Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I don't know why people think that vs angels are not any achievers. They have attained superior fitness levels, they have journeyed a long and difficult path to attain this position. Being slim doesn't mean they are weak. In vs collective they have appointed some women achievers but one cannot categorize success with being a doctor or actor or skier. These women think that a women should accept and be happy whatever shape she is in then why doesn't they date an obese guy. They are angels because they have attained a certain level of fitness. If this move is right by vs then why don't other clothing brands start choosing obese male and female models to showcase their brand, why don't we have fat, obese contestants for mr./miss world . If one is meant to be happy and acceptable of whatever shape he/she is in. Then there would not have been any gyms.

Vs angels should be brought back.

While I fully think this is a terrible, terrible, terrible idea and I don't like or know any of these women... I think it's also retarded to push the whole "go woke, go broke" narrative. I'm sorry but VS is already going broke, that is literally the reason why they had to make changes in the first place, because their sales have been going to shit for years now, clearly the model with the Angels wasn't working anymore, if the Angels had been performing well then the brand would have kept the same successful model. VS made a lot of mistakes and I do think the lack of representation was an issue that they took way too long to address which alienated a lot of people and then instead of introducing it in a healthy, organic way, they bombarded us with their obviously desperate attempt to cling to relevancy and alienated another huge chunk of people. If to this you add the fact that they've kept raising prices and lowering quality, and it's a recipe for disaster.

The brand is a sinking ship and I doubt this new scheme will save them, I'm just happy Adriana and Elsa left before being kicked to the curb by this :ninja:

We're not going to see the videos anymore where monica and sophia said you are opening this section, yeah yeah yeahhhhhhhhhhhh🤣😅

I'm disappointed like everyone else here, so the name now is VS collective, too bad Angels is over,

but I'm glad Lais ribeiro got her fantasy bra😂.

the victoria secret fashion show was so iconic with many wings wonderful, it's a shame, but no suprise

There would apparently be a kind of new show in 2022 totally different, I ask to see, it will surely be like what Rihanna is doing with her brand.

14 hours ago, Clauds said:

While I fully think this is a terrible, terrible, terrible idea and I don't like or know any of these women... I think it's also retarded to push the whole "go woke, go broke" narrative. I'm sorry but VS is already going broke, that is literally the reason why they had to make changes in the first place, because their sales have been going to shit for years now, clearly the model with the Angels wasn't working anymore, if the Angels had been performing well then the brand would have kept the same successful model. VS made a lot of mistakes and I do think the lack of representation was an issue that they took way too long to address which alienated a lot of people and then instead of introducing it in a healthy, organic way, they bombarded us with their obviously desperate attempt to cling to relevancy and alienated another huge chunk of people. If to this you add the fact that they've kept raising prices and lowering quality, and it's a recipe for disaster.

The brand is a sinking ship and I doubt this new scheme will save them, I'm just happy Adriana and Elsa left before being kicked to the curb by this :ninja:

I think you nailed their biggest problem when you mentioned the quality of their product. I don't see who the models were as the reason sales would be down. 

I just think VS was severely lacking in diversity, and by this I mean they could have used more models of different ethnicities and body types while still working exclusively with models who are a) beautiful and b) fit the bill for "selling the fantasy" c) don't look like they are related, say for example, girls like Kate Upton, Jessica Gomes, Brooklyn Decker, Bar Refaeli, Irina Shayk (back in 2010/2011), Nina Agdal, Rose Bertram, Hannah Ferguson and many other girls that VS deemed as "too commercial" but were/are more successful with the audience. 

I adore Elsa Hosk, everyone knows it, it's no secret, but did we really need Elsa, Candice, Stella and Martha to be Angels at the same time? No, we did not, I am sure the average person can't even tell them apart, same when they had Candice/Lindsay/Erin/Toni rotating together, and if they wanted to keep the whole "we only do high fashion models" thing then they should have contracted someone like Liu Wen in 2011. This is not to say I blame the models, but VS made very poor choices from 2010 and on IMO in terms of targeting different audiences. To this day, we are in 2021 and the amount Spanish speaker models VS has had in the last 10 years is zero. Imagine if VS had gotten someone like Daniela Lopez Osorio as an Angel, use her to to sell your bras and panties to the Latin audiences.

