Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Omg! I am crying here...what is this?

These models aren't selling lingerie, they look bored and uinterested.

Ok, catalog work is never excited stuff to do, but the former angels delivered fantastic pics. they turned boring catalog work into a delight to see.

VS is losing it :( what happened to this awesome brand that was once domineering the lingerie market

Naamloosfff.png

I actually like the website pictures better these days, mainly because you do get a way better and more realistic feel of how the underwear would fit. However, the campaigns are garbage, I don't care who are the models in it, it's just incredibly boring all of it

It is definitely a shift from the glamorous Russell James, David Bellemere, etc photography of the 2000's and early 2010's to boring white wall. But boring white wall sells the product better than a model in a sexy pose. I would have liked if they actually had used the models for the campaign to model the lingerie for e-commerce, though. Instead they have the usual Lorena, Snejal, Julia, Abbey, etc. modeling. While they are slightly more in diversity in size than the models of the 2000's they are all in the same general mid to late 20's range, whereas the whole point of the Love Cloud campaign was to bring older women as well as disabled women. 

14 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

Romee, Elsa, and Jasmine are all shooting a campaign together for Lounge Lingerie.

As opposed to Steph Rayner, Nathalya Cabral and Mariama Diallo (models featured in their more recent collections). 

Thats a huge downgrade for Lounge IMO. :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 3:13 PM, WongDong said:

This is Victoria's Secret Swim now... Not a single of the previous angels, not even Taylor. Imaan Hammam is amazing, but she can't carry this stuff alone.

Looks fine to me, all of them are experienced models. Dont see much of what is wrong here.

And the chinese campaign is an example of wokeness? Good lord goes to show nobody who uses the word woke has no idea what they're talking about.

I'm quite disappointed about the open racism exhibited here. Poisons the well of reasonable discussion here.

I hate to say it people but white wall and using B-list models like Julia Van Os, Lorena Duran, Abbey Ries, Mia Kang, etc. are staying. It saves money and they still move product. 

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4492549-victorias-secret-and-co-vsco-ceo-martin-waters-on-q4-2021-results-earnings-call-transcript

Great. Thanks so much for taking my question. Martin, I just wanted to follow-up on the brand repositioning. Just coming at it from a different standpoint. How do you feel about the customers that were with the brand before the brand repositioning started? Do you feel like you've been able to keep those customers, or has the new repositioning turned any of those customers away? Thank you.

(VS CEO) Martin Waters

Yes, it's a great question, Jay. Thank you for asking. All customers are welcome. I don't think we have no, why no. We haven't knowingly wait to buy to any customers. That's certainly not our intention. We don't know, within the business, either anecdotally or systemically, that we've worked groups of customers at all. I do not hear about that either in stores from Becky or leader of stores from Asia, leader of digital, I don't see it in the file data, so I don't think it's a thing.

However, when we first announced our positioning, we got a significant amount of mail from people who said, this is terrible. You're scorching the earth. You're spoiling our brand. We love the way it was before, why are you changing it? And when we look closely, all of those people purported to be big fans of Victoria's and Gold Card holders and when we look closely, we couldn't find that. It was principally from men that it was from people who don't subscribe to the values that we subscribe to.

So I think that initial noise of the repositioning being a dangerous thing to do, that's gone away. We don't hear about it now. Social media posts are overwhelmingly positively received. And I think the haters have gone away. But I know your question was more genuine than that and say, are there women who are shopping with us, who no longer find the brand attractive? I don't think so. We still sell provocative merchandise. We still embrace very sexy. Some of our best-selling items are in the collections that are most provocative. Valentine's Day is a holiday that we celebrate and we own, and we're unashamedly sexy at that time of the year. But we can do other things as well. And I hope you'll see that when we launch Mother's Day, in a few weeks' time, which I think is about one of the best campaigns that we've ever launched.

So for us, it's about a balance. Rather than the brand Victoria's Secret just being one thing, which is sexy, it's about Victoria's Secret, the brand being advocating for women in all aspects of their life, be that maternity, be that date night, being company at home, be it sport. Whatever it is, we want to be there for her in every aspect of a journey through life. So thank you for asking the question. Appreciate it.

Okay but how many of the people complaining about the re-branding were actually VS customers? :idk:  As much as people here and SoMe love to shit on the new branding and models, clearly legitimate customers are happy about it as they are selling more. I am not obsessed with the new branding, but it's not something that would turn me away from VS (the shitty overpriced products did that lolol), times change and clearly whatever they are doing, it's better to the current market.

Also Adriana is pregnant, secretly hoping she'll do a maternity campaign for them, unlikely but a girl can dream

I hate this PC world.  I miss true beautiful models working for VS.  From Stephanie and Karen to Candice and Lily, VS Angels were goddesses and represented the top 1 percent of beauty.  That is what a VS model should look like.  They should not be fat or ugly.  I don't want to see "real women" in lingerie and bikinis.  You can see that everywhere.   I want a beautiful model with a great body and legs like Stephanie Seymour.   

On 4/10/2022 at 6:25 PM, LilMatty said:

I hate this PC world.  I miss true beautiful models working for VS.  From Stephanie and Karen to Candice and Lily, VS Angels were goddesses and represented the top 1 percent of beauty.  That is what a VS model should look like.  They should not be fat or ugly.  I don't want to see "real women" in lingerie and bikinis.  You can see that everywhere.   I want a beautiful model with a great body and legs like Stephanie Seymour.   

Cool strong dude, but Men like you and me aren’t the ones buying their products