Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

7 hours ago, Jim T said:

The brunette is Barbara Minty (aka, Mrs. Steve McQueen). 

https://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/30545-barbara-minty/?tab=comments#comment-2249271

Thank you! On further research, it seems like she's the only identified model. Everywhere I go just says "Barbara Minty & unknown models".

Anyways, looking back, I wonder what would've happened if Ana Beatriz Barros never rejected an Angel contract. Not the biggest fan of her body, but I love her face. 😍 I think she would've been the tallest VS Angel of the mid 2000s lineup. I always loved this pic of her, KK and Adriana.

837827556_victoriasecret.thumb.jpg.7c35d25088960f76fef65d848ce99031.jpg

What do you like about that outfit? Not beings sarcastic, I like your posts and am genuinely curious.

While I'm warming up to the idea of Alexina, I personally don't like that outfit. But I don't like how busy it is and it reminds me of a gladiator. If they removed the neck part of it, it would be a lot better. I didn't care for very many outfits from that segment or from that show though, and I'm hard to please lol'

I'm glad you broke the ice though! I love this thread and I hope even though there's not much to talk about, we can keep up some kind of discussion. 

I really like Candice's punk outfit and that segment in general. That was 2017 right? That was the only segment I really liked from that year. The Goddess segment with Lais and the FB was ok, but I only really liked Romee's outfit. I liked 2018 a lot better out of the shows from the later years. 

2010-2012 will always be my favorites though! 

• 3 weeks later...

Around this time of the year you would see people start posting regularly on the thread that is dedicated to each year's show. But no 2020 show, so no 2020 thread. Is it safe to say that the VS show is over for good? It's still so odd to acknowledge that.

I had this thought the other day that the VS show was one of the very few jobs that expanded the longevity of a model's career. Without VS, I'm pretty sure many model's careers would have been over way earlier. Now that the show is gone models are pushed back one step further into the unknown beauty-identity. It's very sad and all because a bunch of hot models with the same body type weren't enough.🙄

Yeah I don't think the show is coming back. It was getting stale the last few years and lost its spark from the earlier shows, which is why the viewership plummeted. Plus I dont think VS has the budget to host it anymore considering the financial problems they've been having. I think the only unknown at this point is whether the angel concept will be officially retired, because without the show who really cares about the angels? I think social media really killed the allure of the brand.

8 hours ago, GiseleQueenBee said:

...the angel concept will be officially retired, because without the show who really cares about the angels? I think social media really killed the allure of the brand....

That is a good theory. And I agree very much.  The hurtful impact of social media to anything, about anything, and for anything, it just makes me cringe. We were raised better than this.

Does anyone know anything about Kate Li shooting for PINK? It looks like she shot in March of this year and then maybe back in 2018? I could be wrong about that date, though. Here are some pictures from her thread. I would personally like to see her mainline more so than PINK, but she's one of my favorite models so I'll take whatever. I wish she would've had a chance in the show!!!

uWWtigfFuv8.jpg 7C954D1B-0F1A-418C-8030-9411BA8B5451.jpeg.d3a3babeec19c1eb88ab83fde520b64e.jpeg 8F25DDFC-67D9-4BBF-9D84-E2C7DE2D19FA.jpeg.4408fd3920abde3f98359b316f86c654.jpeg fxwpUNlnWDI.jpg

21 hours ago, medicenevs said:

This thread used to be fun back in the day when the everything was starting to leak, and everyone was fighting, lol.

I miss that too. I loved reading about the upcoming VSFS when people were discussing models and getting excited about their favorites getting in, and then seeing sketches of the outifts and whatnot. Shame that won't be happening this year, and probably never again. 

thank god for individual model threads to keep me entertained. 

I feel like VS just keeps getting hit with bad news and bad press. It's a wonder they are still around. I only care about them now for Barbara, Grace and Jasmine and to a lesser extent Romee and Leomie (but do they ever use her? It feels like they don't). 

I've been thinking of who my top 10 favorite Angels from past and present are, as well as least favorite, favorite/least favorite regulars, and who I wish had worked with them in their good days.  I doubt anyone cares, but here are my top 10 favorite Angels from past and present. I would love if you guys would share yours bc I am so interested to see what others think! I feel like I'm in the minority a lot with who I like and dislike, which is another reason I'd love to see what you guys think! 

1) Barbara

2)Candice

3)Lily

4)Miranda

5)Behati

6)Jasmine

7)Elsa

8)Grace

9) Doutzen

10) Leomie

Honorable Mention: Romee

Least Favorite