Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Ive recently found Tommy Hilfiger's niece youtube channel (Audrey Hilfiger) and her girlfriend - Camille Opp - would be perfect for VS. She looks like a mix of Gigi Hadid and Candice Swanepoel, and the lgbt representation wouldn't hurt VS.

Here's Adriana talking about ending her VS career and her overall experience with the brand, she also says her voice was heard regarding the VSFS outfits, which means this woman really wanted those ugly ass outfits she got :rofl:

I watched an Instagram live where Ale mentioned that she asked the design team in 2009 to switch from the yellow outfit that Maryna wore to the pink one because her arms were constricted with the yellow one and she wanted to use them in the opening . . .  choices . . .

Tati should just trademark Choices tbh, it's all I think about when I hear it as well :rofl:

But yeah, a lot of people gave VS shit for giving certain Angels bad outfits, but we've known since the Heidi/Gisele days that top dogs get to pretty much choose their outfits. These women have no one to blame but themselves for the poor outfit choices, like Adriana had the most gorgeous outfit to open in 2010 but sis changed it to the meh one she got because she wanted to be more comfortable as well.

14 hours ago, Clauds said:

At this point I think they are done with the concept of Angels as we knew it and now they'll be working with kind of "Ambassadors" for each season or campaign.

With the way things are in the world, I'm okay with this. Sucks for the girls that were signed last, though. 

13 hours ago, claudiawilliams said:

honestly, i'm starting to think that the angel concept is over. i feel that when the actual angels contracts are over, there won't be more angels, just random models

I think the same thing. It's sad because I grew up with the Angel concept (when I was 15, I started getting into VS and that was in 2005, so I remember Angels like Gisele, Adriana, Alessandra, etc), and then when Candice, Lily, Miranda, Behati, etc became Angels, I really got into VS because that was my favorite group of Angels. I still really enjoy looking at the threads of the individual models, but VS isn't going to be the same without Angels, I think they'll just become like any other brand. But I do think it's time to retire the Angel concept because they have very few worthwhile Angels right now and no household names. No one cares about the Angels anymore, so they might as well retire the concept. 

21 hours ago, uberglasses said:

My hope is that if they do retire the concept of Angels, they'll bring it back in like 10 years? People are suckers for nostalgia and they can make a big deal/campaign about "the return of Angels". 

I like that idea, but I do wonder if VS will be around that long. It seems like they're doing better now than I thought they would be doing at this point, but I still don't know how much people care about or shop at VS aside from this forum and other fashion forums. At least some of their photography has been getting better than just the stupid white wall stuff they've been doing in the last year or so. 

My account's new but I joined over 5 years ago. I forgot my account and I'm sure no one remembered me because I rarely posted lol. I was bored so I decided to make a new account and see whats happening.

I'm surprised VS added older (45+) models in one of their shoots. Usually their models leave during their 20s to early 30s. Oh how times have changed. I found at least three of the Victoria Secret fashion shows unedited (2005, 2006 and 2010) and its interesting seeing the show without all the quick cuts and other audio.

Does anyone know who these models were for the 1979 Victoria Secret catalogue? Its WAYYYY far back but I've always wondered who they were lol. I'm guessing they're probably in their 60s now.

2092058755_victoriasecret1979.thumb.jpg.2f28f3e132b7b7eaef6c03e474b4f044.jpg

1642650563_oldvictoriasecret.thumb.jpg.1d276241f1178411c41eb09466eca11a.jpg

1 hour ago, Boredom said:

Does anyone know who these models were for the 1979 Victoria Secret catalogue? Its WAYYYY far back but I've always wondered who they were lol. I'm guessing they're probably in their 60s now.

2092058755_victoriasecret1979.thumb.jpg.2f28f3e132b7b7eaef6c03e474b4f044.jpg

1642650563_oldvictoriasecret.thumb.jpg.1d276241f1178411c41eb09466eca11a.jpg

The brunette is Barbara Minty (aka, Mrs. Steve McQueen). 

https://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/30545-barbara-minty/?tab=comments#comment-2249271