Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

8 hours ago, Luca Taidelli said:

Cancel culture and wokeism has taken down VS. This is a sad day.

Or perhaps it's simply an attempt to pivot from an image that was past its sell-by date and no longer as profitable. The previous leadership spent far too long trying to sell to a narrow band of appeal despite being well into the land of diminishing returns, tried moving towards the mainstream and got usurped on the high end by more exclusive brands.

7 hours ago, Schemer said:

Not really. The brand had no idea what they were doing for a long time now. Not to mention behind the scenes shit that went down. Poor quality too.

3 hours ago, Michael* said:

Or perhaps it's simply an attempt to pivot from an image that was past its sell-by date and no longer as profitable. The previous leadership spent far too long trying to sell to a narrow band of appeal despite being well into the land of diminishing returns, tried moving towards the mainstream and got usurped on the high end by more exclusive brands.

I think we need to find common ground and agree that the reasons were more than one. What I'm saying is that if something was acceptable 10 years ago, in 2021 it's not, hence the new course.
Poor quality, scandals, bad decisions... all of this is also there. But I really doubt the new "woke" branding will bring a better result.

11 hours ago, BehatiPrincess said:

I take it this means the VSFS is no longer as well... :(

According to the NY Times: "As for the fashion show, Mr. Waters said it would most likely return in 2022 in a very different form. What the brand will offer soon is a podcast featuring the women in the collective, a medium that requires no visuals."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/16/business/victorias-secret-collective-megan-rapinoe.html

18 hours ago, Luca Taidelli said:

I think we need to find common ground and agree that the reasons were more than one. What I'm saying is that if something was acceptable 10 years ago, in 2021 it's not, hence the new course.

Poor quality, scandals, bad decisions... all of this is also there. But I really doubt the new "woke" branding will bring a better result.

I'm not convinced that VS as a concept makes any more or less sense now than it did a decade ago, I just think the image is old and the business model and marketing have gotten stale. Force of habit and ubiquity kept it alive for a while, but shopping has become a different experience in recent years and rival brands have shown more willingness to match the demands of their customers.

At this point, there's probably more chance of the rebrand hurting the image of those associated with it than changing the company's credibility. Time will tell on that though of course.

I am concerned about how Leonardo DiCaprio will source his girlfriends now, however.

I have yet to read your guys' comments on here, but I'm glad they're finally done with the Angels. They weren't doing it right with them, there was no point in keeping them if they weren't even going to use them!!! VS is a mess, this new Collective thing is so stupid. I don't even know who half these people are, nor do I care. The VS website looks so shitty anymore, but I think it's cool they have some male models on the PINK site. PINK is fine being funky and forward and "woke" (urgh I hate that word), but I would've liked VS to stay more classy and mature. too bad they failed, the stuff at the end of the Angel era was awful!!!! 

A small taste of the comments section of VS' IG :rofl:

People asked and pushed for years of "Exclusivity and Diversity", well now they got it... Transsexuals, 300 pounders, 13 year old boys, and a fleet of basic ugly bitches... Have fun with that :56608abdc37de_rhythmisadancer:

image.png

image.png

Okay. This is ridiculous. People buy your products because your brand is sexy underwear on beautiful women. Whoever made this decision to remarked you as a woke, hip company is off the mark. I am a 20 year customer saying byeeeee.

GO WOKE, GO BROKE
Nobody wants this

I’m out! see you in bankruptcy.

Make Victoria secret great again

11k likes out of 69 million followers ... that’s all I’m going to say . Good Luck with this VP

go woke, go broke.

Bye bye VS. Go woke, go broke. 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼

Poor, poor decision🤦🏽‍♀️

Not shopping here again

pls stop the wokeness.

this is like a bad joke!

Time to go broke, redefine broke

No

Ehh okay there are people who look different and we know we aren’t dumb that regular girls may not look like the angels so what? Having that type of body is hard work and a decision. You don’t wake up skinny and beautiful without diets and strict work outs, those women have to work hard as well to look that way, and not for that I feel bad or less, if I look certain way it has been my decision and my problem. I feel the angels have been so iconic and beautiful to see in catwalks and to inspire new girls in the fashion world, being a model is not easy, not everyone is willing to sacrifice their meals. I feel all these brands are becoming so sensitive and a joke, nothing wrong to accept new women on the brand but take them out completely for me is ridiculous.

No thanks

You can do both, you know. Dont have to cancel angels do win at something else

So fire the Angels to hire a trans person? That’s women empowerment alright.

Nope 👎🏼

Good luck with sales catering to the 1%. I’ve spent alot Of money at VS. NOT ANYMORE!!

If you all think it was the Angels and “alleged” lack of inclusivity that was making your sales numbers go down then you need to seriously fire some people. This is downright stupid and now NOTHING will separate you from target and walmart. It was the lack of good selection, sizes and especially quality for the dollar that was hurting you. I guess it’s goodbye to an iconic brand. FFS

Bad decision! Not buying from you ever again!!

#getwokegobroke 😂😂😂😂

You do realize that not everyone wants to go woke, right? Such a turn off.

Hey @victoriassecret Your target audience was women who want to feel sexy like an angel wearing your lingerie and to men buying their wives lingerie. This is a terrible idea. Sexy sells, especially when trying to sell lingerie. Totally changing your brand to this is not sexy. Sorry 🙄

There is A lot of effort trying to normalize this situation, it feels like trying to force others to think the way they think😐

I love seeing beautiful angels - so ridiculous you are caving to the progressives! You are forgetting about your consumers who have made you such a successful business. And trust me there are more of these than the small “woke” community that is ruining everything.

36 minutes ago, Beehive2 said:

Have they taken down photos of angels in the stores?

Also for those angels with unexpired contracts, I guess they'll be utilized for photoshoots of products online? 

According to the news, the new woman are strictly spokesmodels for the brand and VS doesn't intend to use them very often if at all for pictures.

19 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

According to the news, the new woman are strictly spokesmodels for the brand and VS doesn't intend to use them very often if at all for pictures.

So not a L'Oréal kind of sitch? Then again, considering some of the choices, it makes sense, I guess.