Particularly with the rise of social media I think VS was way too slow in getting models who are successful in that area, look how long they took before they started working with Barbara Palvin again even though she was clearly a fan favorite and had a solid social media presence. VS waited too long to change and start listening to their customer base, I really think it's too late for them now 

On 6/18/2021 at 5:58 PM, Prettyphile said:

If you all think it was the Angels and “alleged” lack of inclusivity that was making your sales numbers go down then you need to seriously fire some people. This is downright stupid and now NOTHING will separate you from target and walmart. It was the lack of good selection, sizes and especially quality for the dollar that was hurting you. I guess it’s goodbye to an iconic brand. FFS

Spot on. For years customers have complained about VS being too expensive for quality they offered.

VS just can't catch a break. So now people are going after them for Juneteenth and the comments section is :rofl:

✓ Bring back the angels. Go woke go broke.

✓ What's this bullshit!

✓ We still have slavery. It’s called human trafficking!!!! The border is overwhelmed with atrocities right now!

✓ GO WOKE GO BROKE 👋👋👋

✓ What does this have to do with lingerie?

✓ Do they actually care about juneteenth? All for the virtue signaling. But it's very hard to tell if they really care ...so are going to support Christians too? Because you are pandering to a lot of groups, we Christians would love some support too, since it's all hate against us and our core values ...

I've noticed how bad gov people bad globalist pushing hate and racewars getting lots of different companies even the military to push hate and divides

✓ Vick Secret promoting the globalist agenda! Hey when is your going out of business sale??

✓ Just more pandering. 🙄

✓ Why would dems who built the KKK want to keep reminding black people they were once slaves labeling them instead of all just being people

✓ Sad that VS no longer wants women who prefer male romantic partners to purchase their products.

✓ Another ...virtue signalling, hypocritical, sweat shop (abuser of society) company completely out of touch. I haven’t given you a dime in a while but now I don’t even acknowledge your existence. 💀

✓ Like this picture of this young lady I'm sure she's a good person but if bad gov keeps reminding her of slavery and it was Dem political party who pushed slavery it's as bad as dems wearing slave owner African scarfs always pushing raciest things pushing hate like how dems paid rioters bused rioters bailouts rioters paid Crisis actors to push hate

✓ RIP @victoriassecret Why change the models?

✓ Arent they supposed to look good in your clothes??

@victoriassecret how do you feel about Megan Rapinoe’s racist tweets?

✓ I heard you want to ban supermodels from modelling because of the "bodypositivity-movement". Now let me tell you one thing: beeing overweight and using bosy positivity as an excuse is just sad. I grew up with Adriana Lima, Candice Swanepoel, Gisele Bündchen and all these power-women. And trust me: your brand will loose a lot of money. Beeing overweight is unattractive and unhealthy. Truth is hard to handle. We live in 2021 and your new standarts are just lost.

✓ More propaganda using the black community to receive millions as activists. Blacks wake up.

✓ Didn’t your new spokeswoman just get busted for anti Asian tweets? Oh the tangled webs we weave…

✓ Where's the proper girls not these clowns?!

✓ Hahahhahahaha... get woke go broke. Thanks for the easy money on the short fuckos.

just show hot chicks in outfits nobody wants to see dudes

✓ Give me a break. Stop pandering. And now you’re pushing this bs racial divide nonsense. Take a look around American is not systemically racist it’s the government leaders who are..

✓ Blacks are NOT slaves.btw unless you open a money laundering movement like blm I as a black guy ain't interested

✓ Get woke go broke. Anything for a $$$$🤣

✓ Yall went woke i see .. Dumbasses . Not only are you playing on a day that is designed to keep the division but y'all decided to hire Megan Rapinoe to be your spokesperson for you 🙄🤦‍♀️ Unbelievable.. Seriously, What you gonna sell now . Thongs and Dongs .. Can't wait to see what display of bs yall pull out your cranial while I go shop at an independent line . Stay woke and go broke ..

