Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Hi @PastaFreak All good here. :) I've worked everyday through the pandemic and am safe and sound.  Just not around much since everything has been so quiet all around. Hope you're well! 

I also would agree that VSFS2018 was the end of the shows. I don't see VS rebounding from the shit show they've become, sadly. 

18 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

Side note to everyone else reading this, stay safe and stay strong. 

Hi @PastaFreak! How have you been? 
It’s good to see you again. 

My family is so far all right, except one of my brothers got furloughed and his job hasn’t started back up yet. 

On 6/17/2020 at 1:03 AM, heartwing said:

Hi @PastaFreak All good here. :) I've worked everyday through the pandemic and am safe and sound.  Just not around much since everything has been so quiet all around. Hope you're well! 

I also would agree that VSFS2018 was the end of the shows. I don't see VS rebounding from the shit show they've become, sadly. 

Ah, this saddens me. Guess there's no more pretty to marvel at anymore :(. Best guess as to how long VS will last?

23 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Hi @PastaFreak! How have you been? 
It’s good to see you again. 

My family is so far all right, except one of my brothers got furloughed and his job hasn’t started back up yet. 

Hey you! I'm good, thanks for asking. Life could be be better but I'll take it the way it is now. Sorry to hear that your brothers got furloughed. I'm experiencing a huge pay cut myself.

Fret not, I'm sure things will look up in no time, you and I have just gotta hang in there!

^ I agree. If the show is truly over, I think it was definitely fitting that it ended when Adriana left. Adriana was the last model from the golden generation of VS (with Gisele & Tyra). She helped put VS on the map back in the day and then helped carry the brand for nearly 2 decades. Once she left, VS knew it was a wrap. I just don't think any of the newer models/angels can draw in mainstream attention like that anymore. But we'll see.

My only saving grace is that we at least have some great VS shows from years ago that we can rewatch on youtube and relive the glory days. That's what I do is just rewatch the old shows from 2003-2012. I miss Behati, Adriana, Tyra, Doutzen and Gisele!!!

Hey VS lovers, can anyone tell me which VS models have belly piercings? All I know for sure is Alessandra, Adriana, and Ana Beatriz Barros. I think Rachel Hilbert has a piercing but never wears a belly ring? I really miss the good old days when Alessandra and Adriana would rock those belly rings ...

On 6/16/2020 at 7:03 PM, heartwing said:

Regardless of how flawed the show became over the years, it was far from being a shit show. 👆

The VS show won't come back obviously because fatties and trans created their butthurt-shitstorm and VS became a victim of cancel culture.

I'm usually not a conspiracy theorist but I find it somewhat funny to think that Ed plotted the end of the VS show as he thought of retiring. He made the VS show and he didn't wanna leave it to someone else when retiring. So he indirectly made it go lol.

IS PINK still doing better than VS? I went into the PINk and VS stores at my mall last weekend, and there was a line to get in, but the clothes in PINK were so ugly! I used to love their yoga pants, but I don't anymore. The quality has really gone downhill as well. 

Something confuses me. I remember in the VS Swim line it was a big deal or at least a thing, who got the VS Swim cover until 2016. However for 2019 and 2020, I did not notice that, who got the actual VS Swim Cover for the "Reboot" Vs Swim?

Second question, when did the VS Swim cover begin being a thing? I just remember Candice getting it from 2011 to 2014, but before that I cannot recall any, is there a list of them, like for SI? I am also aware that there are these mini-catalogue covers, which makes the whole thing even more confusing.

13 hours ago, WongDong said:

Something confuses me. I remember in the VS Swim line it was a big deal or at least a thing, who got the VS Swim cover until 2016. However for 2019 and 2020, I did not notice that, who got the actual VS Swim Cover for the "Reboot" Vs Swim?

Second question, when did the VS Swim cover begin being a thing? I just remember Candice getting it from 2011 to 2014, but before that I cannot recall any, is there a list of them, like for SI? I am also aware that there are these mini-catalogue covers, which makes the whole thing even more confusing.

There is no catalogue anymore. It was done with a few years ago, if I'm not mistaken, Josephine got the last cover back in 2016. 

I miss having a lot to talk about as well because no on in my real life likes or even knows people are fans of VS. I sometimes read through this thread in my free time, and it's crazy to see how many posters used to be here and that aren't anymore. I barely even post on here anymore because there's not much to say. At least we have individual model threads to entertain us! 

Hello everyone! My name is Brandon and I'm new here. Most of what I remember about VS comes from the mags my Aunt Rosalind used to get when I was little. That was where I first saw Tyra Banks! My Aunt used to tease me about it a lot.

Welcome Brandon!

VS catalogue (sic) and photo quality was superb back in the 90's and 2000's. The Brazilian bombshells of Adriana, Isabeli, Alessandra, Izabel, Ana BB, and Caroline (Francischini and Trentini); although I never cared much for Gisele. The shoots would often try to tell a story, even if it was just one photo for some random lingerie. (Examples below.)

Obviously white wall shows the product better, but you can still do shoots with visual variety like Venus does. They have been doing that to a limited extent with the FLL line and a few campaign photos for the socials and as headers on the web site, but virtually all the photos are white wall. With the catalogue, it was easier to group photos in a theme. On the web, unless it's for a brand line like FLL or Intimissimmi, each product has to stand alone and so you get the white wall bleh. 

V234295.jpg V232918.jpg V227103.jpg V243594.jpg

12 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Sort of Off Topic, I just peeked at Venus.com. Not only do they have plus sizes, and good looking models! 

Sandra Kubica was the only on I recognized. 

But, their vibe to me is a lot like VS in it’s heyday. 

I started buying my bathing suits from there! After VS ended their swimsuit line I held onto this one bikini for a while because it fit me correctly and it's hard for me to find any that actually fit, and because they did bra sizes it was perfect. Well when they came back with swim, hardly ANY larger sizes in the chest. It was terrible...so that's when I discovered Venus.com and even when digging on the site, they do have some cute clothes that fit well. I've made quite a few purchases from them. :)

Global brands employ Uyghur Muslims as ‘forced labour’

https://www.sundayguardianlive.com/news/global-brands-employ-uyghur-muslims-forced-labour

The report released by the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) titled “Uyghurs for Sale” stated that big, well-known global companies in the field of clothing, technology and automotive sectors like Abercrombie & Fitch, Amazon, GAP, H&M, Nike, Jack & Jones, Sharp, Siemens, Skechers, ASUS, Apple, Samsung, Huawei, BMW, Volkswagen, Sony, Polo Ralph Lauren, Puma, Victoria’s Secret, Vivo, among others, are using Uyghur Muslims as “forced labour” in their factories in China.