VS, SI and others used only hot models.  I do not need to see fat women, ugly women, old women, and other PC women in lingerie or swimsuits.  In junior high and high school I grew up admiring Stephanie, Karen, Nikki, Yasmeen and others.  They were close to perfection.  Then Adriana, Alessandra,  Candice, Lily, Martha, Doutzen, and others carried the torch.  That is all gone now.  

On 8/2/2022 at 3:58 PM, Clauds said:

Damn Bella looks stunning in this. Do you know who is the black model in the purple set? Also gorgeous

You cant find out the names of the models on VS pressroom, they list all the names for each campaign (except the Love & Lemons type collabs).

They seem to be rotating Grace Elizabeth, Bella Hadid, Adut Akech, Imaan Hammam, Paloma Elsesser, Yumi Nu, Mayowa Nichola, Abby Champion, Hailey Bieber, Valentina Sampaio & Jill Kortleve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/20/2022 at 5:35 PM, lozekl said:

hello,would anyone be willing to share their collections of VS pictures from the website? I lost my collection when my hard drive died

If you have access to Usenet, there was a 23 gig archive of VS model pictures from the glory days (2005-2015), all organized by Nodescans, as well as a posting of their scans from back then. The title to search for is "nodescans" and "VS models from website".  At some point, the poster will organize their 20+ year collection and upload it there, but it is not going to happen any time soon.