✓ Hm yeah, I won’t be flipping through their catalogs. Sex sells, and they are not attractive lol

All this “wokeness” but come July 4th… there will be silence.

✓  Hello you woke company. Finished buying anything from you.

✓   Identity Politics will NEVER win. It's best to be AWARE not WOKE. You've lost me as a client.

No Memorial Day post though?

Juneteenth now let’s make sure we all understand the history of this day it was the day the republicans and the union army freed the remaining slaves from the democratic owners!

Megan Rapinoe mocked Asians for there closed eyes and she is going to represent Victoria Secret?? #BOYCOTTVICTORIASECRETS

✓  I went bra shopping today at Soma. I told the girl there I was leaving VS! She said they get that a lot! When I was there 5 other people came in saying the same thing! We were all so happy that we all showed up at the same time so we know we all made the right decision! #gowokegobroke

Normies being red pilled HYPE

@Stromboli1 @Joe > Average

As Megan Rapinoe takes her rightful place advising us and being one of our models what do we do with our now unemployed supermodels? Well logically speaking they should probably take the place of Megan Rapinoe and the other soccer players on the women's national team... cause like why should sports be played by athletes .. that's just oppressive to non athletes and promotes athletic shaming ... sports should be played by models and it helps support the athletic positivity movement! and maybe we could also have the models advise the sport of soccer about what rule changes it should make because that would also make a lot of sense.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

On 6/21/2021 at 2:49 AM, Clauds said:

While I fully think this is a terrible, terrible, terrible idea and I don't like or know any of these women... I think it's also retarded to push the whole "go woke, go broke" narrative. I'm sorry but VS is already going broke, that is literally the reason why they had to make changes in the first place, because their sales have been going to shit for years now, clearly the model with the Angels wasn't working anymore, if the Angels had been performing well then the brand would have kept the same successful model. 

100% this. 

Also I'll just be happily satisfied by the fact that Elsa got her FB, Swarovski outfit, and opened a show during her Angel tenure. :wub:

4 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

As Megan Rapinoe takes her rightful place advising us and being one of our models what do we do with our now unemployed supermodels? Well logically speaking they should probably take the place of Megan Rapinoe and the other soccer players on the women's national team... cause like why should sports be played by athletes .. that's just oppressive to non athletes and promotes athletic shaming ... sports should be played by models and it helps support the athletic positivity movement! and maybe we could also have the models advise the sport of soccer about what rule changes it should make because that would also make a lot of sense.

:rofl: 

14 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

:nicole:

VS is done, GOTTA DEFLECT AWAY FROM LES AND UNCLE JEFFREY.

Link to CNN - Business June 24, 2021 lengthy article "Victoria's Secret 'Sexy for All' Strategy Boosts Sales and Shares", which is a good business read (I have an MBA).

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/24/business/victorias-secret-turnaround/index.html 

Sales and profits at Victoria's Secret are growing.  VS profit margins are up ten percentage points during the three months ended May 1st this year compared with the same period in 2019.

The brand is also navigating the shift to online shopping.  In 2018, digital sales made up 24% of Victoria's Secret's revenue.  Now, they make up 44%. 

(OK, I'm inferring good progress by Victoria's Secret and L Brands on their business turnaround management, even though I was a fan of the "old VS playbook" described in the article as "Push-up bras and scantily-clad celebrity models")  🙂  

Edited by Jim T
Added sentence.

So are the Angels still under contact with VS or did they all become free agents with this decision?

Because Taylor Hill x Agent Provocateur 💦💦💦💦💦 

Candice starting a ToC Lingerie branch 💦💦💦💦💦

maybe Jasmine or JoJo for Savage Fenty 💦💦💦💦

hmmm