Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

On 3/16/2021 at 7:21 AM, Clauds said:

Yeah I don't think VS can use the image of a model for years and years with no end, Gisele and others had been cut from footage multiple times, in videos where they would 100% be if VS had the rights to it. I think the most clear example we've gotten was when they had the Love Rocks campaign ready to go, Marisa was going to be the face of it and then she left VS and they had to scratch all the material they had and we ended up getting some B-List actress in the launch :rofl: that was a pretty overnight change that I doubt VS wanted.

I’m pretty sure VS retains the rights forever.  This is why there are VS stores still with photos of ex-angels.  The issue is that they no longer want to associate with a girl that has left the brand.  But the contracts the girls sign usually would entail that their image is for VS to do with as they please since that is the client that commissions the shoots.  

I don't think they retain them forever, there's certain angels VS wiped out of the stores because they don't have the rights to use their image anymore, my guess is that this is the case with mostly big names like Gisele and girls in the same tier, I remember for years VS did not show any footage with Gisele's face in the show... IIRC a member from here used to work with VS and mentioned it once as the reason why overnight they had to take all the pictures from some model out of the stores, but this thread is wayyyy too long and I ain't going back 2000 pages :rofl:

Either way, maybe VS is deleting footage as part of their new branding? It's still weird they'd do that but they really seem desperate for a new image.

4 minutes ago, Rapunzelica said:

Can someone name me the current Angels? According to Wikipedia many of them like Elsa, Martha, Candice?, Behati are not Angels anymore? 

alexina, barbara, grace elizabeth, taylor, sara, jasmine, lais, josephine, leomie, romee, stella

but i'm not sure anymore lol vs wishes happy birthday to the angels and this year they didn't say anything about alexina, taylor and grace and they did with leomie and jasmine i think so i'm confused

either way, the angel concept is dead at this point so...... 

24 minutes ago, claudiawilliams said:

alexina, barbara, grace elizabeth, taylor, sara, jasmine, lais, josephine, leomie, romee, stella

but i'm not sure anymore lol vs wishes happy birthday to the angels and this year they didn't say anything about alexina, taylor and grace and they did with leomie and jasmine i think so i'm confused

Thank you 🙏 

On 3/21/2021 at 7:48 PM, Marsnoop said:

I’m pretty sure VS retains the rights forever.  This is why there are VS stores still with photos of ex-angels.  The issue is that they no longer want to associate with a girl that has left the brand.  But the contracts the girls sign usually would entail that their image is for VS to do with as they please since that is the client that commissions the shoots.  

My VS store has tons of pictures of ex-Angels: Miranda, Doutzen, Alessandra...it's so weird, but I guess most customers won't realize that is it strange if they don't follow VS. 

2 hours ago, bump said:

My VS store has tons of pictures of ex-Angels: Miranda, Doutzen, Alessandra...it's so weird, but I guess most customers won't realize that is it strange if they don't follow VS. 

This is true for every VS Store front I've seen in the Northeast US.  There are tons of VS stores here.  It's like it's still 2008.  Erin, Candice, Miranda, Doutzen Alessandra etc. are still being used, mixed with the "new angels" (which aren't the case anymore).  Or it's just the new angels.  Or it's the current Woke lineup.  OR mixed together...

I can understand why they'd not want to remove the 2005 crew because this group defined the brand.  

20 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

This is true for every VS Store front I've seen in the Northeast US.  There are tons of VS stores here.  It's like it's still 2008.  Erin, Candice, Miranda, Doutzen Alessandra etc. are still being used, mixed with the "new angels" (which aren't the case anymore).  Or it's just the new angels.  Or it's the current Woke lineup.  OR mixed together...

I can understand why they'd not want to remove the 2005 crew because this group defined the brand.  

That's interesting that all the stores look like this, though I'm not surprised since why would they change one and not the others?

Good point about the 2005 ones being the group that defined the brand. I know people who still associate them, especially Adrianna, with VS, even though they are not fans like we are to know she is no longer with the brand. 

On 3/22/2021 at 12:09 PM, claudiawilliams said:

Vs has to many angel. Alexia, Stella, Jasmine & Leomie should get out.

On 3/29/2021 at 4:32 PM, kabo5678 said:

So disappointed in this video and the whole Swim 2021 campaign. I don't know who the hell these models are except for Taylor. The whole "brand" seems to be running on fumes. 

Their names are in the video 🤓

So for the first time in a long time VS is actually rolling a campaign that makes sense: A contracted model who was pregnant for Mother's Day. I hope they also include the rest of the moms in the campaign, it would be a nice touch.

Congrats to Grace on her pregnancy, and kuddos to the entire team on this it's a pretty simple yet beautiful and sweet picture and concept.