Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Victoria's Secret to close 30 to 50 U.S. Stores While Bath & Body Works Opens New Locations

After closing nearly 250 stores in 2020, Victoria's Secret plans to permanently close between 30 to  50 more U.S. locations this year, its parent company L Brands announced Wednesday.

L Brands also plans to open 49 new Bath & Body Works stores in the U.S. and one in Canada, according to information the company posted online as part of its quarterly earnings... 

The Columbus, Ohio-based retailer says it is still planning to move ahead with plans to spin off its struggling Victoria's Secret brand into a separate company over the next six months. The New York Times reported this week that Goldman Sachs will formally begin pitching buyout firms about a potential takeover as soon as this week.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/shopping/2021/02/24/victoria-secret-store-closures-2021-bath-body-works-opening/6806159002/ 

thank you for the Swim post @toodarnhot. I like the feel and song in the video, it's has a vintagey/older vibe to it. They look like women, not kids, and like I said, the song is cool (and that's usually not my taste in music in the slightest). 

The pictures are good as well, not as good as past campaigns, but definitely not bad. I like that they're using bigger models, as I am more their size than the regular Angel/VS model size, so it's easier to see how a swimsuit will fit on me. I have gotten all my swimsuits from them, but didn't get any the last few years because they were ugly. I just kept reusing my old one (I had the white lemon one with the yellow ruffles that Candice and Behati modeled in 2013, omg it was so cute and lasted forever!!). So far no complaints, which is rare as I complain about everything they do anymore. 

@Marsnoop thanks for posting that! It looks very interesting. I don't have Hulu, so I hope i'll still be able to watch it somewhere. I didn't start reading about VS or this thread or got any knowledge of VS until 2013 (thanks to Candice!), but in high school I used to get the catalogue and I saw a picture of Alessandra Ambrosio for Swim and fell in love! I bought the swimsuit and continued to buy from them, and I love the yoga pants they make and even PINK used to have some cute shirts (not anymore sadly). I may not have been a big fan until 2013 when I found BZ, but I have really liked VS for a long time now, so it's sad to see what is happening. 

thanks for all the posts and discussion! I love reading all of your thoughts! 

I wonder if any of the former Angels that had a "nicer" break up with VS will be in the documentary? I'm sure some girls will be more than ready to shit on VS asap for clout like Karlie or Erin but girls like Marisa, Adriana, Alessandra, Gisele or Miranda who -as far as we know- don't have any bad blood with VS and were with the brand during the golden years and downfall and they would actually be interesting to listen to. Or the girls who turned down contracts and the girls who had the are they or are they not? situations like Toni and Bregje.

18 hours ago, Clauds said:

I wonder if any of the former Angels that had a "nicer" break up with VS will be in the documentary? I'm sure some girls will be more than ready to shit on VS asap for clout like Karlie or Erin but girls like Marisa, Adriana, Alessandra, Gisele or Miranda who -as far as we know- don't have any bad blood with VS and were with the brand during the golden years and downfall and they would actually be interesting to listen to. Or the girls who turned down contracts and the girls who had the are they or are they not? situations like Toni and Bregje.

what do you mean by "are they or are they not? situations like toni and bregje"  ???

I mean girls who were working with VS a lot, were walking shows, shooting for them left and right, did press events for VS and then literally overnight were completely dropped by the brand OR they decided to not work with VS anymore. Emanuela de Paula also had a weird run with VS like that, I've always been curious about how those decisions were made. Especially because when VS handed out 10 contracts they gave them to a rather random choice of girls like Taylor, Jac, Kate, Stella and Romee who hadn't been with the brand for too long but girls like Josephine (who ended up getting a contract later, but still), Vita Sirdorkina or Kelly Gale who had been around longer and we all thought were shoe-ins for contracts.

If in 2015 the majority of us had been told VS was going to give away 10 contracts there's no way in hell any of us would have put money in some of those names, we would have probably guessed Elsa, Martha, Lais, Jasmine and maybe Sara or Stella.

On 2/24/2021 at 2:47 AM, calwatch said:

It's going to be interesting. I was just going over my stash of VS website photos, which now dates back over 20 years from around 2000 and tiny 380 x 512 pictures - one of these days I'll have to post the archive

Please do! I don’t have much from the early days, before 2012.

23 hours ago, Clauds said:

If in 2015 the majority of us had been told VS was going to give away 10 contracts there's no way in hell any of us would have put money in some of those names, we would have probably guessed Elsa, Martha, Lais, Jasmine and maybe Sara or Stella.

the choices were sooo random!!! I thought it was so stupid of VS, and it doesn't look like it worked that well in their favor. I still have trouble remembering who all the Angels were at that time, and I actually liked quite a  few of them. I don't understanding what they were trying to accomplish, all they did was water down the exclusivity of the Angel contract and screw up the whole brand. 

On 2/19/2021 at 9:41 PM, pedsmbs said:

it is really sad. the brand truly has lost its spark and gone to sh*t. nothing sets it apart from other brands.

I don't think it makes any more or less sense now than it did back in the day, I just think the image is getting old. Kept trying to sell to a narrow band of appeal despite being well into the land of diminishing returns, tried moving towards the mainstream and got usurped on the high end by more exclusive brands.

22 hours ago, bump said:

the choices were sooo random!!! I thought it was so stupid of VS, and it doesn't look like it worked that well in their favor. I still have trouble remembering who all the Angels were at that time, and I actually liked quite a  few of them. I don't understanding what they were trying to accomplish, all they did was water down the exclusivity of the Angel contract and screw up the whole brand. 

They did it for shock value, and they shocked us but then it backfired because people couldn't remember most of these newbies, heck, they had trouble remembering the previous angels and out of nowhere they overwhelmed the public with new girls. People were used to the previous generation, they should have introduced the new girls in an organic way as they used to: pairing them with the older angels but no, they paired them with each other and the public wasn't really interesed.

On 2/28/2021 at 10:35 AM, medicenevs said:

They did it for shock value, and they shocked us but then it backfired because people couldn't remember most of these newbies, heck, they had trouble remembering the previous angels and out of nowhere they overwhelmed the public with new girls. People were used to the previous generation, they should have introduced the new girls in an organic way as they used to: pairing them with the older angels but no, they paired them with each other and the public wasn't really interesed.

that makes perfect sense, the shock value idea to try and get people interested, and since they added so many new girls, hopefully those people who became interested would find one they really liked and latch on to the brand again. I definitely felt overwhelmed by how many and underwhelmed by the choices themselves, I really only cared for a few of them. I think adding Josephine, Leomie, Grace, and Barbara was a good choice when they did that a while later. 10 was too many at once, or even over a few years. I like keeping the Angel number more exclusive, at like 6, maybe 7.

Josephine has new pictures on the instagram. Alexina, Barbara, and Lais all seem to have recently shot white wall pictures as well. I saw a couple of Stella but they were less frequent so I don't know if they were re-using older pictures. 

Grace and Leomie are a question mark atm. 

2 hours ago, bump said:

Me too. I wish they used her more. I hate white wall, but I don't even care at this point if they put her in white wall. I am so bored of these random models. 

Agreed. (Even though some of the models are a bit bigger, which I like to see all sizes and all shapes available for purchase, but they aren’t)

White wall would be ok if they hired better stylists, I guess that’s who “to blame” for the crappy makeup. Or is it the person that applies said make up?

And it doesn’t have to be “super glamours” or the bland, just rolled out of bed with “I woke up this way” looks. Is this too much to ask them for?